AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

🍒fresh project bringing new wind to the webcam industry

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Brit ,

I see your point and thank you for sharing it. I've got similar suggestions when it comes to cam models vs competing (after we went out with this competition idea).

Still, If there is an opportunity to get more visibility and the model wants, enjoys, or even adores to be seen on the landing page as a Cherry Model, she can share the pictures. It's a decision. It's not meant to be a die hard competition.

Every our model is welcome to share her "book" with me for any future promos/contests or come up with an idea about it.

I want to take good care of our models and I want to know them better too. We have this Cherry Discord Channel with our loyal models (and new ones incoming) and they show excitement with the competition.
If the model wants to keep a low profile, she can (and I know some have reasons to do), but with nowadays social media and different traffic opportunities to grow your business, it would be a pity not to grab some.

Can you tell me more about the "backlash against ManyVids" please?

I was making a more generalized statement. The competition for your landing page is fine and it's a nice gesture to provide a professional photo shoot. With the discussion of "leagues" in this comment, it just concerned me a little to see a competition immediately starting upon the launch of the site. It's priming people for more competitions later on and I don't really want to be part of a site that pits models against each other. I haven't signed up for your site yet, even though I am actually really excited about it, because I'm trying to get a feel for how it's going to be ran.

The MV thing is a long story. Basically MV has made some terrible choices and decisions over the years and people have reached a breaking point with their most recent change. Here's a public thread from here, some more info, more info, and there's much more.

ManyVids isn't the only site severely putting models off due to over contesting.

Although I did hear models liked the contests AVN Stars used to run. So a lot probably depends on how you guys decide to run these contests, and the logistics.

The gist of the problem w the sites that are overdoing it with contests is that they are doing it in such a way, where it's encouraging a race to the bottom.
They are encouraging and allowing models to be so cutthroat w competition and prices, that all of us want to give up even working during contests because our average hourly is so , so, SO down. And it's no secret that many models will work contest times only, then abandon the sites the rest of the month. This leads to a lot of server issues and glitches during contests too, which can be both frustrating for models and their regular members.

It's at a point with several sites where many of us just refuse to work contest times. I don't see how this can be profitable for the sites themselves, or the models, when we should be working in partnership together towards the same goal.

However, like I said, I think the details and logistics in how contests are done, matter a lot in that regard.
At this point, even the C-word is triggering for some of us. Because they've just been SO, SO, SO overdone. They took what could be a fun exciting thing, and wrung it to total death.

Last edited:
Hey @Brit and @EliMarie717,

Appreciate the feedback. I agree that Contests/competitions can sometimes be double-edged swords and the landing page event could probably have been done better.

That being said, I'm actually really interested to hear what models think about competitions/events on the live product.

An example of a type of event we are thinking about for the platform is, for example, an event around a major holiday.

Let's take Halloween for example. We would create a few special gifts (Jack-O-Lanterns, Candy Corn, Ghosts, etc.) and have a leaderboard for the number of those gifts received, with prizes for the top 10/20/50 models.

While this can, in fact, feel like competition... at the same time from our past experience, it also statistically increases revenue for models across the board, often times quite significantly. It gives viewers an increased incentive to tip their favorite models, and they can "see" the model moving up the leaderboards as they do so and they have clear, quantifiable goals in front of them.

One way we could make competitions be on a more level playing field is by tiering the prizes into level brackets (for example model levels 1-20 are a bracket, 21-40 are a bracket, etc.) This way smaller models still have a shot and aren't always in competition with the top 10.

I feel that competitions can help increase revenue a lot, but also do fear it may breed some toxicity. While friendly competition when everyone is in performance mode is great, we hope that behind the scenes things can remain friendly, as we're all in the same boat.

Hey @Brit and @EliMarie717,

While this can, in fact, feel like competition... at the same time from our past experience, it also statistically increases revenue for models across the board, often times quite significantly.

