AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting a feel for MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2018
Hi everyone. I don't know if its really appropriate or not, but I'm new to MFC and confused about a lot still. I was hoping to get some advice. I'm having a hard time getting a good conversation in the chat room, everyone just PM's. Does anyone have tips for getting started? Cammodeling so new to me thank you for the help!!

I thought I should, but someone else said that was a bad idea. Do you think it helps.

I'd say most models here agree it's a good idea to block PMs. You'll weed out time wasters and people wanting free attention. Charge a small amount for a friend add so you won't get swamped by dudes especially the ones who want to give new models often unwise advice.

Upvote 0
O
I'd say most models here agree it's a good idea to block PMs. You'll weed out time wasters and people wanting free attention. Charge a small amount for a friend add so you won't get swamped by dudes especially the ones who want to give new models often unwise advice.
Thank you so much!!!! This is all so confusing, your advice helps a ton. Thank you!!!!!

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
I thought I should, but someone else said that was a bad idea. Do you think it helps.

Ignore that person. Disable PM's and people will have to talk in your chat room, or use private tip notes.

Upvote 0
I'll be the one who says otherwise. Allow pms from friends and premiums when you are new. Yes, it's annoying and most of the pms are a waste of time or members trying to cheat you but premiums just expect free pms. Sort the time wasters out, you will get a feeling for it quickly. I had pms disabled when I started and I think this was a big mistake as a new model. When you are popular enough, you can restrict it to friends.

And if you look at chat rooms even of models in the range of camscore 3,000 to 5,000 you will see a public chat that is more or less empty. PM is the way most members want to communicate on mfc is my observation.

Upvote 0
And if you look at chat rooms even of models in the range of camscore 3,000 to 5,000 you will see a public chat that is more or less empty. PM is the way most members want to communicate on mfc is my observation.

or... perhaps when members come into a room, observe a model typing furiously (as she tries to cope with 15 - 20 PM's at once!) and see that she is not taking any notice whatsoever of the chat in the room... they up and leave. The model creates her own empty room and the girl in the next room is the one who gets all the good tips instead of her!:nod:

As a member, I've always looked on PM's as being a privilege.. not a right. It's considered a bad move to give too much easy access to PM's to the great unwashed at an early stage. It rarely works out well as far as I have seen and can simply kill a room. :think:

Imho, if members need to send a message to the model with a request... it can be sent in a tip note. If they are not prepared to shell out a few tokies to do that, then the perceived wisdom is that they would not be a decent tipper anyway.

;)

Upvote 0
It's hard to give a general advice. One of my regulars at mfc told me in at least 7 out 10 rooms in the range of camscore 2,000 to 5,000 (so these girls apparently do many things right) the girls will send the member a pm when he enters the room even on first visits. So no idea who started it, members or models, but I would say the number of members who really prefer public chat over pm is quite small.

For a new model and from my own experience I'd still say accept the pain that comes with pms or you shut yourself out of the preferred way to communicate.

Upvote 0
For new models, I'd agree with @dark_mermaid that it's probably best for them to keep PM's on. In some ways, the pain of managing them is a good first experience. But, I see no reason why a model couldn't quickly turn them off on her second or third broadcast if it gets too bad. Then, in the topic, whiteboard or charlebot messages say something about friend add/PM for a token amount. Even if just 25 or 50, it'll keep some at bay that otherwise just want to waste time.

I agree with @WickedTouch with what he said. As a member on MFC, I view PMs as a privilege, as I don't want to distract the model from the room since I'm not the only there to see her. I generally like to type in the room, unless it's something that I'd rather not be public. Usually, a 5 token tip note does it and if it piques the models interest she'll comment or send a PM. If I want the model's attention exclusively, that's what TruePrivates are for.

Regarding models PMing right away, there's another discussion on PM's in a different thread also. But, here's how I do it:

I have my PM's blocked to friends and bookmarked models only. Model friends are those I visit frequently. If there's a model I want to check out, but haven't been in her room before I will add her to bookmarks. This allows her to PM me, whether when I first enter the room. Or, after a tip or some time in the room. I view it as I'd rather give her the opportunity to reach me privately instead of say it in the room. It's her room, so want to extend the courtesy to her. If I don't like her, and no plans to revisit the room, I can delete from bookmark and leave.

