AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

Straight up just being able to set the length, cost and benefits of multiple fanclubs yourself would be dope. Every models room is so different, I feel like having way more flexibility in this area would be amazing. It's more than common for cam rooms to have clubs with benefits listed within their profiles, seems like it would make sense to embrace this and integrate it.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
Dear Chaturbate staff,
I was wondering why there still isn't a Chaturbate forum? I wasn't able to find any articles or explanations about it.
The users will definitely appreciate a forum and it would be a wonderful place to exchange ideas and help chaturbaters feel like they fit in this great community of cammers, which will improve their performance and prolong their stay on our favorite site!
Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your suggestion. We are working hard to improve the site and will consider your feedback for future improvements.

Thanks,
Support

Sounds like a pretty automated response...

Upvote 0
A filter to block out seeing any of those grotesque trans models appearing on the page.

No need to be offensive, each to his/her/their own... but I do completely understand your suggestion though.

I would definitely love a better threaded browsing, for instance...

I have it set to "Interested in Females" in my profile, therefore if I am looking at a certain section (lets say 30 - 50 cams), surely that should be able to detect that I am interested in females (as I have it set as such in my profile), therefore only show me females within that age range. So I do understand your frustration. I have nothing against anyone's gender or anything else. I have got used to seeing cock, cock, cock, cock... when trying to find a room lol. This is one reason, say, if there are 12 pages, I probably won't go past half way because 99% of the time, the majority of those afterwards are going to be guys - so it actually potentially effects the models you MAY be interested in.

I think there was an option at one point to omit trans from your search results under "advanced", or am I imagining that? Maybe that's what they could do to simply fix this for us all: omit male, trans, female, couple. So you would check/tick one or multiple boxes, for which ones you did NOT want to see in your browsing experience... that could be the easiest solution rather than it automatically detect from your profile what genders you are interested in.

Upvote 0
A filter to block out seeing any of those grotesque trans models appearing on the page.
That's it dude, tired of your shit. This is beyond rude and inappropriate.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don’t know how they’d do it, but it would be good if there was a system for flagging a model who is intentionally using the wrong hashtags to boost views. I know a lot of hashtags are subjective, but it’s just silly seeing models using #ebony to label their show when they’re clearly white, or #blonde when they’re a brunette etc. It just seems counter productive to me and hinders your model search.

Upvote 0
Asked on Twitter for suggestions from users and models for features and had quite a few comments.. heres the list what most asked for ;)

Offline Messaging System - Choice in settings - Token holders & Fan Club / Everyone inc. Greys / Fan Club Only

Hidden Tips (the room see's a anonymous tip, but the model see's who has tipped)

No refreshing for moderators - 'in and out' setting to apply on the fly

Lists of users who have been sienced / banned for individual unsilencing / unbanning

Option for blocking anonymous users without an app

List of Emoji that you have uploaded with option of deleting - but confirmation by Chaturbate due to fake tips etc

Dark Mode for Desktop & Mobile

Banned or deleted accounts after a period of time are removed from Follower & Following lists

Live Support - Webcam room for CB support / Official forum

Icon at the side of users who are live on cam in chat

Section for blocking certain users via username from finding your room or even entering

2 levels of Moderator - (Simple ) Silencing only & (advanced) Silenced & Banning - Advanced ONLY if model confirms the selection, if the user has been in their room for longer than 1 month. They will need to of been a Moderator at least before being upgraded to advanced.

Search Bar in the Models Follower list... so they can find a certain user instead of going through 1000's of pages of Followers.

Upvote 0
1) MORE options/features to be added to the "Premium service". I don't think Ad Free, Change Font Style/Colour, and PM Models are very good and inviting. I think most of us use some form of ad blocker these days; personally I don't care about my font style or colour changing so I get the models attention more and quicker; and I don't go around wanting to PM every model + I bet half don't even read your PM anyway.

2) Regarding offline Messages: maybe allow the MODEL to set an amount of tokens per message + whether or not they receive notifications (push, email). Have set increments, of course: 2 tokens, 5 tokens. 10 tokens. 15. 20. (per message) etc

Upvote 0
1) MORE options/features to be added to the "Premium service". I don't think Ad Free, Change Font Style/Colour, and PM Models are very good and inviting. I think most of us use some form of ad blocker these days; personally I don't care about my font style or colour changing so I get the models attention more and quicker; and I don't go around wanting to PM every model + I bet half don't even read your PM anyway.

