AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I lower prices to save my cam score?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually today is going much better. I did have a private and an offline tip which helped a lot. I made a grand total of $51 so far... but I can see how this would get better if I landed a few whales and regulars. From watching other models I've noticed it's always the SAME people who tip.

The private accounts for most of the tokens; I can see how getting a lot of privates can really add up. I'm scared when that "new" tag goes away but I see that you don't even need a ton of people in your room to make some money.

The first day was the worst; I literally made $1. lol

Camming is one of those things that looks like it would be easy when you see other people doing it and raking in the tips but it's a lot more harder when you actually do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I did have a private and an offline tip which helped a lot. I made a grand total of $51 so far... but I can see how this would get better if I landed a few whales and regulars. From watching other models I've noticed it's always the SAME people who tip.

I can see how getting a lot of privates can really add up.

The first day was the worst; I literally made $1. lol

Camming is one of those things that looks like it would be easy when you see other people doing it and raking in the tips but it's a lot more harder when you actually do it.

This is true. Sometimes it really is just waiting for that one person to come along and turn your night around. Last night, I was ready to log off after being on MFC for 2 hours, and only making 60 tokens ($3 in my pocket). Two hours on there feels like an eternity when there's hardly any conversation or tips. And then a new guy came in, and took me on a 37-minute private. I think that's the longest private I've ever had on there. It sounds like he's gonna become a regular. I need some cool SPENDING regulars on this site. I have too many "Hey! You're back!" people that are happy to see me back on the site, but they don't tip. That shit is frustrating as hell (If only COMPLIMENTS could pay my bills...).

This is true. Sometimes it really is just waiting for that one person to come along and turn your night around. Last night, I was ready to log off after being on MFC for 2 hours, and only making 60 tokens ($3 in my pocket). Two hours on there feels like an eternity when there's hardly any conversation or tips. And then a new guy came in, and took me on a 37-minute private. I think that's the longest private I've ever had on there. It sounds like he's gonna become a regular. I need some cool SPENDING regulars on this site. I have too many "Hey! You're back!" people that are happy to see me back on the site, but they don't tip. That shit is frustrating as hell (If only COMPLIMENTS could pay my bills...).

Yea, I read that it's a matter of staying logged in and trying to make it work even if you're not getting tokens because you will still be more exposed to potential new regulars/customers.

$51 wasn't so great tho now that I look at how long I was logged in total which was almost nine hours... So I made like $5 an hour which is a third of minimum wage here. Cam score is still in the 600s but I read that the lower your score is the easier it should be to bring it up.

I've noticed that it's really 99% that are freeloaders; they just watch and never say anything nor do they ever tip. Even with the popular girls getting thousands in their room.... I see them mostly getting huge tips from ninjas but I've seen periods where they are dancing (someone in the top 10) and no one tipped for a long ass time... It can be weird to stay on when no one is talking or tipping but I see that is kind of common even with popular models....

I read that the lower your score is the easier it should be to bring it up.
Not really. Camscore is just your average $/hr over a certain period of time. Unless you start making more $/hr that thing is not going up. Once you're under 1000, people scrolling down to find the new gals are less likely to happen upon you. Not saying you can't make it work. I got mine from under 1k to 2200 at its highest. But, it definitely gets harder the lower you go. Staying on is good in theory, but it might be a good idea to have a TPH goal and make a run for it if you put in a few hours not hitting it. Do you have videos or sell things? The lower your camscore, the less members you're going to get. Having more things for each person to tip for will help. A whale would help, but in my experience, most whales aren't scrolling down the page as much as we'd hope.

I am not responding to members or here to answer your question. I’m posting in Ask A Model. If you’re not a model don’t respond.

You realise this part of the forum is, generally, for members to interact with models?

Probably the only people who can tell you if your prices are too high or too low are members. Perhaps they already are telling you with your cam score? Models can only comment relating to their experience of themself, which is very personal to them and has no relevance to you except in the most generic way.

Kickaz can have a target of many thousands of tokens for the merest glimpse of the outline of a nipple, that's fine, market forces, it doesnt apply to you when the next Romanian girl next to you in the list is on 20 tokens for any flash. Think about it, you need to create some worth and demand before demanding you are worth it.

Sorry to be harsh but your attitude .....

