AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Number of people you have on ignore on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100 even.

God, last time I logged onto MFC I think it was over 300? Usually ended up banning at least three or four dudes a day.

I have 6 (only 2 on hidden as well as ignore).

I tend to be able to resolve most communication problems and can ignore most distracting behaviour pretty easily. There are plenty of irritating people, those who crave attention, push for extra time when you are busy etc., if you can take a moment to confront the issue, the person behind the problem is usually just fine. As a member I have met relatively few models/ members who are so disrespectful that I must ignore them long term.

I definitely get why models would want 1 day bans or silencing whole groups of people in addition to more permanent options. When time is so valuable, you would want the option just to close the door on the more distracting fools so you can get to work.
For members I think we can spare a little time and understanding for the more irritating models before excluding them.

I thought I had like 5, I actually have 55. I guess I'm getting more intolerant as I get older and grumpier.

No Swagger I hate that I have 9 people on ignore that's 9 whole people I can't tell to go suck a taint! :(

• Funny!
Reactions: swagger
I only have 85 on ignore at the present time. :(

If you had asked me this last year, my answer would have been just over 200, but I trimmed back the list to remove anyone who had not logged on in the last 2 years. I had found several names on my list who had not logged on to MFC in 5 or 6 years, so I decided to cull all those names not present for more than 24 months. I have 6 models still on the list.

P.S. I always add ignored people to my profile block list as well, but I never change those. Currently, I am blocking 290 individuals on there. :happy:

Reactions: ZenHedonist
Zero. Is it bad that I find how stupid and annoying some people are to be entertaining?

Reactions: swagger
I haven't used the ignore function yet. Not sure what I would be ignoring. I do find some guys irritating but that is only because I lack their suave words or the funny guys (you know the ones that type so fast) that rule all! They both rule all but, damn, I wish I had the typing ability and the words.! I try to learn...even though most of the time it is the model in pm talk and not public chat. But, you know, I just want to know what makes that model smile so I soak it in. :)

Last edited:
Related to this topic somewhat, recently I have had an increase in PM contact getting to annoying levels. In changing the sound notification to a single message it freed up the ignore hand for other activities until it felt free to click on the message.
[In simple terms it cuts out the pester private messaging noise pollution, by grouping each one as a single message.]

The number on ignore is still 6, but have removed 5 models from friends list since the reply.

Related to this topic somewhat, recently I have had an increase in PM contact getting to annoying levels. In changing the sound notification to a single message it freed up the ignore hand for other activities until it felt free to click on the message.
[In simple terms it cuts out the pester private messaging noise pollution, by grouping each one as a single message.]

The number on ignore is still 6, but have removed 5 models from friends list since the reply.

Similar to me. Any time I log on, I get about three different PMs within a couple of seconds of logging on and it continues for a while. If I don't want to chat, I usually just ignore and close without reading.

Does willful, manual ignore count? ;)

Similar to me. Any time I log on, I get about three different PMs within a couple of seconds of logging on and it continues for a while. If I don't want to chat, I usually just ignore and close without reading.

Does willful, manual ignore count? ;)
I think it does. In that case you could add another few (3-4) to my list.

There are quite a few steps in your settings to adjust this, the main one members use is to have PM set to 'friends only'. Another is to keep points and tokens hidden to avoid tempting models who notice you.
I don't think either will stop that initial flood of messages as you arrive unless you want to restrict your viewing habits to only a few models.

I do a 'hello' only to the random models; and for those who I know I only ignore repeated attention seeking messages. I take my time to answer anyone until I am ready, I reply on my time not the models.
If it is beginning to bother you, I do believe in taking more proactive steps to prevent it... Switching sites, logging off, making secondary accounts, ignore, and confronting the model directly are a few options available. I've tried all at some stage; I find that 'manning up' and confronting the model works best for me.

I had a long chat to one model that I had removed from friends list last night about this and her behaviour in particular: Including why I tolerate it. Hopefully she listened and stops scaring interested members away; personally I think she will still chase attention seeking as her default strategy but am hopeful that she takes more control over it. If she can't show more respect to me, she will make the ignore list.

I think it does. In that case you could add another few (3-4) to my list.

There are quite a few steps in your settings to adjust this, the main one members use is to have PM set to 'friends only'. Another is to keep points and tokens hidden to avoid tempting models who notice you.
I don't think either will stop that initial flood of messages as you arrive unless you want to restrict your viewing habits to only a few models.

I do a 'hello' only to the random models; and for those who I know I only ignore repeated attention seeking messages. I take my time to answer anyone until I am ready, I reply on my time not the models.
If it is beginning to bother you, I do believe in taking more proactive steps to prevent it... Switching sites, logging off, making secondary accounts, ignore, and confronting the model directly are a few options available. I've tried all at some stage; I find that 'manning up' and confronting the model works best for me.

I had a long chat to one model that I had removed from friends list last night about this and her behaviour in particular: Including why I tolerate it. Hopefully she listened and stops scaring interested members away; personally I think she will still chase attention seeking as her default strategy but am hopeful that she takes more control over it. If she can't show more respect to me, she will make the ignore list.

I've thought of putting PM's to friends only, just haven't done it as sometimes the PMs I get aren't bad or needy/demanding. Have my token and points hidden, etc. yet still get them. Wonder if there's a "member's list" some people get put on if there's a studio involved and multiple models there?

I've had some pretty direct messages with some models, as well as just directly ignore a few that really got bad. Went so far as to report one as she was borderline harrasment in PM's, and had never been in her room. Another one, just stopped going to her room entirely when she went off on another guest for watching a member's token's and when it dropped without her getting tipped, she berated him. Then, she'd harrass me both in messages and such about my not going to her room and spending time/tips with other models.

Some of the members can get pretty bad in comments. Which, in some ways comes with the territory of cam sights. Not that it's acceptable behavor. Just saying comes with it, unfortunately. But, when models get to the point of harrassing, berating &/or belittling them, that's just wrong.

As to switching sites, of the models I tend to go to their rooms, they are only on the one site.

None of it really bothers me, was more of a comment on that when I log in get pinged a lot and I ignore or respond when I feel like it.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Wonder if there's a "member's list" some people get put on if there's a studio involved and multiple models there?
Studios like any business do have employee meetings and this may include lists of top customers. Add in gossip and models working together and more popular members do get shared by studio models.

I've had some pretty direct messages with some models, as well as just directly ignore a few that really got bad. Went so far as to report one as she was borderline harrasment in PM's, and had never been in her room.
I call this move the 'fallen angel', one for the sad, desperate, and failing. They can give a good cheap show, but the well of begging is endless. Ignore and a little pity is the best option.

Another one, just stopped going to her room entirely when she went off on another guest for watching a member's token's and when it dropped without her getting tipped, she berated him. Then, she'd harrass me both in messages and such about my not going to her room and spending time/tips with other models.
I kind of respect this type of model and it is one of the reasons I don't ignore them. Frustration and boredom are such common, valid emotions that being called out for lack of interest in a model on occasion is fair. It may not be too clever, but an emotion like anger is a fair thing to feel.
A model in this frame of mind can be manipulative so if you want to keep communicating be prepared to have your boundaries tested.

If a model does it regularly then manipulation of this type is her game (Domination or Brat play in someone healthy, something like borderline or antisocial personality disorder in someone unhealthy), don't play unless you can maintain your boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.