AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner's questions- please help a girl out!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I hate to ask a silly question but I went to upload my first photo on MFC, which I assume would be the profile photo/avatar that you see before clicking on a show and couldn't figure it out.

I've come to the page that says:
  • Do not upload any pictures of children
  • Do not upload any adult material or pictures with nudity
  • Do not upload any pictures from other webcam sites
    (even if they are of you)

Uploading nude or adult pictures will get your upload access removed.

For legal reasons we cannot host images of you without your clothes on.

How do models get a topless photo or full buttocks photos uploaded without issue? Do I just ignore the warning and upload that anyway? The photo I want to upload I am completely clothed but I don't want to risk uploading anything too risky if it's going to get my privileges revoked.

Thanks!
That's what a member sees when they're trying to upload images. Once you're approved as a model, you'll have different text on that page.

I don’t know if I should ask here, but I need help with advertising my cam. I’m doing alright on Twitter, instagram sucks, also tumblr, so I’m running out of ideas on where to post so I can get some traffic to my cam. Any ideas? I can’t post here yet and once more I’m sorry for asking in the wrong place. This winter is going tough for me.

I don’t know if I should ask here, but I need help with advertising my cam. I’m doing alright on Twitter, instagram sucks, also tumblr, so I’m running out of ideas on where to post so I can get some traffic to my cam. Any ideas? I can’t post here yet and once more I’m sorry for asking in the wrong place. This winter is going tough for me.
twitter is one of the best options to make connections with people within the industry who will retweet and engage with your content and in turn your cam links, what i would try to do is make connections with industry "leaders" and top models and show them who you are. that will get you people that are interested in you and that will get you in turn fans (in theory) you can also use good promo accounts to at least get you viewed by more fans. but honestly there are a few paths to making your cam career into a successful one, you can try and get a ton of customers/fans and earn income for the short term, or you can look at the bigger picture and into long term success. the long term success is finding a spot within the bigger names in the biz and letting that lead you into other bigger opportunities and bigger long term gains. don't know if that helps but i thought id give you more than one view of what it means to kick ass as a cam business/studio/producer or just be a great cam model :) the traffic will come in either way you just have to connect to other models for support ;)

Awesome thread with so much support and so many useful discussion point. I am waiting to have been active enough to gain verified model status. For now just reading, reading, reading. Been camming on and off for about two months. Doing okay, trying to figure out what is working for me etc.

Anyway, I have two questions if anyone can help....

1) Is it worth using software to boost traffic to your room. I notice that some models have only been broadcasting for very short periods fo time and have a few thousand viewers, often a lot of these are anonymous. Are models using a traffic diverter, like Divatraffic? Does anyone have any opinion on using this type of software? At first I thought why bother if anonymous can't tip, but then I realised more users int he room, means the room showing higher up the pages. Thoughts?

2) I just heard on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/prince...th-princesssnowangel-episode-1-w-sammy-brooks that models MUST be plugged in directly to the router to get on the top page, I have just ordered an ethernet cable, juts thought I'd see if anyone can verify this.

Hopefully you wise ones will know more

Jess xx

Reactions: PrincessSnowAngel
nkaht
Awesome thread with so much support and so many useful discussion point. I am waiting to have been active enough to gain verified model status. For now just reading, reading, reading. Been camming on and off for about two months. Doing okay, trying to figure out what is working for me etc.

Anyway, I have two questions if anyone can help....

1) Is it worth using software to boost traffic to your room. I notice that some models have only been broadcasting for very short periods fo time and have a few thousand viewers, often a lot of these are anonymous. Are models using a traffic diverter, like Divatraffic? Does anyone have any opinion on using this type of software? At first I thought why bother if anonymous can't tip, but then I realised more users int he room, means the room showing higher up the pages. Thoughts?

2) I just heard on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/prince...th-princesssnowangel-episode-1-w-sammy-brooks that models MUST be plugged in directly to the router to get on the top page, I have just ordered an ethernet cable, juts thought I'd see if anyone can verify this.