You realise this part of the forum is, generally, for members to interact with models?
Agree with your whole post, but did want to point out that this IS "Ask-a-Model" and while member replies are totally allowed and can be helpful, may sound like it's inclusive to only models. It's reasonable to ignore posts from members if they aren't looking for member input, but making comments about how they'll be ignored isn't the best business sense unless the model is going for a bratty/domme/rude persona.

Probably the only people who can tell you if your prices are too high or too low are members. Perhaps they already are telling you with your cam score? Models can only comment relating to their experience of themself, which is very personal to them and has no relevance to you except in the most generic way.

Kickaz can have a target of many thousands of tokens for the merest glimpse of the outline of a nipple, that's fine, market forces, it doesnt apply to you when the next Romanian girl next to you in the list is on 20 tokens for any flash. Think about it, you need to create some worth and demand before demanding you are worth it.

Sorry to be harsh but your attitude .....

I'm going to disagree about only members being able to tell someone if their prices are too high.

Literally everyday I work members tell me my prices are WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too high. But they aren't. I make the most at my current rates. Members absolutely don't have the information required to assist with pricing. Because what's too high for one member won't be for another. Plus members will consistently tell us our prices are too high because THEY want us to lower them. Because they want a deal etc.

Some members will give honest unbiased opinions sure BUT this is advice better received from other models who have the "Insider info"

I don't think any of us, members or models, can tell her that her prices are too high. Anyone working in a service industry job needs to price themselves somewhere on the sphere of what they think they are worth vs what they can get at their current position. It made me laugh a bit to see someone mention Kickaz as an example and then tut someone for having a bad attitude though. :giggle: If ol' girl proves anything, it's that you can have a horrible attitude with models and members and still find success on MFC.

Dont want an argument but when Ford try to decide if the price is right for their new model they dont ask GM, Rolls Royce or Hyundai, they try to find out the opinion of the people who might, possibly, buy it. Peace, going to bed.

Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
Dont want an argument but when Ford try to decide if the price is right for their new model they dont ask GM, Rolls Royce or Hyundai, they try to find out the opinion of the people who might, possibly, buy it. Peace, going to bed.

Just stating you don't want an argument doesn't negate the fact that you're still making false assertions that need to be corrected. No, Ford doesn't directly ask other car manufacturers what their pricing should be--because that information is already out in the open and you can be certain they are using the prices of similar models as a starting point in figuring out their own pricing. If you've got a truck that's nearly identical to another, and one's selling for 5k more than the other, then most people are going to go for the cheaper truck. So clearly, if they want to be competitively priced they have to pay attention to what the market standards are. This works in the other direction as well. If you don't price a luxury car at luxury prices you run the risk of not being perceived as a luxury car--either way, awareness of your market, and knowing what is expected as each price point, is key.

That said, this truck example doesn't transfer directly to cammodels because quantifying models in terms of "features" like we do cars isn't near as straight forward (for example, some blonde bombshell models great, others with may not do as well, it just depends, even if they look the same on paper).

That said, this truck example doesn't transfer directly to cammodels because quantifying models in terms of "features" like we do cars isn't near as straight forward (for example, some blonde bombshell models great, others with may not do as well, it just depends, even if they look the same on paper).

If this is true, then how can one try and ballpark prices between models (even initially) when one doesn't want to be seen? Yes, it's subjective to each person and their likes, and a rough baseline can be given. But, if all one is looking at is words while being able to see a different model's looks and potentially preview photos &/or videos it isn't a direct comparison either. It's like guessing if the unknown is top model potential, or one that will hover around the 500 CS mark before getting frustrated and quit.

@JickyJuly I mentioned kickaz solely for the fact that she is a highly successful non-nude model in her room. All of the times I've been in her room, she's been very personable to me both in room and a few times in PM as well. Which, I'm very apt to tip for. I've never interacted with her outside of her room, so I don't know what her off-screen personality may be like. That being said, due to some of the shit she's pulled, I have no intentions of entering her room nor tipping again. I agreed with @JerryBoBerry because I view the personality of the OP in similar fashion to kickaz. Sure, looks goes well with tipping. But, for me to want to tip, let alone even think of being a regular, personality has to match the external beauty. OP has shown to me that she isn't worth my time (and possibly vice-versa).

