AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Shorten URL

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitly

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I avoid shortened urls (if this is like what you are talking about). Tons of youtube sites always try to direct me to to a shortened url after you click on their video only to find out in the description that you need to go to a different url to see movies. Seems sketchy to me. I personally like to know the site I am clicking on (the long url) as I have been infected with a keylogger before (which was my fault for clicking on a link I didn't know--it was supposed to be a 'funny joke' but the joke was on me).

You could buy a personal domain and then redirect it to your cam URL so it will look like yourcamname.c0m or if you need multiple shortened URLs you could set it up to look like cam.yourdomain.c0m or youdomain.c0m/cam (I think I pay $10/year for my .com domain)

To add, the keylogger was in an email from a person I thought I knew (it was just a weird messed up thing and I was just naive back in 2007), but, I am superhypercautious now about clicking on anything that doesn't "look" legit and the key word here is "look." I just get a sense of security from links to a legit place. It isn't ever perfect, but, being able to research online is important to me and to be able to google a link to see reviews or get a sense of legitimacy is what will make me want or not want to click on it. (edited to add: I could be a total nutbag because of that lone instance, but, you know,I thought I would share my thoughts)

Last edited:
Reactions: Booty_4U
Just keep in mind short URLs can expire, breaking content.
People can troll short URLs by reporting them.
Some anti virus blocks short urls.

I avoid shortened urls (if this is like what you are talking about). Tons of youtube sites always try to direct me to to a shortened url after you click on their video only to find out in the description that you need to go to a different url to see movies. Seems sketchy to me. I personally like to know the site I am clicking on (the long url) as I have been infected with a keylogger before (which was my fault for clicking on a link I didn't know--it was supposed to be a 'funny joke' but the joke was on me).

Thank you for your tips :) So far I haven't used a URL shortener, since I fine it all pretty confusing ;) I can totally understand your points! thanks :)

You could buy a personal domain and then redirect it to your cam URL so it will look like yourcamname.c0m or if you need multiple shortened URLs you could set it up to look like cam.yourdomain.c0m or youdomain.c0m/cam (I think I pay $10/year for my .com domain)

Oh I hadn't thought about that :) That's a great idea!

Reactions: Booty_4U
Oh I hadn't thought about that :) That's a great idea!

I too would recommend a personal domain. You can get one for 3.99 if you look around and just have the URL forward to wherever you like. It's def more professional if your making this into a career, looks more secure to the end users and just plain COOL. I haven't set up mine yet but will be very soon! As of right now I'm using bit.ly.

-Rachel Lee Ray

I too would recommend a personal domain. You can get one for 3.99 if you look around and just have the URL forward to wherever you like. It's def more professional if your making this into a career, looks more secure to the end users and just plain COOL. I haven't set up mine yet but will be very soon! As of right now I'm using bit.ly.

-Rachel Lee Ray

Nice I will definitely look into that! :)

Pixie

Reactions: Rachel Lee Ray
Nice I will definitely look into that! :)

Pixie
I recommend that anyone doing business online register their domain name ASAP, particularly in a field such as this where a hater/stalker could register your name and start selling pictures/videos as you.

Do you have a hater/stalker and/or IT person that might be working on your behalf? Because the domain pervypixie.com was registered on Jan 30, 2018:

Code:
$> whois pervypixie.com
   Domain Name: PERVYPIXIE.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 2221202739_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
   Updated Date: 2018-02-04T16:34:48Z
   Creation Date: 2018-01-30T22:12:21Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-30T22:12:21Z
   Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
   Registrar IANA ID: 69
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
   Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
   Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
   Name Server: NS15.ABOVE.COM
   Name Server: NS16.ABOVE.COM
   DNSSEC: unsigned

When I visit the domain it wants me to install a browser plugin to "protect my privacy"... definitely not legit...

• Helpful!
Reactions: PervyPixie
I recommend that anyone doing business online register their domain name ASAP, particularly in a field such as this where a hater/stalker could register your name and start selling pictures/videos as you.

Do you have a hater/stalker and/or IT person that might be working on your behalf? Because the domain pervypixie.com was registered on Jan 30, 2018:

Code:
$> whois pervypixie.com
   Domain Name: PERVYPIXIE.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 2221202739_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
   Updated Date: 2018-02-04T16:34:48Z
   Creation Date: 2018-01-30T22:12:21Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-30T22:12:21Z
   Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
   Registrar IANA ID: 69
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
   Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
   Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
   Name Server: NS15.ABOVE.COM
   Name Server: NS16.ABOVE.COM
   DNSSEC: unsigned

When I visit the domain it wants me to install a browser plugin to "protect my privacy"... definitely not legit...

Oh wow I didn't know it! My husband and I own the the domain zhpervypixie.com, but pervypixie.com is not a domain we own.

Status
Not open for further replies.