AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

100 years ago

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT

Jan 18, 2016
At the whim of the wind
A long long time ago... In a galaxy that is our own, the United States of America entered WWI.

I'm old, increasingly realizing it by the day. Upside of that is I had the great privilege to stand with WWI veterans in my youth. Think what you want about that war, the next and since: those gentlemen went into the unknown to fight and endured more than we can imagine. I thank them today, and only wish it had been the war to end all wars they hoped for.

Dan Carlin's "Blueprint for Armageddon" really makes you appreciate the sheer hell that those people faced. It is scarce wonder the soldiers didn't fucking murder their commanders and generals for treating them like disposable fodder for their own glory.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT
Was just watching The Great War channel on Youtube where they finally got up to the first American shots in the war. Been an interesting channel to watch.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, they have been doing a weekly video in 'real time,' for almost three years now, highlighting all the events that happened each week, but 100 years ago. It's very detailed, explains why every country did what they did and what it was like. Highly recommended if you're a history buff at all. When it's all said and done it would be worth archiving as a masterclass in WWI history. I can't think of a more detailed reference out there.

They also have handy playlists all made up to watch previous shows in order.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

Yeah, 100 years old ago was 1917 and WWI was happening. My great-grandparents' siblings and fathers fought in the West Indian Regiment for the British Empire. World War One took a whole generation of men from my family because they fought in a war that had nothing to do with our culture. My maternal grandmother's mother(my great-grandmother) lost her father and brothers in that "great" war. They were fighting the Turks during the Palestine campaign. Strangely enough, she lost both her sons and husband in WWII. My paternal's grandfather's father( my great-grandfather) serve in both great worlds and he won a medal for bravery in WWI at 21. But he lost his father, two brothers, and all of his cousins in WWI.So, I will never forget those brave men and the brave women who held down the homefront in the great war.

Here is about the West Indian Regiment.

http://www.mgtrust.org/car1.htm

A long long time ago... In a galaxy that is our own, the United States of America entered WWI.

I'm old, increasingly realizing it by the day. Upside of that is I had the great privilege to stand with WWI veterans in my youth. Think what you want about that war, the next and since: those gentlemen went into the unknown to fight and endured more than we can imagine. I thank them today, and only wish it had been the war to end all wars they hoped for.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT
Status
Not open for further replies.