Hopefully you wise ones will know more

Jess xx
hey! thanks for listening to my show! its been on hiatus while i build up a few areas in my career but that's awesome of you to tune in :) and i need to clear that up for you, i think that was the Sammy brooks episode, and no that's not necessarily true. being directly wired in does help to keep your stream from being unstable yes, but if you have a good service provider, great router, and strong wifi signal you should be fine especially your close to your router. if those aren't great than you will have issues keeping a consistent stream AND COULD effect placement :) hope that helps answer your question!

Oh, heyyyyy Princess Snowangel, replying directly and so swiftly is way cool of you. Thank you. Yeh, I just listened to the first ep' of your show and will def be listening to the others i sude time. Thank you for clearing that up, all of a sudden, I was like, what? I'm supposed to be plugged in directly? Lol. Yeh my wifi etc is pretty good but gonna give the ethernet cable a try just for kicks. Thanks again, you rock xxx

Reactions: PrincessSnowAngel
Ah, bless you, you didn't sound nervous, I thought you steered the ship very well indeed. I will be sure to let you know when I've listened to your other shows. Brilliant resource for me :)

Oh, heyyyyy Princess Snowangel, replying directly and so swiftly is way cool of you. Thank you. Yeh, I just listened to the first ep' of your show and will def be listening to the others i sude time. Thank you for clearing that up, all of a sudden, I was like, what? I'm supposed to be plugged in directly? Lol. Yeh my wifi etc is pretty good but gonna give the ethernet cable a try just for kicks. Thanks again, you rock xxx
if you need anything don't hesitate to hit me up on twitter @princesssnow757 :)

Hi all, feels good to have a place to come and vent about this.
I've been camming for about a week and a half now and my cam score (MFC) is almost in the 400's it's so bad.
I have great lighting, a good connection, and a Logitech c920 webcam I'm using. I researched a lot about everything before I started and I have a lot of fun and enjoy my time on cam. I have, what I feel, are realistic goals and prices for my tip menu. I have a few regulars who normally tip just because they say they enjoy my room, but nobody is tipping for literally anything else. A couple wheel spins here & there but I have yet to even get naked... What am I doing wrong? I advertise on Twitter, Instagram, and my Snapchat when I'm coming online and I stay on for 3 hours every night. I keep hearing "consistency is key" but it's hard to keep up faith when I see girls freaking out when their score drops below 1000.
I'm still waiting on verification here but I plan to read read read once that happens. Sorry for such a long rambling post!

Hi all, feels good to have a place to come and vent about this.
I've been camming for about a week and a half now and my cam score (MFC) is almost in the 400's it's so bad.
I have great lighting, a good connection, and a Logitech c920 webcam I'm using. I researched a lot about everything before I started and I have a lot of fun and enjoy my time on cam. I have, what I feel, are realistic goals and prices for my tip menu. I have a few regulars who normally tip just because they say they enjoy my room, but nobody is tipping for literally anything else. A couple wheel spins here & there but I have yet to even get naked... What am I doing wrong? I advertise on Twitter, Instagram, and my Snapchat when I'm coming online and I stay on for 3 hours every night. I keep hearing "consistency is key" but it's hard to keep up faith when I see girls freaking out when their score drops below 1000.
I'm still waiting on verification here but I plan to read read read once that happens. Sorry for such a long rambling post!
You're definitely not the only one. It's something I'm struggling with too. Just gotta keep pushing on and not let yourself get too discouraged.