What feature would you like to see to be included in the "Premium Service' is the question ;)

I would also like to see the Mobile site to actually state who is verified and who is an 'exhibitionist'. Just when you visit an 'exhibitionist' it shows their room as a verified room until you try and tip them.

Upvote 0
What feature would you like to see to be included in the "Premium Service' is the question ;)

I would also like to see the Mobile site to actually state who is verified and who is an 'exhibitionist'. Just when you visit an 'exhibitionist' it shows their room as a verified room until you try and tip them.

I am unsure exactly as the kinds of things that would typically be offered are potentially things I don't care about.
For example it's all cosmetics/aesthetics and grabbing the model's attention & standing out to show "I am a premium subscription holder; see me and respect me". I don't want or care about that, so other things people seem to love are having some sort of icon next to their name to indicate they are a premium... I never cared about stuff like that with video games or other things so won't for/on an adult site.

it needs to be some thins that could benefit me/us properly - although I understand a lot of guys DO love to be center of attention so the model see's them instantly (IE. font style, colour)..

I really can't think of anything though that would make me want.. maybe a % off model's fan clubs? 10% or a % off the next XX (1, 3, 5 10) video/photo sets you buy (via tokens).. I really don't know..

Upvote 0
The ability to search for users, specific tip amounts or view certain periods of time in token history without having to scroll from the most recent tips and look through every single one!

I run contests for our top three tippers every month and I literally have to sit down after every show and write by hand who tipped what...something like this would be very helpful... but i do know if you click on a members name while they are in your room it does give a bit of a breakdown for how much they have tipped in the last 2 weeks<i think its 2 weeks> to you

Upvote 0
I am unsure exactly as the kinds of things that would typically be offered are potentially things I don't care about.
For example it's all cosmetics/aesthetics and grabbing the model's attention & standing out to show "I am a premium subscription holder; see me and respect me". I don't want or care about that, so other things people seem to love are having some sort of icon next to their name to indicate they are a premium... I never cared about stuff like that with video games or other things so won't for/on an adult site.

it needs to be some thins that could benefit me/us properly - although I understand a lot of guys DO love to be center of attention so the model see's them instantly (IE. font style, colour)..

I really can't think of anything though that would make me want.. maybe a % off model's fan clubs? 10% or a % off the next XX (1, 3, 5 10) video/photo sets you buy (via tokens).. I really don't know..

Thinking of that idea... how about a discount on the tokens you buy ? So if you're not a 'Supporter' the purchasing tokens is at normal price, but as soon as you sign up to the 'Supporter package' the price of tokens gets either discounted or you get a bonus of tokens ?

I do remember in the early days of CB, there were special offers on a Friday when token packages had bonus tokens. I miss those days ;)

Upvote 0
Thinking of that idea... how about a discount on the tokens you buy ? So if you're not a 'Supporter' the purchasing tokens is at normal price, but as soon as you sign up to the 'Supporter package' the price of tokens gets either discounted or you get a bonus of tokens ?
@Brett M
I do remember in the early days of CB, there were special offers on a Friday when token packages had bonus tokens. I miss those days ;)
Tokens %benefit for supporters/premium yes this i encourage but from fanclub,, video , etc.... from models to get discount a big NO GO. The one who profits from the supporter subscription is cb not he boys and girls so let cb give things instead of going like on other sites and bleed more out of the models paycheck.
Would be the same as for you work and your boss offers a costumer a special membership which comes out of your paycheck

Upvote 0
Fix the false flagging/banning.

Not sure why hundreds of accounts weekly get banned for absolutely no reason and customer support wont help you. I've still yet to receive a response on the status of my banned account despite sending multiple emails and posting on here.

Just seems so suspicious how right when you're banned also your accounts are drained from your account as if Chaturbate is stealing tokens. Like why/how are these accounts just being banned out of no where and receiving no helpful response when they contact support?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Chaturbate should remove the obsolete flash technology from the page before a disaster occurs. And create a full screen mode in which the tip function works correctly on all devices (theatre mode is "work in progress" eternally).

