AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can I get some model opinions on this please?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is correct though, although probably only applicable in the UK, that MFC would've had an obligation to disclose under the UK version of GDPR, but also something known as a Norwich Pharmacal Order, which is basically a court order requiring an innocent 3rd party to disclose information. Despite the criticisms here, I would've gone through with this.
It is not the UK version of the GDPR, the UK version of the GDPR is the GDPR and it will be at least until after Brexit.

If any model gets threatened with the GDPR know that it can not be used to obtain personal information in this manner and anyone claiming that it can be is either knowingly lying or doesn't know what they are talking about.

It is not the UK version of the GDPR, the UK version of the GDPR is the GDPR and it will be at least until after Brexit.

If any model gets threatened with the GDPR know that it can not be used to obtain personal information in this manner and anyone claiming that it can be is either knowingly lying or doesn't know what they are talking about.

This is my understanding as well is that there is not a country specific version of the GDPR if they are an active member of the EU. If there are additional laws, they are specific to the country and not a part of GDPR and shouldn't be called as much.

Admittedly, I'm not that familiar with GDPR. But, due to my job, I know a little of it. Once I get more time, I do plan to sit down and read more on the laws and provisions of it. From a non-EU perspective, it has inadvertently helped with some long-standing issues since some companies have taken the stance it's easier to apply one set of rules to data instead of many.

If anyone is really interested in learning about GDPR: https://gdpr-info.eu/

Last edited by a moderator:

Well yes it could because the combination of a Norwich Pharmacal order. I'm pretty sure he's talking about the precedent regarding Motley Fool where the the site was forced to reveal the identity of the user. However I don't see how it would work in this situation.

1. There needs to be a 'criminal' charge pressed against the possible model. In that case it was the user made libel statements implying criminal activity. Unless even more of the text aren't shown the cam model didn't make any libel claims against him (though this should be a warning to you models that go HAM saying whatever you want because this law CAN be used if you push the line too far well if the person in a British national).

2. There was no 'money' transaction between the model and member. The only transaction made is to the site itself and payment processor for money. In the case of the payment processor all a Norwich Pharmacal order could provide is the location of MFC which is already availible.

3. The person requesting the Norwich Pharmacal order has to give a valid reason. In the case of the Motley fool the plaintiff was an ISP were the post was a user pretending to be part of the company revealing implying criminal activity the company was carrying out which was being sited in local media. So there was plenty argument for the ISP to know the identity of the user and eventually proved they made it all up. There should be no dispute who HOLDS the money since it's stated in the TOS that MFC owns all tokens.

The GDPR just ensures the data is protected enough by a website so if a Norwich Pharmacal order is ordered the website can't say it's not available when it comes to an active user. It's really the use of the Norwich Pharmacal order that is questionable here.

TL;DR yes you can use this process to reveal the idenity of someone if it's for the purpose of revealing other criminal activity. Petty theft is civil and this order would not be executed for it. However as a model if you say something to a member like, 'I know you keep animals and kidnapped children in your basement to fuck every night'. This could allow an order because it implies you have first hand knowledge of a major criminal act. The prosecution doesn't need to prove if your joking or not.

It's interesting being late to the party and getting to see everything fall through like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.