AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

My gold shows are almost always explicit. I charge $5 and usually set the show to last anywhere from 6-8min. Its my experience that guys joining gold shows want a quick/cheap nut and I don’t have near as much luck if I price mine $7+ or longer than 10-12min. Keep at it, youll figure out what works for you.

Upvote 0
@CurvyJ I rarely have success with gold shows. I offer them maybe one day a month, and even then it can be rare to get one to goal. I find that a lot of people wait until the very last minute to join, so the entire countdown process is a bit of a struggle, and it's hard to find a sweet spot. I always feel like I end up being an auctioneer and that kills my mood, lol.

If I have a few regs in the room, who are talking but not taking me private (I never ask for shows, I try to keep a chill hangout vibe going, because sometimes people want to say hi or catch up without feeling pressured to have a show) I'll throw on a gold show (like 5g for 7 mins 100 goal) and usually have success, and then new people usually join because the regs all quickly buy in. But honestly, even that is maybe a once every couple months thing.

When I started on sm, it took a while for my earnings to be consistent, even tho I was putting in long hours. Keep your head up!

Upvote 0
I just read the 'beginner' guide Streamate have on their website and while it's been helpful, there are some things I'm a bit ''meh'' about and would like your opinion :

First, they encourage us to 'regularly' communicate with the users through messaging, even suggesting to send pictures. (Well they might not implicitely say 'regularly' but that's how I understood it) And I'm like........dude why would I want to spend my personal time chit-chatting with those guys FOR FREE? Why?! Do any of you really follow that kind of advice? I mean, I don't have any problem with answering some messages, especially if we're talking about regs who are serious about this and all, but yeah...Also wondering if most users will expect that kind of availability from me?

Second, they say they can use any video we upload on their website for whatever use they see fit. Should this be worrying? I mean, I wouldn't be happy with them using parts of my not-free videos for promotional uses...do they do that?

Thanks for any input ladies :cat:

Upvote 0
Second, they say they can use any video we upload on their website for whatever use they see fit. Should this be worrying? I mean, I wouldn't be happy with them using parts of my not-free videos for promotional uses...do they do that?

I only upload my 4+ year old videos for sale for this reason. If they sell, bonus money! If they get used for promo, I've already made plenty off them, I don't care as much.

Reactions: Lunasha
Upvote 0
I just uploaded 17 vids today and 15 of them are explicit, and I tried to choose explicit, but now they're under review for being non explicit. Do you think they'll just change it automatically?:dead:

Also, I'm an idiot and made so many of my vids watermarked just in the corner with my Twitter handle. So I have 60 vids and probably only 20 of those are not watermarked *face palm* I can't post those with the watermark, right? Maybe I could edit them to cover the watermark because they may or may not still be in my phone/computer

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
Also, I'm an idiot and made so many of my vids watermarked just in the corner with my Twitter handle. So I have 60 vids and probably only 20 of those are not watermarked *face palm* I can't post those with the watermark, right? Maybe I could edit them to cover the watermark because they may or may not still be in my phone/computer

Re-watermark them in bigger, bolder font with your SM name, right over the Twitter handle. I've done it with the few I watermarked that way and they accepted it.

Upvote 0
Hello lovelies! I took about 3 years off but will be returning very soon. My account is approved, I just got my computer, next is my cam and lighting. I am sooooo nervous, how did you guys get over the jitters and just stream? Also, how do I get text over my feed, is that manycam? The last time I cammed models weren't doing that on sm. So much has changed it's got me very nervscited

Upvote 0
Oh one more question!

4. Is there any way to record my stream? I’ve read a few responses where models are having problems syncing audio and video, so I’d like to make sure that isn’t happening to me. I had one or two customers mention it’s happening so I’m pretty nervous about that.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

I’ve been camming on SM for over a year now but I just recently found ACF and it’s a huge help. I read through this whole thread and I still have a couple questions:

1. How do I get more people to stay in premium? It seems I make the most money when have 2-3 guys in premium but once I’ve started a premium show with a member nobody else wants to join, or they will pop in for one minute then leave.

2. Do you think my rates are too low? I’m at $2.50 premium/$3.00 exclusive. I feel like they should be higher but then I get less popular if I raise them. I’m a trans girl, a 5-Star model, I offer anal in premium, and cater to a lot of niche fetishes. I feel like people take it for granted that I do anal though and it’s very taxing on my part.

