AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Glasses glare??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessLilith

Cam Model
Jan 20, 2018
New England/Las Vegas
goddesslilithvideos.com
Twitter Username
@GoddessLilith66
Tumblr Username
GoddessLilith666
MFC Username
GoddessLilith
Streamate Username
RealGoddessLilith
Chaturbate Username
GoddessLilith666
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1001198534/GoddessLilith666/
Any tips on how to avoid the glare from the monitor when wearing glasses? I look like an alien currently! :/

Have the cam pointing at you in an angle and no direct light to the face.

But no matter what you do, change a little bit of a position, you will have a glare. Some girls wear their glasses on their nose. I've given up or just take off my glasses if I'm mid show.

Reactions: GoddessLilith
Sit where you normally sit and experiment raising/lowering lights, tilting your camera up a bit, etc. Usually just a few degrees is enough adjustment to fix things. For photos you can tilt your glasses down, but that's not practical for live camming.

You're probably noticing and caring about it much more than anyone watching, though. One of these days I'll get a new avatar. For now, I keep coming back to this one. It hasn't done me wrong, and there's plenty of computer monitor glare under my eyes.

I haven't had anyone complain about it in the 7 years I've been camming, so I don't bother trying to avoid it. I switched to contacts for camming purposes, because I'm beyond tired of the "ur glasses are so sexy bb" nonsense.

Reactions: rstanton
Any tips on how to avoid the glare from the monitor when wearing glasses? I look like an alien currently! :/

Get new glasses.

No, not being sarcastic, I'm serious. Get new glasses with an anti-reflective coating put on.

chrome_2018-10-23_08-38-10.png

lens-coat-glare-1200x630.png

Checking where I get my glasses, zennioptical, you can get a new pair with an anti-reflective layer for less than $12.00 (USD). Just upload your prescription, enter in your PD (pupilary distance) and tell it you want that coating. Takes about two weeks to get them. (They have a get started section that explains PD.)

chrome_2018-10-23_08-39-31.png

If you want to read more about how the anti-reflective coatings work, click this.

Get new glasses.

No, not being sarcastic, I'm serious. Get new glasses with an anti-reflective coating put on.

Checking where I get my glasses, zennioptical, you can get a new pair with an anti-reflective layer for less than $12.00 (USD). Just upload your prescription, enter in your PD (pupilary distance) and tell it you want that coating. Takes about two weeks to get them. (They have a get started section that explains PD.)

View attachment 78730

If you want to read more about how the anti-reflective coatings work, click this.
While I agree that people should get the AR coating, it's not a 100% fix. I have it on all of my glasses but lights still show at certain angles:

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 9.13.25 AM.png

Same. I’ve got the anti reflective coating too but I’ve switched fully over to contacts while camming because the glare just drives me nuts.

Reactions: Mila_
Get new glasses.

View attachment 78730

I have tried this. Didn't do shit for the level of light required for cam lighting.

Get new glasses.

View attachment 78730

This is totally unrelated to glasses glare (though I suffer from it badly for clips - especially when wearing fake glasses) but THANK YOU I've been trying to remember that site forever. Gonna see if it's cheaper than buying in store here in NZ. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.