AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Having not seen the movies I can guarantee Edward Woodward in the 1985 CBS series was better in every way. That was great TV for its time.

This is a couple years after CBS shut down their radio dramas, which were darker than any of their TV before or since. I can't help but wonder if those staffs got reassigned and made CBS relevant in drama for a little while. Actually "Mike Hammer" (1984) fits the CBS Radio Mystery Theater staff perfectly - and "Murder She Wrote" (1984) a small town in Maine where someone is murdered each week. Stephen King never killed so many at home. CBS TV was good for awhile. Now we get "Young Sheldon" and "Wheel of Fortune" reruns over here at Sandpiper Crossings.

I haven't seen the first movie. But, the second was a bit of a different storyline than the movies. He does help people. But, it also had a personal storyline as well that I don't remember from the TV show. I remember the CBS shows you mentioned, and I enjoyed all of them. Definitely was a lot better programming back in the day.

I guess so, but one of the reasons I love Westerns and old Samurai movies, is that they have a journey in them. You can cut from a long shot to a close up, and tell a story.
Very true. The issue, if you want to call it that, I have with Young Guns (and more so with YG2) is that it really was a product of the time it was released. The story was good. But, I think it was more about the actors and their personalities (or typecast), than it was about the story. Was kind of a "Who's who" of the young actors of the time.

Along the same lines, but more related to the type of direction/action, is what I feel is the downfall to The Musketeer and it's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" style of fight scenes. I'm also dreading the new Robin Hood movie because of much the same injection of modern day activism, clothing, etc. While there's always a bit of this, I think some movies really do a disservice to the story by bringing too much current influence into it.

I didn't like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It was a re-make of the Whooxa Genre, of flying with strings. In addition Chow Yun Fatt is a gun action actor, not a martial artist. I loved him in the John Woo films much better. One of my favorite all time horror-comedy-kung fu movies from the 80's, is Chinese Ghost Story, by Tsui-Hark, stands the test of time.

Yesterday I watched "The man from earth" and wow that's very deep and made me wonder. Oldie but goodie

I've never heard of this, and the previews looks good. Thanks. :)

Looks like there's two movies of it now.

Narcos Mexico, it’s okay so far.

Currently three episodes in. I have to say first episode moved a bit slow, but episode 2 turned the corner for me fast. I only stopped watching episodes tonight to do some reading on the Sinaloa Cartel, and reading makes my eyes heavier so I can go to bed. But, yeah I think this will be a solid story arc.

I didn't quite realize this was that "Kiki" until the last half of the first episode.

Currently three episodes in. I have to say first episode moved a bit slow, but episode 2 turned the corner for me fast. I only stopped watching episodes tonight to do some reading on the Sinaloa Cartel, and reading makes my eyes heavier so I can go to bed. But, yeah I think this will be a solid story arc.

I didn't quite realize this was that "Kiki" until the last half of the first episode.
Enrique "Kiki" Camarena is considered to be the big bang case by many researchers and journalists.I recommend non fiction works by the following journalists:
Roberto Saviano, Anabel Hernandez, and Ioan Grillo.
Alfredo Corchado from Dallas is also a good writer.

There are no more gangsters in this scene, only gangster CEOs.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MDouble00
I just saw Creed II tonight. It had me on the edge of my seat, and I loved it!

Was trying to see it asap before some jackass online posts spoilers and give away the whole movie.

Amazon's "Patriot" - season 2 just dropped, been awhile since it came out in 2015 so I went back to refresh with the pilot and find myself watching the first season again. It's a dark comedy/drama that plays with other styles while driving a serious narrative. Doesn't demand your attention to follow, yet draws it with interesting supporting characters.

Ryan Eggold (formerly Tom Keen on The Blacklist) is amazing as Dr. Max Goodwin on New Amsterdam. I just finished watching the latest episode of New Amsterdam online, and that ending...OMG. Gotta wait til January for it to come back on.

Peppermint

I watched the trailer for this and actually forgot about it but then decided to watch it when I saw it available.
I really enjoy movies like this a lot more, I think. The fact I have NO expectations from it, allows me to rally enjoy it more. This movie was so fantastic.

Reactions: Gen
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2. Loved the first season: an American in Paris contrast to start this one.

Bit more absurd than history realism to start, but I dug that. The style, the characters, all so much more than stickboard network stuff.

Apparently in Paris it rains just enough nobody ever gets wet hair, but the streets are always shining. What the hell, I like it.

Aquaman! Oh my gosh, it was so much fun. I still can’t believe an Aquaman movies exists. Most of the characters were like, ripped from the pages of the comics. And Atlantis was so cool. I can’t wait to see it again, I’m hoping to see it in imax next time.

@DFT Ive only seen the first couple episodes of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel but it’s delightful. I want to watch more!

Reactions: n_i_c_u
Tonight I watched Bird Box on Netflix. I read the book and it was a relatively good adaptation (a few changes, and I think the tone was overall less grim). Sandra Bullock is always amazing, and in general the cast was stacked and great. I didn’t know BD Wong was in it but he’s always a pleasant surprise :p overall I’d say worth a watch!

Aquaman! Oh my gosh, it was so much fun. I still can’t believe an Aquaman movies exists. Most of the characters were like, ripped from the pages of the comics. And Atlantis was so cool. I can’t wait to see it again, I’m hoping to see it in imax next time.

I can't believe an Aquaman movie could be soooo good. So many more popular characters in the DC universe but Aquaman is ruling!

When I was a kid I wanted the Aquaman underoos. I thought he was the coolest Super Friend.

Last edited:
So I've started "Black Lightning"

What the shit with the low ratings? A superhero who's old enough to shave? +1 (Oliver Queen doesn't count, that's makeup) With a family, not a girlfriend of the season? +1 Has a job in the real world? +0.5 (ok Supergirl and Flash do too). Is doing good through that real world job? +5 Kicks badguy ass saving his city? +1

I'll just say many of the parts about race are rare, and shouldn't be.

Im half way through HIMYM, hoping it doesn't end as badly as everyone says it does.

I don't want to spoil a future episode but there is a comment I'm dying to make just from reading that.

It took me awhile to start watching the show again after the finale. But, I came around and at least watch my favorites from the beginning of the series. I just watched the Limo last night which has kind of been my post NYE ritual for a couple of years now. The early seasons of the show are amazing. I look forward to seeing how you come out on the otherside of this show. For me, I'm one of those people who think it ended badly. It was quite possibly going to go down as my favorite show and then the final season came and with it the finale.

But, I digress.

I just finished Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. It wasn't the typical Black Mirror mind fuck that I expected, but it was a fun idea. I think in doses especially with Black Mirror that a choose your own adventure concept can be quite welcoming for the series. That said there was at least one sequence that I think was fun because it really made you realize how ridiculous you were being with options.

Reactions: Anatomica Doll
finished castle rock not too long ago. currently in the midst of watching a j-drama from 2005 called gokusen, and also i intend to start up season three of mr. robot soon!

Venom

Can't say i share the same enthusiasm with those who loved it. Personally i thought it was dreadful. First 30 minutes were painfully dull and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the movie. As repetitive as the superhero origin story has become, this one felt exceptionally generic above the average generic.

Reactions: DFT