AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ManyVids Question - about Video Quality etc

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2017
Guys I have a question about *MY* Manyvids in particular. I notice that I have been climbing the ranks on manyvids recently, currently #179 (I am not trying to brag!!) And I am concerned that my videos are not good enough compared to many other models (pls dont laugh or make fun of me). In fact I believe my vid quality is SHIT compared to other models and this worries me. It is hard in this industry to NOT compare yourself with other models but i try to as much as possible. Even so I fail and I see many other models on MV with great video quality and lighting compared to mine. My vids are HD but they dont look nearly as good as other models. Reason may be because I am using my logitech cam C920 to make these videos. Maybe the other models are using a real DSLR camera =...or something else I dont know..But right now I definitely do NOT have the funds to buy a 1k+ camera. So my question is, would it be smart for me to halt on making so many clips until I actually buy a good camera or should I continue to make videos with my cam (currently the only thing I can afford to do atm) I mean the content of my vids are not bad but i am just embarassed my videos do not look as good as other models and this may effect my fan base and sales in the future and I don't want it to hinder that. I have only joined MV not over a yr ago and I started with nothing and I feel as tho I am still not able to offer fans much. Do you guys have any tips/advice and/or please share your own stories too. I would love to know if you also made/sold clips using your webcam/phone at the beginning of your career. And how long it took for you to actually be able to get professional camera/recording device. :(

For reference purposes here is my MV link: https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000897736/Asian-Darling/

Guys I have a question about *MY* Manyvids in particular. I notice that I have been climbing the ranks on manyvids recently, currently #179 (I am not trying to brag!!) And I am concerned that my videos are not good enough compared to many other models (pls dont laugh or make fun of me). In fact I believe my vid quality is SHIT compared to other models and this worries me. It is hard in this industry to NOT compare yourself with other models but i try to as much as possible. Even so I fail and I see many other models on MV with great video quality and lighting compared to mine. My vids are HD but they dont look nearly as good as other models. Reason may be because I am using my logitech cam C920 to make these videos. Maybe the other models are using a real DSLR camera =...or something else I dont know..But right now I definitely do NOT have the funds to buy a 1k+ camera. So my question is, would it be smart for me to halt on making so many clips until I actually buy a good camera or should I continue to make videos with my cam (currently the only thing I can afford to do atm) I mean the content of my vids are not bad but i am just embarassed my videos do not look as good as other models and this may effect my fan base and sales in the future and I don't want it to hinder that. I have only joined MV not over a yr ago and I started with nothing and I feel as tho I am still not able to offer fans much. Do you guys have any tips/advice and/or please share your own stories too. I would love to know if you also made/sold clips using your webcam/phone at the beginning of your career. And how long it took for you to actually be able to get professional camera/recording device. :(

For reference purposes here is my MV link: https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000897736/Asian-Darling/

I think one thing you need to think about is, those who are buying are possibly repeat customers.. now, they are clearly liking YOU, so they don't mind if it's not THE BEST quality so long as it is very good and you can see/hear clearly with no pixelation/distortion etc.So long as the lighting setup is also good and you're in 1280+ I would not worry too much yet for that type of quality. When someone is a fan of you, they will pretty much look at your new content while it's that old choppy/pixely quality..

Your content is 1920x1080p and the thumbnails for them look very clear.
Personally, as a user and not model, I would say don't worry. When you can get the best camera, of course do it... but don't fret about it. COntinue to make the content as it is

Part of the appeal might be the "stolen tape" sort of look of your videos. This is a buy in for people with innocence fetishes. Short answer is you're better off putting this question to people that are buying your content than on here since you're popularity is most likely because you're serving some sort of fetish that may not be easy to put our fingers on. You can message people that have made a purchase on MV because I've been contacted a few times after purchases from models wanting to know "why" I bought it.

I only peeked at your clips and I do not see a video resolution problem. I do not think that this is holding you back.

I think your first priority should be to talk to the customers who buy your videos today. Find out more about the demographics. Are they ethnic Chinese? Are they white guys from the West? Find out the age ranges. Then get a list of fantasies that each guy wants to see on videos. Do some analysis on that data once you have enough of it, and you might be lucky enough to see some distinct market segments fall out.

The biggest problem on these sites is usually distribution and advertising. How do you get enough people to even know you exist to be able to develop a business that scales.

Out of curiosity, does China have a native Chinese site that is equivalent to ManyVids? I assume you would be on that site as well? Your excellent English means you can crossover easily to an English speaking site, but I have the feeling you would be very successful on an ethnic Chinese site.

Looks fine to me! I use the same webcam (and so does my friend) and we both agree the quality looks better while streaming vs when recording. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but an upgrade is always a good thing!

All you should be worried about if if you're making money and if that money is worth it. In my experience, people who enjoy amateur videos will sacrifice some quality for amateur content. Some people may like a bit grainy video and slightly dark if they can see something that really turns them on. The bottom line is your bottom line. If you're making money, keep doing what you're doing. If you're really worried about quality... HD and 4k cameras are pretty inexpensive these days, as are light kits.

- Ivy Bleu
http://ivybleu.com

Your videos look pretty good. The lighting doesn't look professional but you have voyeur videos and other types that look like they would appeal more to customers who want avoid watching stuff that looks like it was shot in a studio by a film crew. That's really one of the main appeals of cam girls. The whole experience is supposed to feel more real and intimate because it feels less like you're watching a paid actress.

But if you really want to get higher quality videos you don't need to spend money on a fancy camera. I took some photo classes and my profs really pounded into our heads that if your camera works properly you can get professional quality even if you're using something super cheap and entry level. When you pay a lot of money for a professional camera you're really just paying for the convenience of not having to spend much time on perfecting your lighting setup. It looks, from what I can see, like your videos only look "unprofessional" because it looks like you're just using natural light and your regular lamps. You could start really cheap and buy three clam lamps (you can find them for about $10 each) and use a three-point lighting setup. Lighting is tricky and it takes some experimenting to figure out but it can make a huge difference. Also, since this is digital video having a more brightly lit stage will let you record in higher quality because the computer and camera won't have to put as much power into trying to brighten up the dark parts of the frame. Recording something that's poorly lit actually takes up a lot of unnecessary processing power.

So it's really worth learning good lighting if you want to improve video quality. My avatar pic was taken when I was just starting to learn lighting and didn't have three lamps yet, and I think it's pretty tricky to get down, but I also like the amateur look myself as long as the lighting isn't too super dark anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.