This is how today went for me. There was a model I had seen online numerous times previously. But, never visited her room. Prior to going into her room, I added her and then entered. Observed for a couple of minutes, and sent her a private and silent tip with a note saying hello and that was my first time in her room. She smiled and thanked "ninja" for it. Over the twenty minutes or so I was in her room, made a couple of public comments as well as a couple more tips w/notes letting her know that I enjoyed her room and such. Every time, she smiled and thanked "ninja" for them. At one point, she commented that members need to chat in the room since she doesn't pay much attention to PMs. After my third tip, she sent me a PM thanking me to which I did a quick response and we had a couple of back and forth messages and I left it at that.

Had a great time in her room, and let her know via tip as I was leaving. I think had I of not allowed her to send a PM, things might have been a little different. I'll keep her in the bookmarks for at least a few more visits. It allows me to interact with her if she chooses to initiate it. But, it also allows me to see how she is as a model and a person before bumping her to friend list and more frequently visiting her.

I generally don't mind if a model PM's me a "Hi!" or other similar message when they see me online. But, when I get PMs from numerous models begging me for tokens or to visit their room, that's why I block all but those on my lists. The models on my list have proven they aren't as annoying to me as many other members are them. Maybe I'm wrong. But, in a sense I feel like a mutual level of respect has been earned on both sides.

Apologies for the long winded response. :p

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I’m brand new to MFC and looking for advice and tips on what to do. My first night went good. Second night not really much chat or visits. I’ve set up a twitter account and snap but other than that I’m really lacking. I’m not super sexy so I’m really trying to just be friendly and go with the flow. Also shy and working up to the fully nude part atm.

Upvote 0
Hey Jane! I'm a new model as well, and I've only been on MFC for a little over a month :) (I just celebrated my one-month cammiversary last week, woohoo!)

I keep my PMs enabled, but for the most part I completely ignore them while on public chat. If someone tell me in my chat room to check my PMs, it's a chance for me to say, "Hey ___! When I'm in public chat, I don't read PMs so I can focus on the rooms." Once my session is over, I'll go through the PMs and see if anyone asked about scheduling a private. If they did, I'll tell them I just saw their message, and that they can send me an MFCmail so I can keep track of their inquiry and make sure to get back to them. That doesn't seem to be the conventional way to do it, but since I'm new it's nice to get inquiries for privates :)

I haven't blocked PMs thus far - maybe at some point I will. But I like the idea of building community, so I'm actually stoked when a member will chat me up while I'm replying to MFCmail. I figure the connection makes it more likely that they'll come back and hang.

As for getting conversations started... that can be challenging! If no one is responding, I'll just talk about random stuff until someone actually replies, and then I'll engage them hardcore and usually someone else will chime in. I'm pretty conversation-oriented, so I'm just hoping I'll eventually attract a group of similarly-minded people :) I'm lucky in that so far I have a few regulars who come in and chat, but sometimes I sweat it until they come in haha.

I'm still fairly modest so far and haven't done anything too naughty on cam, so I've started to run into the issue that we'll have great conversation going, but no one is really tipping (which I learned recently can adversely affect my camscore). BUT 1) I know I don't have a lot of games, or an extensive tip menus, clubs, etc in place yet to incentivize tipping, and 2) I'm happy to slowly build a loving room of sweet regulars.

Those are my 2 cents, as someone who's also new! :)

Upvote 0
Apologies for all the typos above :D

I also wanted to clarify that part of the reason I feel okay ignoring chats while on cam is that I specifically mention on my whiteboard that I don't look at PMs while in public chat (and will announce it from time to time in a friendly way if prompted), and I think once you hang out in my room for a bit it's also fairly obvious that I'm very focused on the room dynamic and not typing away :) And that when I go through my PMs after my cam session, I also reply to sweet or thoughtful comments that I missed, or music recommendations and links to interesting videos a member may have sent - not solely for checking out private session inquries, lol!

Of course, I'm fairly new so I don't know all the ins and outs of the etiquette on MFC, but this seems to work well enough for me so far and I haven't had too many complaints :)

Upvote 0
I've noticed that a lot of models will only allow PM's from members on their friend's list. They will usually charge x number of tokens to be added as a friend. This usually weeds out the freeloaders as well. PMing members can take away from your free chat, so I would advise keeping it to a minimum unless you want to focus on doing a lot of privates.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.