I feel that competitions can help increase revenue a lot
Well if you can actually make this come true (for models anyways, not just site owners only), and have it be more than just words or feelings, you'd be the first to do so. So it will be interesting to see how you would plan your contests.
I was kinda interested in your site. However, I'll be real also, if it's going down the every month contest route, probably not so much anymore.
Just being honest. Hopefully, you organize yours differently than has already been so, so, so overdone.

Last edited:
@EliMarie717 This post has actually given me quite a bit of insight.

Thinking about how contests could be done in different ways. (I.e. for all of the gamer nerds out there - PvP vs PvE).

Aside from the typical leaderboard contests (PvP), we could also run some more 'PvE' contests, such as site-wide goals (tokens or otherwise), where upon meeting certain thresholds, everyone that participated could be rewarded somehow.

I think it will be important to have an event cadence for sure, but not the same type of event each time.

One way we could make competitions be on a more level playing field is by tiering the prizes into level brackets (for example model levels 1-20 are a bracket, 21-40 are a bracket, etc.) This way smaller models still have a shot and aren't always in competition with the top 10.

If you must have contests, this is the way to do it.

I've participated in one contest and it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I probably won't ever do so again. Of course everyone is different and I'm sure that there are people out there who love contests.

I feel that competitions can help increase revenue a lot, but also do fear it may breed some toxicity.
The fact that you acknowledge this sets you miles ahead of the game already.

This would be absolutely ideal.

My history with competition on cam sites is with MFC, where the only one is monthly Miss MFC, based solely on the amount of tokens earned. There are no brackets, so girls who have a much lower camscore (low hourly token income) have a very big struggle competing with the high camscore girls (who bring in tens of thousands of tokens per hour on a usual basis already.) If they had brackets of models by camscore, it could drastically change the demoralization factor for the lower score girls. The Miss MFC competition likely brings them an epic truckload more spending than any other thing on the site though! So as per your previous comment I quoted, I do think it's necessary. Just needs to be done right if you don't want models disgruntled about it.

@EliMarie717 This post has actually given me quite a bit of insight.

Thinking about how contests could be done in different ways. (I.e. for all of the gamer nerds out there - PvP vs PvE).

Aside from the typical leaderboard contests (PvP), we could also run some more 'PvE' contests, such as site-wide goals (tokens or otherwise), where upon meeting certain thresholds, everyone that participated could be rewarded somehow.
I'll admit I don't know what a lot of this phraseology means.
But if AmberCutie and Brit say that it means good things and contests that are more likely to be actually fun and engaging for everyone, then that is good enough for me.
Sounds like your fresh approach is really welcome, and could be really cool 👍

I think it will be important to have an event cadence for sure, but not the same type of event each time.
Oh Thank God you are thinking like/about this!

I'll admit I don't know what a lot of this phraseology means.
But if AmberCutie and Brit say that it means good things and contests that are more likely to be actually fun and engaging for everyone, then that is good enough for me.
Sounds like your fresh approach is really welcome, and could be really cool 👍

Oh Thank God you are thinking like/about this!
PvP would be player vs player (model vs model), PvE would be player vs environment (model vs cherrys site-wide goals i guess)

PvP would be player vs player (model vs model), PvE would be player vs environment (model vs cherrys site-wide goals i guess)
Thank you. I'm sure I can't be the only one grateful for the clarification on that. Saved me some research.

Reactions: GoddessV
Hi everyone,

The winner of our Model Contest, Natalie, has been announced yesterday on our Launch Day :)
I've shared more info to the "contest" thread: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/face-of-our-landing-page

Thank you for all the reactions and tips related to contests/competitions. Reading the thread, I'm definitely seeing @redcherry coming up with "league" type of "events" :p

Anyway, Natalia shared with us that she never won anything and it was quite cute to find out she is genuinely happy about the win. I'm glad it does have this effect in the end.

Can't help but revive this post after all the original fuss. I have been keeping an eye on it and I have yet to see a single model get a tip or more than a few viewers in any of the very few rooms available.

What incentive do you offer to models to even log on? (hint - pay them until traffic does!)

With so few models online, why would paying traffic stick around?

Where are you getting traffic?

Is there a plan to bring quality paying traffic to the site?