It is completely ridiculous that an unregistered user can watch the video in HD + full screen now.

Upvote 0
Fix the false flagging/banning.

Not sure why hundreds of accounts weekly get banned for absolutely no reason and customer support wont help you. I've still yet to receive a response on the status of my banned account despite sending multiple emails and posting on here.

Just seems so suspicious how right when you're banned also your accounts are drained from your account as if Chaturbate is stealing tokens. Like why/how are these accounts just being banned out of no where and receiving no helpful response when they contact support?

If the account has been banned, you only need to email support once and a thread is created. This is why the auto bot replies to you so you can reply to the auto bot to add more information etc. If you're sending multiple emails about the same situation this will only make brand new threads with new support numbers & bog down the system. Like on a forum, you just need to make one thread for CB support to keep track of an issue.

IF Support say that your account has been terminated and they say they won't allow that account to come back on & the account has tokens that you have actually paid for, you can ask for a refund of the tokens. The tokens on the account aren't stolen, they are just suspended on the account.

Plus remember that some account have been getting banned / suspended due to hackers trying to access the accounts so Chaturbate locks the accounts down so that no tokens are spent or withdrawn. If this ever happens Chaturbate wait for the true account holder to get in touch with them so they can reset the account for the true owner to come back on. Its one of the reasons why Chaturbate brought in the 2-Step verification to protect accounts.

Upvote 0
I could list dozens of feature requests, but those are all incremental improvements. I want to focus on the biggest issue, which is how can we help models make more money. What I think CB needs is some additional financial models for how traffic is monetized.

I can think of multiple additional financial models, but I will give one example of a pay per view model that might work for some models. How about implementing a feature where the model can specify a minimum number of tokens per minute required to be in her room, and allow that number to be something very low. You could optionally allow members with tokens to get five free minutes in the room to make a decision about whether they want to continue. At the low end, a 1-token-per-minute charge to just be a member of a room is 60 tokens per hour, which works out to about a $4 cost per hour for the viewer. To me that prices the service to a consumer market and cost would not be a reason for people to avoid the room. Models could play around with those numbers to see where they maximize revenue. It should not be one size fits all.

Now consider some numbers. If you are the successful model who can routinely pull in 2000 viewers in a room, going to a pay-per-view model might mean that only 1/2 of 1% of your viewers stay around. Okay, let's run those numbers. 1/2 of 1% of 2000 is 10 viewers. 10 viewers @ 60 tokens/hr = 600 tokens/hour. But that is not your actual take. Because those 10 viewers are paying that fee just to be present in your room. There is no guarantee of nudity or anything else, just as with any normal show. That is the model's discretion. But those 10 viewers are also sending tips. Those viewers can also take you private. And what if you are a model with many regulars? You might get a 2% retention rate in your room instead of 1/2 of 1%, so now the 2000 viewer "free" model viewer count becomes 40 paying users @ 60 tokens/hr = 2400 tokens/hour, just as base pay.

Even if the model was only breaking even in the pay-per-view versus the ad-driven model, there would be potential benefits for the model. First, there is a psychological benefit that every person in your room values you enough to pay something to be there. Second, the quality of the room potentially goes much higher because these are all paying customers who can really back up their requests with tips. The freeloader count goes way down. Third, it is less likely that your daily broadcasts get out onto Internet sites, because the vast majority of those recordings are being done by bots that come into room as anonymous users and record. A pay-per-view model requires the bot writer to now pay $4/hour *minimum* for the right to record, and that business model will not work for a bot writer because they do not make very much from the recording. Fourth, for some men being in a paid room will be preferable because they will have less pointless conversations from users begging for free services, something which just drains the room of energy. So you might create a virtuous cycle of attracting a larger number of higher quality viewers.

Nothing in this proposal requires any model to use a pay per view feature. It is always an option that could be turned on or off.