If this is true, then how can one try and ballpark prices between models (even initially) when one doesn't want to be seen? Yes, it's subjective to each person and their likes, and a rough baseline can be given. But, if all one is looking at is words while being able to see a different model's looks and potentially preview photos &/or videos it isn't a direct comparison either. It's like guessing if the unknown is top model potential, or one that will hover around the 500 CS mark before getting frustrated and quit

In this instance we can't tell her if her rates are too high either. Other than to guess that if she's only making 50 bucks with new model status SOMETHING is wrong. Maybe it's her feed, tech, her energy, her look, her attitude? Who knows which of those it is.

But under normal circumstances if we could see I think other models would give the best advice.

But she ultimately is gonna have to figure it out herself.

In this instance we can't tell her if her rates are too high either. Other than to guess that if she's only making 50 bucks with new model status SOMETHING is wrong. Maybe it's her feed, tech, her energy, her look, her attitude? Who knows which of those it is.

But under normal circumstances if we could see I think other models would give the best advice.

Agreed, there's a multitude of potential issues, of which she's the only one at this time who will have to figure it out since she refuses to provide her profile as well as interact with lowly members here.

As to models vs members, I think both have very valid input on what may be good tip rates. This is providing it's honest, of course. Models definitely from the work, effort, etc to do something. Members from the viewpoint of what they're willing to pay. Kind of like the car analogy above. What the average going rate of similar vehicles, and what is the potential buyer will to pay taking into account biases, preferences, likes, etc.

If this is true, then how can one try and ballpark prices between models (even initially) when one doesn't want to be seen? Yes, it's subjective to each person and their likes, and a rough baseline can be given. But, if all one is looking at is words while being able to see a different model's looks and potentially preview photos &/or videos it isn't a direct comparison either. It's like guessing if the unknown is top model potential, or one that will hover around the 500 CS mark before getting frustrated and quit.

I believe you may have misinterpreted my statement about "looking the same on paper." I didn't mean to imply that physical descriptors on paper bear no meaning on how a model actually looks, but that a model who may legitimately look the same as another may not be as successful as another for a variety of reasons. So no, not being able to see the model doesn't do much to help or hinder the situation as it is now because there are so many more factors than just pure looks when it comes to being successful with camming.

I believe you may have misinterpreted my statement about "looking the same on paper." I didn't mean to imply that physical descriptors on paper bear no meaning on how a model actually looks, but that a model who may legitimately look the same as another may not be as successful as another for a variety of reasons. So no, not being able to see the model doesn't do much to help or hinder the situation as it is now because there are so many more factors than just pure looks when it comes to being successful with camming.

Nope, not misinterpreted. It is far more than just looks, which is why I made the distinct comparison between a "text only" model such as the OP. Versus other models here whom have their profiles linked to sites where one can see their photos, cam shows, or videos to get a much more rounded view of the model. It is also why I made the comment to Jicky about how shitty personalities and bad behaviour will make me not tip a model.

Thus just a few of the reasons why some models do exceptionally well in a couple of hours, while others struggle to get a few tokens in an 8 or more hour shift.

Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
Agreed, there's a multitude of potential issues, of which she's the only one at this time who will have to figure it out since she refuses to provide her profile as well as interact with lowly members.

As to models vs members, I think both have very valid input on what may be good tip rates. This is providing it's honest, of course. Models definitely from the work, effort, etc to do something. Members from the viewpoint of what they're willing to pay. Kind of like the car analogy above. What the average going rate of similar vehicles, and what is the potential buyer will to pay taking into account biases, preferences, likes, etc.

My biggest issue with members is that I only get feedback from members saying my rates are too high. Even from people who end up paying those rates after trying to convince me to lower them.

Or I get no feedback. Say from like regs. No one ever says "you're underselling yourself"

But other models have told me I was underselling and my business sky rocketed when I raised everything.

Even if they really like a model *most* members won't give a completely unbiased opinion. Some people are great of course but most won't.

As well members are apt to look at it from a "what they like" view. I'm a very curvy and natural looking model and people who aren't into curvy models or are into a more alt look may not have the best advice for me. But other successful curvy/natural models will be much better assistance to me. On the flip side even a completely honest member that's really into my look might look at me and say "8 dollars a minute is way less than what I'm willing to pay for you" but my experience shows 9 bucks a minute didn't work for me. (I know everything isn't about looks and personality is BIG but that's just the example I chose to go with)

@ForceTen Yeah. I totally get why Kick would be mentioned. Moffle mentioned her too, and I don't disagree that this particular girl's attitude isn't going to be a seller on MFC. The pairing of Kickaz and not having a bad attitude just gave me a snicker. :wasntme:

My biggest issue with members is that I only get feedback from members saying my rates are too high. Even from people who end up paying those rates after trying to convince me to lower them.