3. Have prices gone down recently? I’ve seen a lot of models recommending 3.99-4.99 for a starting rate. That seems very high to me and when I view other models on SM most people charge around 2.99 for premium. So have prices gone down since this thread was made?

Upvote 0
I've never charged less than 3.99 premium and 5.99 excl. and I don't even do anal. and don't let them direct in premium. so small toys or clit play. if they want to direct or use dildos. exclusive.

Upvote 0
Hi there @AnnaWasted ! Welcome to the forum. :h:

My prices are 5.99 premium/8.99 exclusive. At first I felt an initial slow down-some guys didn't frequent me as often, other guys never mentioned me increasing it and still took me private. First time I raised it I chickened out and switched it back after a few days. This tim around I commited to it and it's been over a month now with my higher rates & I'm really happy with them. I do get a lot more respectful regulars at higher rates. Idk why but the lower prices brought out a lot of demanding jerks who seemed to just want me to hurt my body. So don't be afraid to raise your rates and stick it out through the slowness a bit. For something very strenuous like anal, I would recommend only doing it in a block show or exclusive so you don't tire youself out. I started doing that with my big dildos and have a lot more mileage on my body and energy to stay on longer. I haven't noticed any prices going down. Just general slowness across the site reported by multiple models.

Upvote 0
3. Have prices gone down recently? I’ve seen a lot of models recommending 3.99-4.99 for a starting rate. That seems very high to me and when I view other models on SM most people charge around 2.99 for premium. So have prices gone down since this thread was made?
<

I started on SM 1 week ago and my rates are 5.99 for both premium and exclusive. In fact I wanted to have my Exclusive set up at 7,99 but SM wouldn't let me. No one complained of my prices (litterally no one) and I made a lot of money. So I would suggest to anyone to set their price at the rate they are comfortable and happy with and go from there. I believe it's better to start higher than lower tbh and ultimately lower if it really doesn't work out. (I'm already on Chaturbate too and same thing my rates are on the higher ends and never been a problem or too much complaints).

Upvote 0
Thank you so much!!! I increased them to $3.99 premium and 5.99 exclusive. Also, now I only offer my large dildo in block sessions. I got on today and I did get less total shows but I still maintained the same $/hr. I noticed it weeded out a lot of the demanding cheapos, so my mood stayed better throughout te stream and I didn’t wear myself out so fast.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much!!! I increased them to $3.99 premium and 5.99 exclusive. Also, now I only offer my large dildo in block sessions. I got on today and I did get less total shows but I still maintained the same $/hr. I noticed it weeded out a lot of the demanding cheapos, so my mood stayed better throughout te stream and I didn’t wear myself out so fast.

YESSSS WORK SMARTER! NOT HARDER! :D I suggest raising that private up a dollar more.

Upvote 0

I'm so happy for you! :D Glad your shift went well :party:

Upvote 0
I just got verified on streamate and am really struggling with all the settings and site layout. I'm new and started on Chaturbate recently but had a very rough start. I don't want the same to happen with Streamate, so I'm trying to find just basic Streamate 101 type instructions for getting your room set up and people into it. Is there any kind of tutorial (I find Streamate's lacking) with all this info in one place? This thread has bits and pieces but it can be hard to get a full picture.

I've got the encoder set up and I'm ready to stream but no idea how anything works in the chat, how to add tags, how it looks to people browsing, etc. I'd like everything on the technical side set up to work properly and attract people, because I really messed that up on my first couple chaturbate shows.

Upvote 0
I just got verified on streamate and am really struggling with all the settings and site layout. I'm new and started on Chaturbate recently but had a very rough start. I don't want the same to happen with Streamate, so I'm trying to find just basic Streamate 101 type instructions for getting your room set up and people into it. Is there any kind of tutorial (I find Streamate's lacking) with all this info in one place? This thread has bits and pieces but it can be hard to get a full picture.

I've got the encoder set up and I'm ready to stream but no idea how anything works in the chat, how to add tags, how it looks to people browsing, etc. I'd like everything on the technical side set up to work properly and attract people, because I really messed that up on my first couple chaturbate shows.

https://streamatehelp.com/getting-started/ has a lot of good information if you go through all of the articles!

