AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Fallout

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the scuttlebutt going around, it's apparently going to be a multiplayer craft-and-build survival game, something like Rust, Ark, or Conan Exiles. I think the hints in the teaser support that. In the game lore, Vault 76 is a "control vault", where Vault-Tec hasn't run any experiments on the inhabitants, and where it opens only a couple of decades after the bombs fell. The teaser puts the date at 25 years after the war, so before any of the other games. That would make the setting perfect for a real wasteland free-for-all, which fits the multiplayer survival genre. I think setting this sort of game in the Fallout universe is a perfect fit, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Despite the rumors, I still would most love to see a singleplayer, or at least a PvE option. I don't mind co-op multiplayer and the type of people PvE attracts, but PvP just isn't for me. A Minecraft-style creative mode would be pretty great, too. I would love to put some time in rebuilding the first new vestiges of civilization in the wasteland, so soon after the war. That's a cool premise to me. The thing that has kept me playing Fallout 4 after finishing the main quest has been messing around with the crafting and settlement building. I'm definitely not the only one who has taken so well to the settlement aspect, either. It's been really cool to see all the fun things people have done with FO4's settlement stuff. Plus, it's clear that Bethesda had focused so much of its attention on just that one mechanic, and making it robust and expansive, and now it looks like all that effort might be expanded upon. It's going to be interesting to see where they take it.

So, that's my thoughts so far.

OMGHYPE!

EDIT:

Here we go.
https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Last edited:
Oooh, I see a gaming hardware upgrade in my future. I've been a huge fan of the series since the original and I'm surprised Fallout 3 didn't cost my my job as I think I played it 20 hours a day for three week straight....

Well now I have to get a better pc aha. Can't wait for this!!!!

This game is an engine move and probably part of the experiment tuning the IDtech6 engine for expansive area rendering (they'll need that for Elder Scrolls). This could be as bad as Mass Effect trying to convert frostbite engine which was FPS focused and the horror show that followed. I think because the engine change being so drastic there will be other type of outrage (potentially not supporting mods at first). I honestly assumed they would go this route with all Bethesda games going forwards but a little surprised they have development tools available this soon for apply it to a game like fallout.

I wonder how resource-heavy it will really be. I'm able to play FO4 and Skyrim Special Edition with no problem on my old laptop. If this is an extension of the same Creation Engine, I really hope I won't have to upgrade in order to play.

This game is an engine move and probably part of the experiment tuning the IDtech6 engine for expansive area rendering (they'll need that for Elder Scrolls). This could be as bad as Mass Effect trying to convert frostbite engine which was FPS focused and the horror show that followed. I think because the engine change being so drastic there will be other type of outrage (potentially not supporting mods at first). I honestly assumed they would go this route with all Bethesda games going forwards but a little surprised they have development tools available this soon for apply it to a game like fallout.

Dang. Nevermind about my other post, then. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

it's apparently going to be a multiplayer craft-and-build survival game, something like Rust, Ark, or Conan Exiles. I think the hints in the teaser support that. In the game lore, Vault 76 is a "control vault", where Vault-Tec hasn't run any experiments on the inhabitants, and where it opens only a couple of decades after the bombs fell. The teaser puts the date at 25 years after the war, so before any of the other games. That would make the setting perfect for a real wasteland free-for-all, which fits the multiplayer survival genre. I think setting this sort of game in the Fallout universe is a perfect fit, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
This could actually get me to finally play a Fallout game.

Dang. Nevermind about my other post, then. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Not sure if you played the last DOOM game but if that ran well on your hardware it would probably give you a good idea how your kit will work with this new fallout. That said Doom games are made of smaller instanced maps with decent loading between them and not large urban sprawls that fallout games typically have so the engine will have some modifications to support fallout. The good news is the last DOOM did have very good mod support.

• Helpful!
Reactions: zippypinhead
Not sure if you played the last DOOM game but if that ran well on your hardware it would probably give you a good idea how your kit will work with this new fallout. That said Doom games are made of smaller instanced maps with decent loading between them and not large urban sprawls that fallout games typically have so the engine will have some modifications to support fallout. The good news is the last DOOM did have very good mod support.

Other developers under BethSoft's umbrella use different engines for their games. Is there confirmed news that this will be done using a new engine, rather than an extension of Bethesda Game Studios' in-house constant reliance on Creation Engine? I could see it going either way. Either a proof of concept for future projects, or an adaptation of existing technology and assets. From the sound of it, this new game developed as a fork from FO4's development, which says to me it might be based in CE.

I wonder how resource-heavy it will really be. I'm able to play FO4 and Skyrim Special Edition with no problem on my old laptop. If this is an extension of the same Creation Engine, I really hope I won't have to upgrade in order to play.
Question for you. I used to play fallout 4 on my ps4 but I much prefer pc. Did you have a good graphics card on your laptop? If not did it still run okay without the base graphics card? My desktop computer meets all specs but the graphic card specs they recommend. I just don't wanna spend the $ on the pc game to find out I need a thousand dollar graphics card to make it work lol.

