AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Its worth it to invest right?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CurvyJ

Cam Model
Jun 10, 2018
Twitter Username
@CurvyJForYou
Tumblr Username
CurvyJForYou
Streamate Username
CurvyJForYou
Chaturbate Username
CurvyJForYou
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1001875005/CurvyJForYou/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/130715/allthingscurvyjforyou
Oh man. I just bought the second set of toys this week...then I bought the lush 2.0 and the hush 1.5... i still havent gotten the webcam or my room set up

sooooo much money

its worth it right? Im so excited to have some new toys especially because this is actually helping my marriage but i feel so badly spending so much to get started....also I know the new toys and lush/hush werent necessary but i think they will give us more of a viewing audience

Your first main issue will be that it actually WORKS for you. I mean that your responsive to the stimulation. I've now bought five of them for various models and two of those models it simply doesn't nothing for. The money made of these toys are from the obvious reaction while using them on cam.

Reactions: CurvyJ
I really really really want the domi, but i think I can combine them with another wand/vibe to enjoy enough for our for now
Since I can’t get my Domi to work properly on CB with the Lovense extension (and Lovense support has an engineer looking into it), I use the CalExotics wand during my shows with my Lush. I love it!

I bought the Lush before even considering to cam, for long distance play with my FWB. So once I started camming naturally I used the Lush with my shows. Which has now led to me buying Nora, Domi & Osci. I haven’t had any luck getting the Domi to work using the Lovense extension, which I use just fine with my other toys. And I’m also on my 3rd Lush, in 6 months, as they tend to not last long (at least not for me. Lol). I bought a 4th as a backup. But yes, worth the investment & can be used as a write off for taxes, at least that’s what my mod has advised me.

I bought the Lush before even considering to cam, for long distance play with my FWB. So once I started camming naturally I used the Lush with my shows. Which has now led to me buying Nora, Domi & Osci. I haven’t had any luck getting the Domi to work using the Lovense extension, which I use just fine with my other toys. And I’m also on my 3rd Lush, in 6 months, as they tend to not last long (at least not for me. Lol). I bought a 4th as a backup. But yes, worth the investment & can be used as a write off for taxes, at least that’s what my mod has advised me.

holy a 4th lol hopefully mine helps make back a bit of it and Ive seen a few conflicting statements as to if toys are claimable or not but im going to keep everything just in case

I spent $400 for an add on extension for Final Cut Pro (It's called FxFactory) and my light kit all together was $900 both those things were 100 percent worth the investment. My camera is over 2k (the one I am upgrading too) I have always invested in this job!!

My Lush was shady from day one, but the casing finally split a few weeks ago and it completely died. It is in vibe heaven now with all the shitty cheap toys I bought and melted before I knew what what safe to put in my foof and what wasnt!

So im using the Domi. Man its strong. I end up doing cum shows before I hit my topless goal because its so powerful even on low. My members think its hilarious of course!

Yesterday I sent the control link to someone and I don't think my legs have completely stopped trembling. Also we decided that Lovense need to make tip controlled nipple clamps, but they never reply to me on twitter so im not holding out hope

My Lush was shady from day one, but the casing finally split a few weeks ago and it completely died. It is in vibe heaven now with all the shitty cheap toys I bought and melted before I knew what what safe to put in my foof and what wasnt!

So im using the Domi. Man its strong. I end up doing cum shows before I hit my topless goal because its so powerful even on low. My members think its hilarious of course!

Yesterday I sent the control link to someone and I don't think my legs have completely stopped trembling. Also we decided that Lovense need to make tip controlled nipple clamps, but they never reply to me on twitter so im not holding out hope

I think thats a great idea, nipple clamps sound fun

Omg tip controlled nipple clamps is a good idea, I also think they should do a tip controlled cock ring for the guys lol.
I do not like to think how many lushes I have sent to heaven. I also broke a Nora while riding it and @MiaFoxUK the domi is so strong even a yellow wall of one token tips often has me in a jelly leg mess to. I dread the day someone asks for control of that.

In my opinion,it is worth it,but deprnds on the money source.If it's savings,you can invest,but keep in mind that you have other expenses too,if it's cam money,and it's not your only source of income,invest it all.When i started camming,i was an employed at a hair shop,3 mounths i worked in 2 places ,on site and on hair shop,i invested all the cam sites money in equipment,such as light,camera,etc.When it started working good and i considered i can sustain my life expenses from camming,i quit the hairshop job.

Note that you can have the most incredible sextoys,if your image is blurry fuzzy,or the sound is delayed,or the lighting is bad and seems like you are camming from under the blanket.Also internet speed is very important.

