AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Accidentally "cashed out" on CB!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2016
So after my first show on CB I converted my tokens to cash, not really thinking much about it, I figured the feature would just show me the amount of money I had made last night. Well, it literally cashed out my coins and I didn't have a bank account connected at the time. I panicked and connected one. :grr:

Anyways, I know you can't technically cash out unless you've been paid by CB twice. It really shocked me that my funds dissappeared that easily. I contacted support but haven't received a response.

TL;DR: I accidentally cashed out my tokens on CB as a brand new member with no bank attached until afterwards. Am I safe? Will I still get my money?

Pay periods end on the 15th & last of the month. If you have made and cashed out $50 or more at that time, they send your payment to you. If you are signed up for ACH, they pay you that way, otherwise they'll send you a check.

Anyways, I know you can't technically cash out unless you've been paid by CB twice.

Also, not really sure what you mean by this, but it's kind of the opposite - they can't pay you for tokens that you haven't "cashed out" yet. So, it's a good idea to just cash out after each performance, so you don't have to worry about remembering to cash out before cutoff.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ExcellaExe and Gen
Pay periods end on the 15th & last of the month. If you have made and cashed out $50 or more at that time, they send your payment to you. If you are signed up for ACH, they pay you that way, otherwise they'll send you a check.

Also, not really sure what you mean by this, but it's kind of the opposite - they can't pay you for tokens that you haven't "cashed out" yet. So, it's a good idea to just cash out after each performance, so you don't have to worry about remembering to cash out before cutoff.

I'm not a model, but I'm perplexed by the idea of having to "cash out" at all. I mean, under what circumstances would a model not want to receive their earnings in the next paycheck?

I'm not a model, but I'm perplexed by the idea of having to "cash out" at all. I mean, under what circumstances would a model not want to receive their earnings in the next paycheck?

I use tokens I've earned to tip other cam girls.

Ah, thus avoiding the buy/sell spread? That makes sense!

I assume, since models on MFC can't actually tip there, that they have no concept of "cashing out?"

Yup, I do that every so often, too. That's part of the appeal, performers can tip each other.

Yup, I do that every so often, too. That's part of the appeal, performers can tip each other.
same i like to keep at least a good amount to tip others, but also if your moving, if you are out of town i do not cash out. Also if its just not going to amount to a certail total....i dont want to cash out just x amount to do jus x and y you know? ill just let it roll over so i have a bigger check next time which is always nice for me :)

Ah, thus avoiding the buy/sell spread? That makes sense!

I assume, since models on MFC can't actually tip there, that they have no concept of "cashing out?"
On MFC and many other cam sites they allow you to set a minimum and if you dont earn that amount you will not recive that check and it will then rollover to next pay period. And many models like to have an extra acount to perv on models (guilty) and tip them from there

I'm guessing the 'cash out' feature could also come in handy with taxes. At the end of the year, don't cash out and it won't show as income for this year. You pay less taxes. And then you can roll it into next years when you could plan for more deductions like medical expenses or something.

If you are new to the site, you'll need to wait 2 pay periods for our daily pay feature to kick in... Basically when you cash out, it sits in your account until the pay period ends & we issue payment. Be aware that there is a minimum amount required to get a payout, most methods start at a minimum of $50.00. Payment periods are from the (1st-15th) and (16th-31st) of each month, and are sent within 7 days of the pay period ending.

Reactions: Velway
I like the waiting to cash out option. Most of the money I get from camming is extra money (Trent has a good job) so I just let it build until it's time to buy something fun. The taxes answer above is a good answer as well.

Yes, any income under $500 you will not receive a 1099 for.

Agreed! I think this is more of a benefit for the site and not so much for the model. Kind of like a bank, your money does not belong to them but they still encourage you to have bigger account balances

I cash out after every broadcast. Before there were daily payouts i forgot or was in the middle of a show and couldnt leave and cashout before the cut off time and had to wait 2 weeks to get paid. After that i made it a habit to cash out after every broadcast. You don't have to cash out the entire amount you can edit it to leave some tokens in your account to tip other models.

I also wanted to chime in on this. I am new too and from NZ so I haven't connected any payment info yet because I am not sure which one would be the best for me to do. Anyway I cashed my tokens without having any payment info (SILLY) Just to see how much I had made, but now it has disappeared and not sure whether I lost the money I earnt by doing that :(

So after my first show on CB I converted my tokens to cash, not really thinking much about it, I figured the feature would just show me the amount of money I had made last night. Well, it literally cashed out my coins and I didn't have a bank account connected at the time. I panicked and connected one.

lol, IKR. it's the most fucked up web design I've ever seen

since when has there ever been a payment process that doesn't provide you with all the details of the transaction before asking if you want to 'confirm' the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.