Or I get no feedback. Say from like regs. No one ever says "you're underselling yourself"

But other models have told me I was underselling and my business sky rocketed when I raised everything.

Even if they really like a model *most* members won't give a completely unbiased opinion. Some people are great of course but most won't.

As well members are apt to look at it from a "what they like" view. I'm a very curvy and natural looking model and people who aren't into curvy models or are into a more alt look may not have the best advice for me. But other successful curvy/natural models will be much better assistance to me. On the flip side even a completely honest member that's really into my look might look at me and say "8 dollars a minute is way less than what I'm willing to pay for you" but my experience shows 9 bucks a minute didn't work for me. (I know everything isn't about looks and personality is BIG but that's just the example I chose to go with)

I do understand where you're coming from, and each member can have differing views. But, so can models. Each person has many different factors for what they may see as a pricepoint they're willing to hit also. Not just how they view a particular model and what they like. But, there's also things such as economics, budgets, etc. such as when @Guy commented on he's only willing to spend up to a certain amount on custom videos because he's very budget oriented. So, there's really a lot of things we all don't know as to what drives a person to place a value on what they think their work is work vs what someone is willing to pay.

For myself, I typically look at a model's tip menu to see what they ask for certain things. If here's something on there that I may like, such as a spank, I'll generally tip for only that menu item. Many times, if it's done well, I'll tip the amount again with a note along the lines of "That was so good, it's worth twice the asking price!" or whatever I want to say in terms of multiples. Otherwise, I tip openly and freely based on how I feel at the moment. It might be twenty for a silly comment, or a nice smile (sometimes I tip the "flash" rate for her to flash as smile). Or, might be 1K just because I want to. It can vary greatly, with nothing set in stone other than the more I enjoy the more I'm willing to tip.

I've commented to a few models that I think some things might be a little to low with a supporting reason. But, generally I look at it as if they've set a price, that's their asking price based upon their self worth. Or, like you said, it's what they've found their members willing to pay.

Nope, not misinterpreted. It is far more than just looks, which is why I made the distinct comparison between a "text only" model such as the OP. Versus other models here whom have their profiles linked to sites where one can see their photos, cam shows, or videos to get a much more rounded view of the model. It is also why I made the comment to Jicky about how shitty personalities and bad behaviour will make me not tip a model.

Thus just a few of the reasons why some models do exceptionally well in a couple of hours, while others struggle to get a few tokens in an 8 or more hour shift.
Well, on that note I can agree: it is near impossible to give advice on how a model could potentially increase her earnings without actually seeing what content she provides (clips, live shows, whatever she's selling).

I still disagree with Moffle's car analogy and the "logical" progression that models wouldn't be equipped to give other models advice on pricing and that that's strictly something a member is qualified to answer.

@ForceTen Yeah. I totally get why Kick would be mentioned. Moffle mentioned her too, and I don't disagree that this particular girl's attitude isn't going to be a seller on MFC. The pairing of Kickaz and not having a bad attitude just gave me a snicker. :wasntme:

Yeah, I remember some of the discussions and history that came up around the time she said she was going to "retire". On cam, she really does have a lot of energy and a personality to match. In a way though, I kind of liken her to the bitchy, high-maintenance, rich bitch cheerleader.

But, could be totally wrong. Like most people, we typically only see that which they want to present.

I haven't read much of the replies here because my drama senses are tingling, but if you are worried about money AND preserving your camscore open up an alternate stream of income. Many members want a bargain/something for free. Don't devalue yourself. It's a hell of a lot harder to to raise your prices than it is to lower them. Read through the forum, there's tons of info on the public section and it's pretty well established that lower prices = more aggravating clientele. Camming is like fishing -- you can cast all the right bait and still have a bad day, or you can get lucky on stale bread. Diversify.

This should really be common sense at this point but whatever. Them's the facts. I'm a bitch. Use the resources at hand and figure it out.

Last edited:
This should really be common sense at this point but whatever. Them's the facts. I'm a bitch. Use the resources at hand and figure it out.

I posted this on my first day of working. I have already figured a lot out and don't really need any more input in this thread as I've tried some things which are working better for me.