Question for you. I used to play fallout 4 on my ps4 but I much prefer pc. Did you have a good graphics card on your laptop? If not did it still run okay without the base graphics card? My desktop computer meets all specs but the graphic card specs they recommend. I just don't wanna spend the $ on the pc game to find out I need a thousand dollar graphics card to make it work lol.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 630m, which, as far as "high-performance GPU" goes, is pretty terrible. I suspect it might have already been obsolete in 2012, when I got the laptop. My CPU is also weak, and I pretty much have no real hope of being able to play anything that's come out after 2015. Surprisingly, though, FO4 and Skyrim SE both run smooth as butter on my old rig, even on high graphics settings.

I don't think you'd need to spend $1,000 on a new graphics card. More than that, considering the modding scene, there are a lot of low-end options available specifically for Fallout and Elder Scrolls games.

Reactions: a_haze420
I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 630m, which, as far as "high-performance GPU" goes, is pretty terrible. I suspect it might have already been obsolete in 2012, when I got the laptop. My CPU is also weak, and I pretty much have no real hope of being able to play anything that's come out after 2015. Surprisingly, though, FO4 and Skyrim SE both run smooth as butter on my old rig, even on high graphics settings.

I don't think you'd need to spend $1,000 on a new graphics card. More than that, considering the modding scene, there are a lot of low-end options available specifically for Fallout and Elder Scrolls games.
Thank you that's very helpful :)

Is it the multiplayer aspect that you like? FO4 has plenty of crafting/building/survival elements.
Yeah, if there's a Fallout game like Rust, which I've spent thousands of hours in, I'm game. Specifically multiplayer survival/building.

I hope the storytelling is as good as it was in New Vegas because that and the new perk system was one of the weakest aspects of Fallout 4. Unfortunately they don't have Obsidian developing this.

I hope the storytelling is as good as it was in New Vegas because that and the new perk system was one of the weakest aspects of Fallout 4. Unfortunately they don't have Obsidian developing this.
If they go the way of online survival game, there's usually not a whole lot of storytelling involved.

If they go the way of online survival game, there's usually not a whole lot of storytelling involved.
It worries me that if they do that we are most likely to end up with a mediocre game, becauseit iis kind of like what Bioware did when they made knights of the old republic into an mmo. It is hard to take a game series that relies heavily on storytelling and do something else with it without messing up.

Will keep an open mind but the little information available doesn't sound very appealing to me. One of the few single player games I really enjoy. Settlement building was a chore and not at all fun in 4. One of the add ons made it more enjoyable but still only did it for achievements. Looking forward to E3 to see more of it.

I always hear people talking about how bad FO4 is as a story, but I honestly found it to be engaging and satisfying, more than most BGS games.

Reactions: Always_Tim
Bethesda's E3 presentation is happening in a few hours, but Microsoft had a new trailer during theirs.

I always hear people talking about how bad FO4 is as a story, but I honestly found it to be engaging and satisfying, more than most BGS games.

Yeah, not sure if we are in the minority but I liked the story. Love how goofy some of the characters can be.

I just watched the Bethesda E3 Conference and while it looks better than the previous games I can't say that it is what I hoped for. It is an online game with some survival and building aspects, we didn't get to see much of the story, but I fear that it is going to be a bit disappointing.

I just watched the Bethesda E3 Conference and while it looks better than the previous games I can't say that it is what I hoped for. It is an online game with some survival and building aspects, we didn't get to see much of the story, but I fear that it is going to be a bit disappointing.

It's a dedicated server game. Hopefully like a minecraft server where you can mod it. You can also play it single player however you need a dedicated server to play it multiplayer.

It's a dedicated server game. Hopefully like a minecraft server where you can mod it. You can also play it single player however you need a dedicated server to play it multiplayer.
Todd Howard said that it is a shared world that is entirely online, but you can play it single. Age of Conan and Rust can also be played single on your own dedicated server but it doesn't make for a very fun experience and I fear it is going to be the same with Fallout 76.

I can’t wait. Can’t wait for someone to try to kill me and become the bad guy in the entire map and everybody hunt that person down for higher exp and caps. I think the way Bethesda thought on how to take care of bad users is just awesome. If you get attacked while you are not engaging, the attacker suffers bad consequences and all you will lose from it is just collected junk.

My household are major Fallout fans. I have the games but I haven't gotten around to playing them. I'll probably jump in because everyone is going to be playing it. Also, weird thing, but my metamour is from the same area that they're setting the game in. She actually recognized places that are there in real life, which, well, isn't something you expect!

I've been playing Fallout 4 off and on on PS4. I just don't really care for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.