Upvote 0

Well I don't think there is as much as there is on CB. Once you have the encoder set up anyway, which you say you have. Streamate's "new" status lasts a month. There are no bots or apps. Tags are given to you by members. You should set up a personal account and browse the site if you really want to know how the users experience it. Attracting people is very different on SM, most people aren't putting on shows, more like sitting around trying to sell exclusives and premium. I suggest watching a few girls and see how it is. Feel free to private message me with questions or come see me live.

Upvote 0
Well I don't think there is as much as there is on CB. Once you have the encoder set up anyway, which you say you have. Streamate's "new" status lasts a month. There are no bots or apps. Tags are given to you by members. You should set up a personal account and browse the site if you really want to know how the users experience it. Attracting people is very different on SM, most people aren't putting on shows, more like sitting around trying to sell exclusives and premium. I suggest watching a few girls and see how it is. Feel free to private message me with questions or come see me live.

Thanks, that would actually be super helpful. When do you stream? Also I didn't realize you couldn't choose your own tags, so that clears that one up!

Upvote 0
Thanks, that would actually be super helpful. When do you stream? Also I didn't realize you couldn't choose your own tags, so that clears that one up!
I am on now I just got on and I stay minimum 4 hours, same time nightly, be prepared I am sick this week lol and I am not claiming to be the best of the best just someone comfortable with other cam girls watching her

Upvote 0

i advise using obs over smb. sm is a lot different than cb. it's about placement. ask support to give you the break button and to set your profile pic to static instead of capturing. recommend trying to have profile pic that will stand out and best represents you. may it be personality, sex appeal, or your best feature. make that the picture people come in specifically for.

just want to expand a little more.
Tags are given to you by members.

yes! don't be afraid to ask for tags,favorites, ratings and comments too. if a member compliments something about you, thank them and politely ask if they can tag you that. favorites too. after shows, when the guy sticks around thanking you, ask him to please rate you 5 stars and comment. i always mention how it will help me out a lot. if you have a hard time getting comments and ratings, you can offer a video as thank you for 5 stars. if a member gives a 3 or lower rating, message support asking to remove it. you will get undeserving ones when you turn down shows sometimes or silent guys who are giving zero feedback. support is sympathetic, and won't fight you if you were reasonable.

You should set up a personal account
sign up under your cammodels link (yourcamname.cammodels.com) so if you tip models, you'll get 20% back. also use that link for social media.

last thing, please make sure you understand the CoD and performer agreement rules. streamate is structured very different from chaturbate. please, please, please no below the belt nudity in free chat.

oh and don't be afraid to charge more than you did on CB. you are getting 35%, remember :).

hope that little run down is helpful, i'm sure you will get it more once you start camming. you got it bb :D

Upvote 0
oh and don't be afraid to charge more than you did on CB. you are getting 35%, remember :).

How I wish that could be possible lol! I'm still getting almost 1$ less per minute than I am on CB because SM won't let new girls set their prices as they like. I wrote them an e-mail yesterday explaining that I made more than 1000$ in 1 week and got a bunch of 5-star ratings, so what more do they expect from me before they'll allow me to raise my rates? Still waiting for an answer, fingers crossed and hoping I won't lose my shit if they deny me again! :grumpy:

• Hugs
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How I wish that could be possible lol! I'm still getting almost 1$ less per minute than I am on CB because SM won't let new girls set their prices as they like. I wrote them an e-mail yesterday explaining that I made more than 1000$ in 1 week and got a bunch of 5-star ratings, so what more do they expect from me before they'll allow me to raise my rates? Still waiting for an answer, fingers crossed and hoping I won't lose my shit if they deny me again! :grumpy:

Messgae support, ask them to raise your rates. It's just stuck on default setting. If not I have someone you message to raise your rates.

Upvote 0
Messgae support, ask them to raise your rates. It's just stuck on default setting. If not I have someone you message to raise your rates.

Oh but I already did :( They told me they won't raise my rates since I'm ''not established yet''. And that's even if I told them that I was not a 'total newbie'. Now it's been only a week, but I made so much money that I will be really pissed if they still say no (I wrote another e-mail to them, still waiting for an answer).

Upvote 0
Oh but I already did :( They told me they won't raise my rates since I'm ''not established yet''. And that's even if I told them that I was not a 'total newbie'. Now it's been only a week, but I made so much money that I will be really pissed if they still say no (I wrote another e-mail to them, still waiting for an answer).

This is bullshit. Dming you.

Reactions: Lunasha
Upvote 0