If I had the ability to delete this thread I would.

You are being unreasonable harsh and judgmental. There is nothing wrong with making $50 in a day as a beginner.... at all. Perhaps it was different when you started but nowadays when I look in the New Models section many don't have enough people in their room to be making a ton of money. There is nothing wrong with my feed, tech, look or attitude. I have PRO equipment. I read Kickaz blog and even she said she made $4 the first day. You can't expect someone to make huge amounts of money right off the bat unless they look like KissofACobra. It takes time to build a following and regulars. I have read posts of models on here about their first day and many have said they barely made any money at first so don't make it to be a bigger deal than it is. Btw; I did better today and with time it will only go up.

You are being unreasonable harsh and judgmental. There is nothing wrong with making $50 in a day as a beginner.... at all. Perhaps it was different when you started but nowadays when I look in the New Models section many don't have enough people in their room to be making a ton of money. There is nothing wrong with my feed, tech, look or attitude. I have PRO equipment. I read Kickaz blog and even she said she made $4 the first day. You can't expect someone to make huge amounts of money right off the bat unless they look like KissofACobra. It takes time to build a following and regulars. I have read posts of models on here about their first day and many have said they barely made any money at first so don't make it to be a bigger deal than it is. Btw; I did better today and with time it will only go up.
You get a boom your first day because you're new meat. It's not judgemental to say that you might have a technical glitch happening. No one here would know based on your anon status, and it happens to everyone from time to time. What we can tell you, is that making $5 or $6 an hour as a newb is going to land you in the 200ish camscore range, and not to believe anything Kickaz says about her feigned struggles. Pretty sure she spouts that stuff to make it seem reasonable when she says passive aggressive things about girls who aren't in the top 20.

There is no guarantee that you will be successful. Not every model winds up in the top 20, 100, or even 1000. There are good-looking models with good equipment and personalities on every page of MFC, including the last one. Having those things is essentially a prerequisite to be successful, not a golden ticket.

I don’t say that to be discouraging but rather to say that deciding you should be a top model doesn’t mean you are/will be one. Getting defensive when people question why you might not be making much money (as you said in your first post, and as people interpret subjectively from your further posts) is counterproductive. People who have experience in building their camscore are sharing their ideas, none of us know who you are so it’s not personal.

Most importantly: realize models like Kickaz and Olivia are anomalies. Lots of models follow their blueprint and you’ve never heard of them because it’s not a common or easily replicated experience. Again, not to say you can’t, but imagine how many girls since kickaz have tried to go from a sub-1000 camscore to a top model. Consider that their advice is not universally applicable or the only advice worth taking.

I do understand where you're coming from, and each member can have differing views. But, so can models. Each person has many different factors for what they may see as a pricepoint they're willing to hit also. Not just how they view a particular model and what they like. But, there's also things such as economics, budgets, etc. such as when @Guy commented on he's only willing to spend up to a certain amount on custom videos because he's very budget oriented. So, there's really a lot of things we all don't know as to what drives a person to place a value on what they think their work is work vs what someone is willing to pay.

For myself, I typically look at a model's tip menu to see what they ask for certain things. If here's something on there that I may like, such as a spank, I'll generally tip for only that menu item. Many times, if it's done well, I'll tip the amount again with a note along the lines of "That was so good, it's worth twice the asking price!" or whatever I want to say in terms of multiples. Otherwise, I tip openly and freely based on how I feel at the moment. It might be twenty for a silly comment, or a nice smile (sometimes I tip the "flash" rate for her to flash as smile). Or, might be 1K just because I want to. It can vary greatly, with nothing set in stone other than the more I enjoy the more I'm willing to tip.

I've commented to a few models that I think some things might be a little to low with a supporting reason. But, generally I look at it as if they've set a price, that's their asking price based upon their self worth. Or, like you said, it's what they've found their members willing to pay.
I said I put a $20 limit on a ManyVids video. I don't seek custom videos.

I said I put a $20 limit on a ManyVids video. I don't seek custom videos.

Thanks for the correction. For some reason was thinking customs when I typed that out.

Don't focus on other models. Stop paying attention to them. I know you just started out. But use this time to focus on you and your gig. You got the technical down. But don't lower your rates. Use this time to build relationships. It's okay if you didn't do too hot. Also remember, MFC isn't the only camsite.

But it's best to throw a bunch of things to the wall and see what sticks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.