AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

2FA Issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2021
Hey cuties and @punker barbie ,

Need help from anyone who may know a thing or two about an issue I have going on.

I recently upgraded my phone and transferred all my apps and data {iphone} over to the new phone but when I try to use my authenticator, I get the error message that the code I entered is wrong. What's strange is that when I look on my old phone; the one I cloned and transferred everything from, the code is the exact same. Now I have 2 phones that are displaying the exact same number with my Authy app to enter as my 2FA code but it doesn't work.

Support sent me this "suggestion" when I asked if they could either remove 2FA so that I could use my phone number or find any other way to login,
"As you have no verifiable information on this account we are unable to disable the 2fa on the account, you will have to register a new account. Please choose a strong password, and we recommend turning on 2-Step Security.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team"

I feel that's a pretty lame answer for an issue that is clearly not my fault. Both authenticators show the same number, phones are set to the correct time and my password is being entered correctly. I know that I probably should've saved the backup security codes but I didn't lose anything, forget my password or even lock my account. Chaturbate is literally taking the lazy way out and just brushing me aside just because I haven't verified yet. I mean hell, they didn't even suggest the whole "check to see if your device is set to the correct time" thing. I found that out myself when I Googled "2FA chaturbate issues" which then rabbit-holed me here.

It's crazy that they would suggest to create a new account, lose my current username and re-enable to very thing that is causing an issue in the first place without any real, tangible help.

So if anyone here knows what is going on, how to fix it or can clarify anything about this issue I'd greatly appreciate it.

- HaX

Status
Not open for further replies.