AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips to Avoid Stalkers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I've just compiled a list of tips to help avoid stalkers and people of that nature.

This list was created in order to help models keeping their information private and avoid nosy and/or nefarious people.

Note: Many of these require a person to already have some information for the tip to be

relevant.

• Make your cam name completely different from your real one. Not even a name that is similar to yours. Completely. Different.
  • Do not, under any circumstances, give any personal information to anyone. Not even if the person is a very close friend and has known you since day one.
  • Create a completely different email as well. Sites like Spokeo can be used to find names that are associated with social media accounts.
  • Turn off Geo-Tagging on social media accounts. Seems obvious, but often forgotten.
  • Do not mention personal/private events you are going to, such as weddings or funerals.
  • Do not mention weather events such as thunderstorms or blizzards. A person can simply look at a radar and see where it’s snowing or raining.
  • Do not post photos with popular or significant landmarks in the background.
  • Do not use Skype. Just don’t, it’s stupid. Models often sell them for cheaper than private show rates anyway, which is even more stupid.
  • Do not celebrate your birthday on your actual birthday. Pick any other date other than your actual birthday. People can use your birthdate to cross-reference with other pieces of information.
  • Do not use an Amazon Wishlist. Instead, you make one without your address or name attached and have potential patrons send you a gift card so you can purchase the item(s).
  • Archive.org has a tool known as the WayBack Machine. This tool archives any webpage publicly available if requested to do so. Many members use it to archive profile pages and such. You can call or email their support to see if they will remove the archived pages.
  • Do not post the same photos from your personal social media on your SW social media. Reverse image search can often find identical photos posted on the internet.
  • Do not post photos with photographers’ watermarks on them. Someone can find that photographer, and inquire about the “model” in the photo. Some photographers will refuse to give any information on the model, some will gladly give you their contact information, thinking they are helping the model in some way.
  • Selling Whatsapp or something similar is really just a poor idea in general. Someone can simply look up the number and find your country, region, and in rare cases, name.

Feel free to add your own. I plan on expanding this as more come to mind. The full google doc can be found here.

[deleted by Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
For studiomodels do not like the page of your studio or any posts they make
Make your fb profile for friends only and make sure not to use a pic from yourself as profile pic
Check your coworkers if they have their friendslist and profile screened off in case not don`t add them
whatsapp can be sold but only when you use a 2nd phone with prepaid card in it this prevents backtracing and only have whatsapp installed on that phone and non of your social media

Do not use Skype. Just don’t, it’s stupid. Models often sell them for cheaper than private show rates anyway, which is even more stupid

Indie payout is more usually. Models who also sell skype lower normally aren't stupid. It's a sales tactic.

The reason why you shouldn't, because Microsoft may connect any private information. A great alternative is discord

At first I kinda eye rolled at the obvious nature of this list, but then I remembered one time I excitedly talked about getting tickets to a big music festival in free chat. months later a random person in my room had told me they went to the festival hoping to see me and meet me (a festival with thousands of people...). Creeped me the eff out.

Indie payout is more usually. Models who also sell skype lower normally aren't stupid. It's a sales tactic.

The reason why you shouldn't, because Microsoft may connect any private information. A great alternative is discord

Not just that, but Skype has a long history of having zero days vulnerabilities. And also getting people's IP address.
Opening links from people can give away IP.
Clicking on Google Drive links while signed into a google account can give away your Google Account info.

Clicking on Google Drive links while signed into a google account can give away your Google Account info.
I deleted the one in OP because yeah.

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
The full google doc can be found here.

[deleted by Admin]

I deleted the one in OP because yeah.

I didn't even see the link. :facepalm:
Could always block drive.google.com , docs.google.com , sheets.google.com , slides.google.com .
Then again, people might wrap it in a short URL.

Use a trust worthy VPN service.

• Also have to test if the VPN is leaking your IP.
  • If your going to open a links using incognito mode, so there is less risk of them trying to pull some data using auto complete, or mining your cookies. (but this does mean your VPN has to be at system level and nor browser level)
  • Also watch out for short URLs. Because you don't know they really go.

• Also add, don't use the same or similar password for anything. Everything should be a completely different password.
  • Setup 2 step when ever possible.
  • Don't use your cam email address for anything none cam related.

I've been trying to get started on discord too. How do you accept payment for discord shows? I was thinking of using sky private for Skype, but they don't have that for discord

I've been trying to get started on discord too. How do you accept payment for discord shows? I was thinking of using sky private for Skype, but they don't have that for discord
Cammodel Directory and IndieBill

Selling Whatsapp or something similar is really just a poor idea in general. Someone can simply look up the number and find your country, region, and in rare cases, name.

Going through OurLittleSecret to sell whatsapp, when the customer pays, it creates a group chat between you where you can't see each other's number. Alternatively, use a burner number.

Reactions: tekwolf
Don't show anything on cam thats a local/regional product. (example: local food for example with logos/names on the packaging, store brand items belonging to a smaller more scattered chain)
Don't discuss nearby locations. (example: I live 2 miles from the beach)
Don't discuss services available in your area. (Dominos pizza is the only pizza place that delivers here, the only internet options I have in this area are spectrum and windstream)

:) even my public mail is not google or windows affiliate. I use my provider's account only for kind of official registrations (ie in here)

I've found (advertising mode) a nice, anonymous, anti spy, privacy friendly (hiding source ip ie) mail service using tutanota.com

Status
Not open for further replies.