AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

20K followers gone after ability to broadcast was restored

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBR

Jul 30, 2021
A model I follow had her ability to broadcast restored but lost 20K followers. Many of them did not unfollow and had to refollow. Why would this happen? Is it something that can be restored by Chaturbate Support? She went from 30K followers down to 10K. @punker barbie if you can help with this question that would be great, thanks!

The model username is coyness_geneva and, no, she did not do any name change or account change that I know of. She simply returned to the platform after her ability to broadcast was restored and then saw she had lost so many followers. A bunch of users who said they did not unfollow her had to follow her again. I don't see anything on cbhours but maybe I am not looking in the right place for it.

Upvote 0
The model username is coyness_geneva and, no, she did not do any name change or account change that I know of. She simply returned to the platform after her ability to broadcast was restored and then saw she had lost so many followers. A bunch of users who said they did not unfollow her had to follow her again. I don't see anything on cbhours but maybe I am not looking in the right place for it.

Did the model already email cb support and inquire? I don't think cb support would respond to inquiries from anyone but the model/studio.

I see it, this model went from 31817 followers on 6/22/2021 to 9985 on 12/23/2021 (you can look at older dates by clicking on the date range under the timezone).

You said she had her ability to broadcast restored, what prevented her from broadcasting? Did she delete her account perhaps? Did she quit a studio for a while and then later came back? Its possible the studio name changed her old one and gave her a different account they name changed?

Upvote 0
Did the model already email cb support and inquire? I don't think cb support would respond to inquiries from anyone but the model/studio.

I see it, this model went from 31817 followers on 6/22/2021 to 9985 on 12/23/2021 (you can look at older dates by clicking on the date range under the timezone).

You said she had her ability to broadcast restored, what prevented her from broadcasting? Did she delete her account perhaps? Did she quit a studio for a while and then later came back? Its possible the studio name changed her old one and gave her a different account they name changed?

I don't know if the model emailed CB support but I think so and as far as I can tell nothing happened because as you can see she's been back almost a month. I asked her about it now to see if she tried emailing them and will report back when I hear from her.

If that's the case, that she emailed CB support almost a month ago, then going that route was fruitless. My point to this thread is to see why this would happen and if it can be fixed.

The reason she was prevented from broadcasting was brought up in another thread here. Please look at that thread for more details on what prevented her from broadcasting.

Upvote 0
It appears CB removed her ability to broadcast then removed 20K followers that she worked so hard to obtain, when they restored her ability to broadcast.

This is not how someone who never broke a rule, was verified, and had been on the platform for more than a year should be treated.

It is yet another form of female abuse in a male dominated world.

Upvote 0
I heard back from Geneva and the ticket number for her email to CB support is 18802406.

@punker barbie why were 20K followers removed when her ability to broadcast was restored and why hasn't CB support answered her email inquiry on this issue?

Ticket number: 18802406
username: coyness_geneva

Upvote 0
The model will need to follow up herself, support won't discuss it with anyone else.
IDK, but how can she be certain that those followers didn't unfollow during the time she was offline?
If someone I followed was offline for 6 months, especially if their page said the account was banned, I'd probably unfollow eventually too, once it appeared to be a permanent situation.
And now they're returning, at least some may feel reluctant to admit tto her that they unfollowed.

Upvote 0
The model will need to follow up herself, support won't discuss it with anyone else.
IDK, but how can she be certain that those followers didn't unfollow during the time she was offline?
If someone I followed was offline for 6 months, especially if their page said the account was banned, I'd probably unfollow eventually too, once it appeared to be a permanent situation.
And now they're returning, at least some may feel reluctant to admit tto her that they unfollowed.

This. That would be unprofessional for Support to even be discussing the details of this with the op. The model is the one who needs to do the e-mailing, and any updates CB has about her account should be communicated to her...not to one of her followers..

Upvote 0
The model did email support and they haven't responded. She is OK with me asking about this here, I am in contact with her because I am her moderator. She gave me the ticket number. The users did not unfollow her because they followed her on the other site she streamed on during the 6 months she was away from Chaturbate so they would have no reason to lie about that. Some of them are in the fan club before and after this happened. If CB support had responded to her, I would not be here asking about this. This thread was started to find out why Chaturbate removed her followers and how to fix this problem and I didn't name the model until someone asked. The fact of the matter is that Chaturbate removed her followers and we want to know why and if they can be added back.

Upvote 0
Mod or not, they won't answer your request unless you're the model.
I don't understand why you seem to think you can vouch for all 20,000 'lost' followers, that none of them unfollowed.
Also don't see any reason why CB would selectively delete 2/3 of her previous followers, but leave 1/3 of them still following.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
They didn't answer the model either. I just posted that to show she reached out to them and didn't answer her. Thus why I am here and I already explained what happened RE: followers who did not unfollow that had to follow her again. Of course some users unfollowed but not 20K. Cb probably did this so she wouldn't be home page and get the kind of attention that lead to her losing her ability to broadcast. Her promo week went quite well. She got more followers in a week than she got in a year on her previous account.

Upvote 0
Cb probably did this so she wouldn't be home page and get the kind of attention that lead to her losing her ability to broadcast.
There are a lot of things about this thread that make no sense, but this suggestion is maybe the least sensical.

Upvote 0
Okay, well there's nothing else you can do, and CB isn't going to tell you anything except maybe their usual "I can confirm support has resolved the request" message.

Upvote 0
Yes it sucks for a model to have to rebuild a follower base.
But I think the conspiracy theory is unlikely.
Far more likely that those users just figured she would not be back on that account ever again, and stopped following.
On the whole, we viewers are a fickle bunch. Just look at how many leave the room whenever a model takes a private - they will just go and find somewhere else to be.
But it's understandable - they're online for entertainment.
So an absence of 6 months, I'm not surprised the followers dropped off.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Yes it sucks for a model to have to rebuild a follower base.
But I think the conspiracy theory is unlikely.
Far more likely that those users just figured she would not be back on that account ever again, and stopped following.
On the whole, we viewers are a fickle bunch. Just look at how many leave the room whenever a model takes a private - they will just go and find somewhere else to be.
But it's understandable - they're online for entertainment.
So an absence of 6 months, I'm not surprised the followers dropped off.

70% of her followers took the time to unfollow her while she was banned? impossible, even if she begged across all of her social media for everyone to unfollow her cb account she still wouldn't be able to get that many to unfollow her.

Obviously it wouldnt be to hurt her either though.

Reactions: Lucy_
Upvote 0
70% of her followers took the time to unfollow her while she was banned? impossible, even if she begged across all of her social media for everyone to unfollow her cb account she still wouldn't be able to get that many to unfollow her.

Obviously it wouldnt be to hurt her either though.
Well, since the option to follow or unfollow rests with individual users and not the broadcaster, how could the number of followers of the account be changed by CB? You're saying CB can access the account stats and artificially adjust the number of followers?

Upvote 0
Well, since the option to follow or unfollow rests with individual users and not the broadcaster, how could the number of followers of the account be changed by CB? You're saying CB can access the account stats and artificially adjust the number of followers?

No i dont think they would just change the number that would be weird too. Some sort of transfer of followers or perhaps some sort of follower rewind would be my guess but that also seems odd, could be they back dated the follower count to the first under-age report just to avoid problems, I don't know it all seems like such a reach.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Great news, CB gave Geneva back her followers! So happy for her! She worked so hard for them and deserves to have her followers!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.