Can't help but revive this post after all the original fuss. I have been keeping an eye on it and I have yet to see a single model get a tip or more than a few viewers in any of the very few rooms available.

What incentive do you offer to models to even log on? (hint - pay them until traffic does!)

With so few models online, why would paying traffic stick around?

Where are you getting traffic?

Is there a plan to bring quality paying traffic to the site?

Hi @GoddessV

Cherry.tv remains in a Beta version during the August month as well. We are successfully pilling up the kinks and constantly adding on new features.It's not in our interest to fill the platform with hundreds of individual models while in Beta and yes the studio models are paid an hourly fee :wasntme: .

We have a huge traffic inventory(and there is soft traffic on the site already), we have media, we have strong marketing... Everything has its right time. We are not conversion focused atm, we want to elaborate all the functions well and minimize (to zero :)) the occasional stream problems before anything big.

You can't see much of the engagement in the chatrooms, that data is hidden to the guests and even to registered users when riding around the rooms. Just recently (about 2 days ago we allow to see the last few messages). If you are our verified model, you would see every new feature, bug fixes and update in our Discord Channel. We are transparent to our models.

However, the models who are with us from the start or joined the platform recently are getting what I call a "boutique experience".

I'm getting in touch with every model and inviting her to join our Discord Channel. I want our models to profit from being early platform adopters. I'm always asking for pictures or other content for the promotion. The Cherry team is sending traffic straight to the model chatrooms too. Some of our models are nominated for the industry award or appearing around the industry mags. Soon I'm ready to start sending our merch out to our models too. It's all about communication and consistency.

• Hugs
Reactions: Diana_Devil
yes the studio models are paid an hourly fee :wasntme: .

and now I can finally say it publicly....that studio you're paying is just unbelievably bad, I can't believe they filled up the model list with the same topic, I can't believe that studio monitor burned woody like that. This is the perfect example of what can go horribly wrong when you pay models to broadcast and they put forth the bare minimum in effort.

Edit: I know its a beta and I know you couldn't have known that studio was going to be that bad but jeez first impressions are important.

I can't believe they filled up the model list with the same topic

"Come and let's have fun together?" Yeah, I see that too right now.

Reactions: GoddessV
Can anyone name a webcam site that launched like a meteorite and keeps on burning? Cast the first stone of you can, because I can’t. Every single one of them, freemium, premium, or hybrid, had the challenge of tying the knots between members and models at the same time. It’s better to have a beta version than to “un-sell” your brand by pumping traffic frantically. Optimization is done over time, and receiving grills and criticism is a part of it. So far, they seem like people with a longevity plan, and not a horny get rich pitch:)

game designers are really, really good at monetization, especially in the era of free-to-play mobile games. Considering the company only earns money when models earn money, it's in our best interest to do everything we can to maximize model revenue. This is something we believe models will start to see over the next 6-12 months.
oh.. joy.. loot boxes..

• Funny!
Reactions: GraysonDrake
Cherry.tv remains in a Beta version during the August month as well. We are successfully pilling up the kinks and constantly adding on new features.It's not in our interest to fill the platform with hundreds of individual models while in Beta and yes the studio models are paid an hourly fee :wasntme: .

This is confusing to me - all of your current models work for a studio? If so why did you come here while in beta and attempt to recruit independent models? You say you didn't want individual models? Even more confusing because that is not what this very thread says.

You can't see much of the engagement in the chatrooms, that data is hidden to the guests and even to registered users when riding around the rooms. Just recently (about 2 days ago we allow to see the last few messages). If you are our verified model, you would see every new feature, bug fixes and update in our Discord Channel. We are transparent to our models.

By engagement you mean "tipping" is hidden? I have been watching. Those models look bored out of their minds and not once have I seen them respond happily (or at all) to any engagement. As a user of camsites, this doesn't make me want to stick around. Glad you are changing the way it is viewed then, it looks bad to prospective users and potential models that there is nothing going on.

However, the models who are with us from the start or joined the platform recently are getting what I call a "boutique experience".