Im not sure I should be posting as Im relatively new myself. I started on MFC about 2 months ago, and I will forever remember how BALLSY I felt the first log in haha. After figuring out how to mute guest, charge for PMs etc I truly feel its how you hustle that determines your success. The good thing is the hustle CAN be totally learned. Some things that have really helped me out have been letting them know ahead of time when I plan to be on. Trying to make each person feel special. I will occasionally write tiny notes about things they said so that the next time they are on, I will make sure they know I remembered them etc. Some sales tactics also seem to work well for me...using their name etc, just in general making them want to be around me and see more. I started out doing cumshows in free chat, and am slowly transitioning to only doing over the panty shows in group. Encouraging them to go to private to see more or buy my vids. Stick with it, and don't give up. Its only a mistake if you didn't learn something ;) Not sure if this will help anyone, but hopefully its not just a bunch of jumbled nonsense haha.

Hello Everyone! I'm a model on mfc. I'm very new to the cam world and still learning. I have added card games and a spin wheel. I have a good amount of toys and I'm pretty clear on what I will and will not do in public.

I have questions and would appreciate any advice on building a room? How to become more popular and keep gaining fans. I have been camming pretty regularly because this is my sole source of income however I see my rooms declining the more my new model status gets old and my cam score goes down.

I would like to save myself before my cam score completely tanks. How do I keep guys interested enough to tip without giving too much to the free loaders with an average of 15 to 20 people in my room? I'm getting frustrated but I know patience is key. I'd just like to continue improving and work smarter towards my goals.

Thanks in advance to anyone with advice!

• Hugs
Reactions: AnaArwen
Hello Everyone! I'm a model on mfc. I'm very new to the cam world and still learning. I have added card games and a spin wheel. I have a good amount of toys and I'm pretty clear on what I will and will not do in public.

I have questions and would appreciate any advice on building a room? How to become more popular and keep gaining fans. I have been camming pretty regularly because this is my sole source of income however I see my rooms declining the more my new model status gets old and my cam score goes down.

I would like to save myself before my cam score completely tanks. How do I keep guys interested enough to tip without giving too much to the free loaders with an average of 15 to 20 people in my room? I'm getting frustrated but I know patience is key. I'd just like to continue improving and work smarter towards my goals.

Thanks in advance to anyone with advice!

My advice is just to keep at it. Keep logging hours, and keep your head up. It's very tough at the beginning, I am a fairly new model as well and I have a few wonderful regulars at this point. It's all about being in the right place at the right time for the RIGHT people to find you as far as I can tell. I see that you have a twitter, just make sure you are advertising when you will be online, providing links, etc. and make sure to read this forum thoroughly. Most importantly though? Just keep at it! Sorry if my ramblings didn't help, I just wanted to give you some hope!

My advice is just to keep at it. Keep logging hours, and keep your head up. It's very tough at the beginning, I am a fairly new model as well and I have a few wonderful regulars at this point. It's all about being in the right place at the right time for the RIGHT people to find you as far as I can tell. I see that you have a twitter, just make sure you are advertising when you will be online, providing links, etc. and make sure to read this forum thoroughly. Most importantly though? Just keep at it! Sorry if my ramblings didn't help, I just wanted to give you some hope!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I did see that turning off my PMs would save me a few grey hairs with the free loaders so I did do that. I have been adding the few good people I've met to my friends list so I'm going to reserve my energy for the people actually worth my time.

I think that has been adding to my frustration as well. But this forum and any encouraging words are so amazing and I'm happy to have the option to come here for help!

This thread is so helpful. I think I have everything ready to go when my new webcam arrives but still have so much to learn. It's so exciting though starting a whole new business and am really going to hustle to get it up and going and hopefully making some pocket money.

I already read some of the threads about Amazon wish lists so I know they can get your name and city if they place an order. I also know that it's safer to order items that are directly from Amazon instead of third party sellers as they are less likely to include your info on an invoice...

If I live in a very large city (over 3 mil population) do you think it would be ok for me to do an Amazon wish list? It's literally one of the biggest cities in the U.S so I should have more leeway???

I am not a model, but if you ever do start to do Skype shows get paid in tokens to prevent getting scammed by users reporting your PayPal account as an adult business in order to get a refund after the show.
Best advice . Seriously xox i do this now after learning the hard way ;)

Where do I view how many minutes/hours I've logged in for each day (not total). I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.