The biggest problem I see with the advertising driven model is that it creates bad incentives for CB that work against the model instead of for the model. CB effectively has a financial incentive to encourage - and turn a blind eye towards - anonymous and grey users because CB makes advertising revenue from those users even when they are bots. That advertising revenue is not shared to the model directly? In effect CB is using advertising revenue to indirectly subsidize a high payout ratio, which just creates a lack of transparency and a lack of alignment of financial incentives between the model and the webcam site. A pay-per-view model aligns incentives in a very transparent way, and now the model and CB want the same outcomes because both parties share the same revenue stream, based on the presence of registered users who pay something per hour.

For the girls who are superstars on these sites, this issue represents a potential loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue each year. There is an Eastern European model who I happened on a year ago. I knew the very first day I was in her room that she would be a superstar. She had amazing genetics, but she also had practiced and would constantly use lots of quirky hand gestures and facial expressions that were just interesting to watch. Despite her extreme shyness, she was just a great entertainer, and these sites are about performing and entertaining, so she had important ingredients for success. I helped her early on, but it was obvious to me she did not need any help and she was on a course with destiny. The other day on CB I looked at my page and she had 20K viewers in her room. There were more than 100 dark purple and light purple users in her user list. If I assume only 1% of those viewers would be willing to pay 60 tokens/hour to be in her room, that is 200 users * 60 = 12K tokens/hour. That's $600/hr to the model as base pay, and she still has 200 rabid fans in her room throwing her tips. The same girl will have other nights with 3K viewers instead of 20K, but my point is on those nights where the stars align and the numbers of users in a room is high, the lack of a pay-per-view model is potentially taking a lot of money off the table.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
So because you don't like something it's automatically gross? Perfect. You are officially gross now.

Upvote 0
I would LOVE for video's and image sets that are for purchase to come with more information: what resolution are they? what is the length of the video? I don't want to pay 1,000 tokens for a 1 minute video. I'd be so pissed off with that. So I avoid buying stuff like that

Upvote 0
I don’t know how they’d do it, but it would be good if there was a system for flagging a model who is intentionally using the wrong hashtags to boost views. I know a lot of hashtags are subjective, but it’s just silly seeing models using #ebony to label their show when they’re clearly white, or #blonde when they’re a brunette etc. It just seems counter productive to me and hinders your model search.

THANK YOU FOR THIS

one thing that makes me a bit bitter is when I see women and men using the bbw hashtag and everything is so tiny about them, not a single feature or limb is big/large. All models are beautiful, but there are better hashtags they can use, I feel terrible complaining about this and Im not wording my feelings correctly but it kind of sucks

Reactions: ronniepudding
Upvote 0
I would LOVE for video's and image sets that are for purchase to come with more information: what resolution are they? what is the length of the video? I don't want to pay 1,000 tokens for a 1 minute video. I'd be so pissed off with that. So I avoid buying stuff like that

im not even going to try videos on cb any more

Upvote 0
Best thing now for CB to do is to invest in hardware upgrade the servers and add some new servers i see from 50p and up that the video and audio start to lag and also chat errors starting tooccur because servers to much stressed.
And a live support would be a great improvement if you got a problem you can contact support in a shorter and direct way especially European daytime the response is very low from cb support seems they are then mostly asleep and just a small skeleton crew present

Upvote 0
THANK YOU FOR THIS

one thing that makes me a bit bitter is when I see women and men using the bbw hashtag and everything is so tiny about them, not a single feature or limb is big/large. All models are beautiful, but there are better hashtags they can use, I feel terrible complaining about this and Im not wording my feelings correctly but it kind of sucks

You're welcome! And don't feel terrible complaining about that second part, either. It's pretty insensitive of those offending models to co-opt something that others have as their identity.

• Hugs
Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0
The ability to search for users, specific tip amounts or view certain periods of time in token history without having to scroll from the most recent tips and look through every single one!

Ctrl+f on PC, or Command+f on Mac.

Upvote 0
More control over the volume for broadcasts - watching them I mean.
Currently it seems to increase/decrease in 10% increments, I'd love it to be more percentage based

Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
More information on a model's room when it has a password on it.
For example, add a Send Offline Tip button; Follow (Unfollow is there but if you are not following them, there is no follow).

Reactions: CurvyJ and roydz
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.