AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Split. If you're into serious psychological stuff, that movie is brilliant

Oh and Cars 3, always epic lol

Sadly, I barely remember the first one. I liked it. But, don't remember a thing about the second. Might have to make a day of watching them before going to see the new one.

Kind of like Despicable Me. Only saw the first, but nothing afterwards...

Anyone want to go catch a few movies? :eyebrows:

Sadly, I barely remember the first one. I liked it. But, don't remember a thing about the second. Might have to make a day of watching them before going to see the new one.

Kind of like Despicable Me. Only saw the first, but nothing afterwards...

Anyone want to go catch a few movies? :eyebrows:
Get yourself a three year old boy and you'll soon know every line of the first two AND Mater's Tall Tales lol

Finished season 2 of Master of None.

Tried watching the new CHIPS movie but gave up halfway through.

In the last two weeks i've binged through Season 5 of My 600lb Life, OITNB, and season 1 of Riverdale. Ialso started Season 1 of I am Jazz. I just need to watch all the tv please.

The last show I watched was "F is for Family" and I totally recommend it. A solid adult cartoon that is getting funnier as I watch it.

The last movie I've watched was "Dirty Harry" (1971). It was a 70's cop drama, if you are into that, and a young Clint Eastwood is the lead!

Reactions: SatanJonez
As to movies... I was on a bit of a Scandiwegian binge recently, as I watched the first 3 Department Q crime movies (in Danish with English subtitles) back to back. Dark and gritty, but very watchable.

TV? Just finished season 2 of Versailles and I'm 5 episodes in on The Handmaid's Tale. Interesting and disturbing, but definitely worth a peek.

As this was Glasto weekend, I have spent most of this evening catching up on the best bits. :rock:

:D

Watched "the last king' the other day. It got me in the sword flailing mood again. I am about to start binge watching GoT thru season 6. I quit half way thru season 2 when it was on broadcast so I'll just start fresh. Got tired of waiting.
Also saw '13 reasons' last week. Not bad but nothing outstanding. Lots of childhood angst and idealism. I cant believe its going to take them so long to do the next batch.. supposedly late 2018.

Just finished the 3rd season of "Le Bureau des Legendes" (The Bureau ), it's in French, subtitles are still a little hard to come by. It's the best espionage series I've seen since MI5. In fact It was so good, that I enjoyed it despite my very basic and broken French.

I got day drunk on Saturday and seriously was torn between watching the new Transformers or Wonder Woman in theater. Typically Transformers would be my first choice because its the type of movie I would have to watch drunk in order to enjoy it more but I had a feeling that Michael Bay's filmmaking style (whiplash camera movements and fast-like-a-freak editing) would end up make me feeling very nauseous. So Wonder Woman...

WOW. I am so glad I chose to finally watch this movie it was awesome! She is the only superhero (DC and Marvel) I'll ever need I don't care about the other ones from here on out! She is a complete badass warrior, very caring and compassionate and she is the only bright shining light of hope in the DC cinematic universe. She is everything that Superman should be haha. I can't wait for Wonder Woman 2 OMG give me that sequel now!!!

Preacher. Love it. See it getting shit on online all the time but I don't care. Cassidy is probably my favorite character on tv at the moment.

Also been doing a rewatch of Reno 911. Absolutely hilarious.

TV!

I binge-watched all of GLOW over two days and loved it. If you like wrestling, it feels like a fairly accurate, albeit obviously stylised and mined-for-comedy portrayal of a bunch of outsiders being thrust in to this weird, contradictory world of pseudo-sport in the 1980s. It simultaneously acknowledges how absurd professional wrestling is, whilst also respecting the amount of work and sacrifice that goes in to actually making any money doing it. There's plenty of geeky references to wrestling and wrestlers to pick through as well.

If you don't like wrestling, there's still plenty to love about it. Professional wrestling, much like the prison system in Orange Is The New Black, is more of a thematic device than anything else, and is there primarily to provide an excuse for these women to exist in one another's orbit. The show is about their characters and their relationships and the complications that those things breed. And the cast is great. Alison Brie is great (Annie's boobs!), Marc Maron is great, even dodgy mid-00s indie-warbler Kate Nash is good in it.

Movies!

I just watched Our Little Sister and feel so much better for it. It's a truly beautiful film. It's Japanese, so you'll be doing as much reading as watching, but it's well worth the effort. It felt like one of the slice-of-life Ghibli films (one of the more grounded ones, like Our Neighbours The Yamadas, or Only Yesterday) but somehow even more visually appealing. It's about three twentysomething sisters who adopt their teenage half-sister.

There's no major turmoil, no major obstacle to overcome, no dramatic revelations or clearly-outlined journey coming to fruition throughout the two-hour run time. It's more a patchwork of understated scenes - some follow on directly from the last, some are set weeks or even months apart - that form a year in the life of four women, telling their story using snapshots of every-day mundanities - work life, home life, romantic relationships, eating, drinking, funerals (there's a funeral towards the end that I knew was coming but just about fucking wrecked me), school life, family squabbles, and so on. But it's all so warmly shot and well-acted that it's impossible not to be endeared and spiritually-enriched by it all.

Watched "the last king' the other day. It got me in the sword flailing mood again. I am about to start binge watching GoT thru season 6. I quit half way thru season 2 when it was on broadcast so I'll just start fresh. Got tired of waiting.
Also saw '13 reasons' last week. Not bad but nothing outstanding. Lots of childhood angst and idealism. I cant believe its going to take them so long to do the next batch.. supposedly late 2018.

Those extra-long hiatuses are unfortunately becoming the norm, at least for shows with just ten or a dozen episodes per series, which seems to be most of the non-broadcast network shows. Except for the shows I really like, I often find that I've lost interest by the time the shows return. The ability to binge-watch makes it even worse.

Recently watched:
  • Bordertown (Netflix, Finnish police procedural, great cinematography)
  • Lava Field (Netflix, Icelandic police procedural. Only four episodes)
I find it amazing that Iceland, with a total population of 330,000, maintains such an outsized world presence in the arts. It's seems like every adult Icelander must have two or three completely distinct careers.

Just finished a binge weekend with the 2nd season of Masters of None, seriously a masterpiece. Then Glow, which I dug, very OITNBish with a nostalgic 80's vibe. I also enjoyed the documentary on it afterwards, it brought back some great memories of my youth.