Where do I view how many minutes/hours I've logged in for each day (not total). I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.
Use this page and change the dropdown box info at the top and hit CHANGE. It will show you one day at a time.

Girls with glasses! How do you deal with the awful glare from the computer screen and/or lighting? Any tips or do you just roll with it.

Girls with glasses! How do you deal with the awful glare from the computer screen and/or lighting? Any tips or do you just roll with it.

If I'm looking at the right angle, the glare doesn't happen. My umbrella lights also seem to diffuse light enough that it's not just bouncing right off my lenses.

Girl with glasses here, watching your angles are definitely your best bet at preventing glare. Most of my glare comes from my laptop screen so I dim the brightness just enough so that it's not too dark for me to read but not bright enough to glare.

• Helpful!
Reactions: lilmonstar29
Disclaimer: I understand that I'm not a model. I'm here to provide some relevant insight from a member's perspective.

First and foremost; Welcome to the ACF! It's nice to see new members joining our community.

As others have already suggested; it's a good idea to verify that you're a model here to acquire the official model status. I believe you need to provide a picture of yourself with a written note which states the name of the forum (AmberCutie Forums, or AmberCutie should be fine) in order to verify your identity. By gaining access to the model's only boards, you can learn a lot of the do's and don't of the camming industry. Our objective as a forum is to help models prosper. I personally wish you to have an enjoyable time on MFC - it's a very unique experience.

In regards to your questions about initiating shows (Groups, Privates, Skype);

It's the member's responsibility to send a request to enter a private/group show. It's customary for some nudity to occur during the duration of the show (on your part), but it's not mandatory. It's in the rules for you to inform the member within the first minute if you're going to do a non-nude show though, as private shows are quite expensive at 60tokens/minute (which costs between $5-6 for the member, per minute).

To establish some clear boundaries, you should consider making a good profile first. Good profiles shouldn't be like a questionnaire - it should be a way for members to get to know about you. It should include a set of rules and boundaries, a FAQ section which answers the commonly asked questions (which eventually becomes an annoyance, e.g. 'do u do skype an paypal bb?', 'r ur boobs real bb?', etc.), and a section for learning more about you. It may also act as a place for advertising miscellaneous sales, like videos/pic sets, and panties for example.

A general rule of thumb on determining whether a profile is 'good' would be to imagine if you stumbled across a profile that looked exactly like your own, that you'd find it enlightening and captivating. After all, it could be the difference between establishing a group of 'regulars' (loyal members who enjoy your company, therefore comes to your room frequently) or not.

Also, it's a good idea to discuss in private chat about the expectations - you don't want to initiate a private to be pressured into adhering to an absurd request (MFC manages to attract an abundance of strange people), and it's a good idea to have a token minimum for private chats (it's typically 300-400, but for a newer model like yourself, it may have to be slightly lower). Remember; It's not just a job, you're supposed to have fun too. Don't throw away your dignity for extra tokens - make sure you're comfortable with the requests before accepting them. It'll save you the regret later.

Do note that MFC does not endorse the use of Skype. It's disadvantageous for many reasons, so it's best to stick with private/group shows only. If you're reported to do adult-orientated transactions using Paypal (the reason why 'Skype and Paypal' is so frequently requested), the company would freeze your account and return the funds to the consumer. It's essentially giving away a free show. On the flipside, Skype shows could act as a nice raffle prize (the use of games is pretty common here on MFC) as it's more intimate than a private show, and the video feed provides greater clarity + is less likely to freeze up.

On the topic of cameras; It's suggested for models to invest in a good camera with strategic lighting. If you've got established a fan base, then you want to make sure that your members are enjoying the visual experience. The suggested cameras for purchase; Logitech 9000, or the Logitech C910. The importance of investing in a good camera and a few lamps is very high for anyone who wants to take camming seriously; the difference between the feed is phenomenal. The differences could be in pixellation, colour distortion, motion blur, speed of auto-focus, etc. It's a basic principle that members are more willing to join a room with a better quality feed.

