AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How long before you earn your first tip?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018
So far, I've broadcasted roughly 9 hours on Chaturbate and haven't earned any tokens yet. My view count never goes above 5.

Must admit, I'm feeling a little disheartened. Is this usual for most people?

Should I not expect any tips until I've been on for 40 hours or something?

So far, I've broadcasted roughly 9 hours on Chaturbate and haven't earned any tokens yet. My view count never goes above 5.

Must admit, I'm feeling a little disheartened. Is this usual for most people?

Should I not expect any tips until I've been on for 40 hours or something?

Make sure people know there's some service or item to spend on. Don't expect to be tipped for just your presence online. Make sure to sell your goals at all times. This is a sudo retail environment people need to see the tags on the things or they won't know what's being offered or available.

Reactions: Ivy Adams
what's your stream like? is it laggy? are you sitting there looking bored? are you trying to be engaging with the 5 viewers you get? do you have any countdowns going? tags? do you have a niche?

honestly some people don't make jack shit. camming isn't guaranteed money.

I made $30 my first time broadcasting on Chaturbate, and several hundred within my first 30 hours, which was a few months ago. Yes, the market is oversaturated, and there are a lot of factors to success as a new model. But I did a ton of research before starting on how to give the best show and host the best room I possibly could. And even so, that was shit pay for all that I put into it. So in my experience, making nothing is not typical. But if you are really killing yourself and doing everything possible to give a great experience, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it too much either. It's getting tougher and tougher all the time, because there are too many people on competing for the same few coins. Not enough money to go around for everyone.

Stick it out for a while, try whatever you haven't already tried to rake in the dough. There are tons of websites that give tips on good camming on the internet. Some people do say that another site might be better, that they are not one size fits all. So you could also try a competitor. Mostly, you need to do stuff to bring people in the room cuz it sounds like you are lacking the draw in the first place - you should be getting more than 5 people, even when new. So you need a tag line, hash tags, a reason for them to come in. And a unique visual that makes them click, even if then you have trouble getting them to stay because you need to work on your cam presence or whatever. But if you can't even get them in the door, it doesn't matter how good your show/room is.

Take some time to watch other more successful new cam artists, and take notes. But if you are really doing all that you can do, you might have just missed the camming train. There are way more people now than demand to support it, really. Unless you fulfill a niche no one else does, competition is very stiff. You don't make money just for showing up. You need to know how to market yourself, like in any other business.

If you continue to get on cam, even after promoting on Twitter and offering incentives on your stream, and make 0 tokens. Move on. Not everyone is meant to make a living off of this.

There are a ton of variables. It depends on the time of day, what I'm wearing, what I'm doing etc. Sometimes I can get a tip in under 10 minutes. Other times, it can take up to an hour. My first week of camming I made probably $30. Second week, I made around $170. Keep going at it and try different things (different content, games, broadcasting times). Like someone said above, you need a niche. I wouldn't try to be like the other top models you see because the top models are what they are simply because they found their groove and they're some of the best doing it. So find your groove whether it's fetish content, anime/cosplay, or just being an overall dork (my groove lol) and try your best to get better and better at it.
Take a step back and ask yourself what does set you apart from the rest or what can.

It definitely depends on your presence, you've got to make people know that you have things to offer. Games, flashes, etc.
Camming is supposed to be something that's entertaining for everyone! If people are entertained, they're likely to tip to increase that entertainment. Definitely advertise on twitter, instagram, even get a public snapchat account to draw in new fans as well! It takes a long time to build your own group of fans. Now if this is something you've been trying for months or something, it may just not be for you. This industry is definitely not for everyone, but if you give it your best then you know you tried!

Make sure people know there's some service or item to spend on. Don't expect to be tipped for just your presence online. Make sure to sell your goals at all times. This is a sudo retail environment people need to see the tags on the things or they won't know what's being offered or available.

Ah yes, I did add some tags and a tip menu.

what's your stream like? is it laggy? are you sitting there looking bored? are you trying to be engaging with the 5 viewers you get? do you have any countdowns going? tags? do you have a niche?

honestly some people don't make jack shit. camming isn't guaranteed money.

To answer your questions, my stream was usually around 17-20FPS. I'd wave and say 'hi' to people when they entered the chat and talked to them. I don't have any countdowns going, I'd not even heard of them. I have plenty of tags, and my niche would be crossdressing/femboy.

Just keep going at it! Since you’re on Chaturbate there’s no canacore to worry about.
Do you have a tip menu or anything that you’re selling? That might help.

Will certainly keep going at it! I would be on Chaturbate right now if I wasn't feeling unwell. (I think it was some coleslaw I had earlier that gave me an upset stomach.) I have a tip menu but aren't selling anything as of yet. I'm considering selling my underwear eventually.

I don't have any countdowns going, I'd not even heard of them. I have plenty of tags, and my niche would be crossdressing/femboy.

In my experience, countdowns are important. People like to have a goal. Also have other things going on though to do, to keep things interesting while you're waiting to reach goal.

Keep in mind though, guys often have a very different experience than cam girls, and shows and expectations can be a bit different. There is a niche market for nearly everyone. BUT, I have have noticed on Chaturbate that a lot of the smallest rooms in the last few pages, with no or very low tips, are guys. There is often going to be a smaller market, and also guys who are willing to show their junk or be sexual on cam can be a dime a dozen. So you have to keep your competition, and your target audience in mind. Are you doing something unique that they want to see? Are you entertaining? Do you fit into a certain body type or popular stereotype/persona that you can use in hashtags? Is the lighting and the visual nice? Sometimes the rooms I see of guys with no traffic on Chaturbate, it's because there's just no market for what they're doing. They don't have a visually appealing setup. They don't have a professional look, or fit into a highly desired body type. They are very clearly doing it as an exhibitionist for pay, rather than thinking about what their audience wants. I'm not saying that's you, but simply that you have to consider that this is an issue out there in your market, and if you're having trouble like these other guys are, you need to set yourself apart from them. This is not about YOU getting what YOU want. This is about giving other people what THEY want. So you might have to change up what you do, to bring in the crowd. Be a good showman. Have something that brings in the audience, that shows a great visual on the screen so they click on your window. A great ass in pretty panties pressed near the screen, whatever. Big dick poking out of sexy skirt. Whatever is your asset, and whatever you think is the thing people in your target demographic would be enticed by so they want to come and pay you to see more. Never give too much for free though. It's a tricky balance. And your audience is going to be smaller to start with, so you need to build a loyal following. Def try to watch others in your category who are successful to see what they're doing for tips.

Doesn't sound like you've watched many other people on Chaturbate though for research, otherwise you would have seen countdowns before. If you want the money, you need to put in the work. Money doesn't just fall into your lap just because you're willing to show your sexuality online. So are a million other people. You have to put in the time to learn what's out there on the site, and see what successful people in your category are doing to be so successful.

Maybe experiment with times of day you log in. Sometimes during the day on a weekday can be way better for tips than say, Saturday night when every model is logged in. apart from that, tag the hell out of yourself and offer good deals for tips. It helps to have content you can sell in exchange for tips if that's something you want to do. If not, maybe try to get up and do a dance every half hour or do something that would bring extra people to your room?

Nah, not going to lie I made 500 in 3 days. I made 89 bucks in my first broadcast and it only last 59 minutes... I hit the front page my second night. You just have to do the right UNIQUE thing and you will soar.

Status
Not open for further replies.