I'm getting in touch with every model and inviting her to join our Discord Channel. I want our models to profit from being early platform adopters. I'm always asking for pictures or other content for the promotion. The Cherry team is sending traffic straight to the model chatrooms too. Some of our models are nominated for the industry award or appearing around the industry mags. Soon I'm ready to start sending our merch out to our models too. It's all about communication and consistency.

All of this is meaningless to every model on this forum when you also said you only have studio models? Very confusing and you may want to clarify your plan to the models on this forum if you want a chance of any of us joining your site in the future. Do you want us to sign up now? If not, why make the big fuss here? If yes, then why should we when it seems to be no traffic and tips? Is there a certain point you plan to add independent models?

This is confusing to me - all of your current models work for a studio? If so why did you come here while in beta and attempt to recruit independent models?
Totally just guessing/assuming here, but likely they had to resort to making a deal with a studio to get at least some models on the site to test out their beta features because majority of independent models declined or were too hesitant to try out something in beta.

It's not unusual for a cam site or any other platform to start with certain deals. Do you know there are platforms to offer you a couple of hundred $$ just you to send them the content first? Do you know how dating sites are starting off? :)

We have a couple of deals with studios and studios are quite eager to work with Cherry. However, we are optimizing these relationships as we go. You might see a bored model one day, you might not necessarily see her the next day.
Around 20% of models online on the page are individual models. The number of verified individual models grows each day. Yes, we are onboarding the individual models slowly/but not pushy.

I know a lot of you are waiting for few features to be finished and so now it's not a moment for you to start and we completely understand. For us, this is the time to go through Beta and do our job right so you have the top platform with exclusive features.

We know time is money and so all models are welcome to multistream.

Models who stream & receiving tips are growing their model level = more revshare. The level status never reset!
(We have models on level 11 in just about a month)

https://support.cherry.tv/en/articles/what-is-the-revenue-share-on-cherry-tv

Totally just guessing/assuming here, but likely they had to resort to making a deal with a studio to get at least some models on the site to test out their beta features because majority of independent models declined or were too hesitant to try out something in beta.
This is correct. As Zuzana mentioned, the site is in beta and there are plenty of bugs and missing features, which we readily admit to. There is no way to find and fix many of those bugs without a certain amount of models and users on the site, so some deals must be made. We are pushing traffic but have not started adding too much gas to the fire quite yet. This will happen when those fixes/features are released.

We are building the platform with individual models in mind, and are grateful for the ones who have given us a shot at this stage. That being said, again as Zuzana mentioned, this is models' incomes we are talking about and don't expect anyone to jump ship in the near future. Just keep an eye on us ;)

The graphic showing the payout relation to tokens packages is a bit perplexing because the token rate of payout has nothing to do with how much members are paying for tokens, if I get tipped 1000 tokens the exchange rate is the same to me regardless of how they were purchased. Being transparent about your actual payout rates for each level would be really helpful. This is interesting info to members but it's not terribly pertinent to what I care about as a model.

I was considering asking for a discord invite to poke around and see if I wanted to try this, but just looking at the starting revenue share for lvl 1-10, I'm out. Lowest possible tier has to be at least as much as other sites are currently offering to make me want to take a risk on a new platform. This site won't have 1/10th the traffic I get on Chaturbate and taking an initial payout cut on top of it would really screw me financially. Even if I did it part time it would still be eating into potential work hours on another site, which would eat into my earning potential as well as my overall career growth. I get that you guys have to make money, but so do I.

It's a shame though because I really want to stream games on a site that isn't Stripchat that will also have Lovense integration, which I assume you're also working on.

I would suggest giving beta models a max payout boost from Day 1 for their time and dedication to testing your site and giving feedback on how the features are working. I would happily do this if I were actually getting compensated for my time, and I'm sure other models who are more experienced than I am would consider it as well if there were an actual incentive. Also treating models who might end up becoming your founding members well just seems like a smart business practice and a good investment, especially since those models would likely spread the word.

As of now what you're basically asking us to do is take a financial hit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.