Other semi-relevant stuff;

As mentioned above; don't forget the lamps! You want to be clearly visible; an adequately lit room is a more positive atmosphere than a dimly lit one. Do make sure that the lighting doesn't obscure the visual quality though - light saturation could lower the quality of the feed. Your walls and surfaces should non-light absorbent - for example, the use of dark curtains could sometimes counteract the effect of the lamps.

Don't forget a watermark! On the internet, it's not uncommon for your shows to be recorded and uploaded onto a tube site. It's unavoidable, so your objective should be to turn that to your advantage. There's a program called 'ManyCam' that could place a watermark on your feed, which acts as free advertising for yourself. Jessi's post here is a fine example of what to do; viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1140&start=210#p127064. One thing you can't do is to claim copyrights on it, as you've agreed in your contract that all feeds, pictures, etc. of yourself are copyrighted by MyFreeCams.

Personality... there's so much to talk about here. Like most men, members think with their penis first, so it's important that you're visually appealing - that gets them through the door. Once that's achieved, you want to keep them in (and returning for more) with a highly desirable personality; it's the ultimate driving force of member retention.

Firstly, be positive! Having an upbeat, positive attitude, being open to new ideas, being appreciative of humour, etc. are all factored into one's personality. Members feel more relaxed and comfortable when you're positive as a model, so they're more likely to want to spend money on you. They come on MFC to immerse themselves into a fantasy, to socialize with models/members, and to escape reality. Being a Debbie-Downer is counterproductive (thus against self-interest) because it drives members away; they get enough shit in real life without an additional reminder.

Be yourself, not a duplicate of someone else. Why would a member tip an imitation of someone else? They want something that only you could offer, since that's what they're buying. They're spending money on you. Also, when I say 'be yourself', I actually mean 'be your best self' - it honestly helps you to stay motivated for camming. You want to be unique, desirable, and humourous - but you don't want to come across as an oddball. It may be wise to observe other model's successes/failures by creating a premium account and taking notes. Here's some examples of successful models with highly likable personalities; AmberCutie, JessiD, D0mino, MadisonLeigh, EvaLee, JoleneJolene, etc. (I apologize if I forget some of you, I'm recalling them off the top of my head). Additionally, the other benefits of creating a member account include; bringing about a new perspective, and an insight into the dynamics of MFC as a whole. You could earn yourself a regular from helping a newbie, too!

Be vocal; The use of text cannot convey the same level of intimacy and emotion as speech. Heck, some people would stay in your room just to hear your voice. The use of text should be reserved for private messages and topics.

Don't let yourself get dragged down; To be a successful model, you have to be strong. It's almost inevitable that you're going to encounter many of asswipes on MFC - it's just a place that attracts the worst people of the internet to join. The ages-old ideology regarding misogynistic views still surrounds the adult industry, unfortunately. You will encounter some bad experiences on the site, but there's good experiences to be had too. In the highly competitive world of MFC, it's sink or swim, so be the model who swims! If there's an obvious troll, you can choose to either ban him or to troll him back. To do neither is against your self-interest, as it hurts your room - trolls can elicit drama and damage morale very quickly, which drives away your customers. It's suggested for you to ban them asap, as the alternative requires neglecting your room (which isn't beneficial to you).

Games; If you're struggling to bring something new to the table, then the utilization of games could help entertain your customers. Or, at least, it could provide some entertainment for yourself. A comprehensive post by a fellow member here should have all the advice you would need on this; viewtopic.php?p=86360#p90477.

I think I've covered most aspects of MFC. There's always more, which you could more specifically ask assistance for. I hope this post doesn't bore you, I apologize for its length.

Good luck with your endeavors,
~ hornygods.
This has been the most helpful post i have read in my research!
Thank you so much !