• Helpful!
Oh man. I just bought the second set of toys this week...then I bought the lush 2.0 and the hush 1.5... i still havent gotten the webcam or my room set up

sooooo much money

its worth it right? Im so excited to have some new toys especially because this is actually helping my marriage but i feel so badly spending so much to get started....also I know the new toys and lush/hush werent necessary but i think they will give us more of a viewing audience

I can only speak to the metrics of being a male performer in the camming 'arena'.

The Hush was the single greatest investment I ever made. Better than my Logitech webcam, better than any article of clothing. The return has been in the thousands percentage-wise. That is, the initial $200 or so has yielded a return of thousands of dollars. I've experimented with using it versus not (under the most controlled, consistent circumstances possible) and have accumulated enough "data" to empirically say that the Hush is definitely attributable for the huge increase.

Toward the end of my camming days (on indefinite hiatus - doing other things now), I noticed the male 'market' became over-saturated and Lovense toys were almost a necessity to bring in anything resembling an income. So long as these toys pay for themselves at some point and yield a return, you've made a successful decision.

As an aside, it's OK to treat yourself, assuming you enjoy them - camming notwithstanding!

Sometimes we forget that we are branding and running a business - the product? Our performer persona. So on that note, it is often prudent to recall some of the most fundamental strategies of business and investing: never invest what you aren't willing to lose. No matter what. I work in finance and day-trading/portfolio management, and this is the Golden Rule.

I never got around to setting up a fancy recording space for my cam-shows. Maybe it would have made a difference, but the perceived return wasn't worthwhile in my mind. It's worth mentioning however that my appeal was more of a GND (girl/guy next door) sensibility, so the casual atmosphere worked in my favor. Just consider your investments in these contexts and whether or not they are befitting for your specific niche/appeal and format of shows. (e.g. if you are a femdom-oriented performer, investing in some crops and outfits may be a good idea whereas playing the GND routine may just necessitate a cozy bedroom)

Best to you!

Edit: What's that Logitech webcam everyone uses - myself included? I just can't recall the name at the moment. It's less than $100 and all you truly need to have good quality shows. Having a good uplink connection is important, too. Just remember to take these 'investment's one step at a time. Sometimes, stretching out things like introducing new props, new outfits, or new equipment can be used to keep the momentum of your camming going long-term. I recommend not doing everything all at once.

• Helpful!
Oh! Another very important thing I forgot to mention: never underestimate the power of a wishlist!!! In camming, I find it is best to maintain a wishlist that has items that will benefit your viewers (and in turn, you) as opposed to books and movies that you want (I mean, sprinkle some of these in, but I wouldn't let them comprise 100% of my WL).

My first Hush was purchased for me by a fan in my first week of camming (I've since bought another because, well, Lovense products need some work, to put it lightly). You'd be amazed at what viewers might buy for you.

Don't hesitate to add sexy clothing, lighting equipment, cameras, backdrops, whatever to your wishlist and put it in your profile for all your viewers to see. If a viewer ever requests a certain toy or article of clothing, you can tell them to send you an Amazon (or wherever you host your WL) link to what they have in mind so you can add it to your wishlist for them to purchase.

This way, the onus of the investment isn't on you, but you reap the two-fold reward that is making a viewer happy and enlarging your arsenal of camming 'gear'.

Oh! Another very important thing I forgot to mention: never underestimate the power of a wishlist!!! In camming, I find it is best to maintain a wishlist that has items that will benefit your viewers (and in turn, you) as opposed to books and movies that you want (I mean, sprinkle some of these in, but I wouldn't let them comprise 100% of my WL).

My first Hush was purchased for me by a fan in my first week of camming (I've since bought another because, well, Lovense products need some work, to put it lightly). You'd be amazed at what viewers might buy for you.

Don't hesitate to add sexy clothing, lighting equipment, cameras, backdrops, whatever to your wishlist and put it in your profile for all your viewers to see. If a viewer ever requests a certain toy or article of clothing, you can tell them to send you an Amazon (or wherever you host your WL) link to what they have in mind so you can add it to your wishlist for them to purchase.

This way, the onus of the investment isn't on you, but you reap the two-fold reward that is making a viewer happy and enlarging your arsenal of camming 'gear'.

Thanks so much for all the advice, I went out and got the 922 pro logitech and a new lamp with 3 tiers today, Im also looking to getting some floor lamps in the near future ish... I did make a WL on amazon and have a bunch of sexy books on there...but did add toys ect too. I hope maybe one day someone will send me something, the thought is very exciting I must admit.

Im still dying to get my hands on my hush its been in my city since 6am yesterday....I may or may not have stalked someone I thought was delivering packages today lol

As for decor Im just going to hang a piece of fabric on my wall in a hopefully...artful manner

Status
Not open for further replies.