AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Add Friend (for members)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
As an MFC member the most common way I visit a room is from my friends list. Friends are shown at the top of the model list by default.

So many advertise there social media - twitter, tumblr, instagram but NOT ONCE have I seen a model encourage members to add her as a friend. Why not?

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
I dont think its obvious at all. A surprising number of people think that because on mfc its called Friends, and on Facebook its called friends, that mfc friends must be like facebook friends... meaning that the model needs to agree to be your friend. This belief is cemented when the model charges to be on her friends list.

A lot of people dont come to mfc to learn how things work. They've never read the wiki, or come to mfc, or followed the tour or instructions link on mfc.

I actually have heard models say "add me as friends so you'll know when I'm online." I've said it myself. Particularly after a public show fills the rooms with randoms. It certainly helps a lot more than "rate and admire".

I dont think its obvious at all. A surprising number of people think that because on mfc its called Friends, and on Facebook its called friends, that mfc friends must be like facebook friends... meaning that the model needs to agree to be your friend. This belief is cemented when the model charges to be on her friends list.
Exactly! It was months before I did a friends add, I figured it would be required in order to PM a model - which I didn't require at that point.

I actually have heard models say "add me as friends so you'll know when I'm online."
Excellent.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
The friends list is useful for adding models you like to visit so you can easily see when they appear online. Though I just set e-mail notifications since I might not be on MFC at the time they go on and I can see those pop up on my phone. I also only add models to my friends list that I actually enjoy visiting and talking to though rather than just looking at or being in their room.

Reactions: JubalCobb
They've added a bookmarks feature on MFC so people can see when models are online that way. Hopefully it will be easier to understand for new members. Not sure why they decided to make the friends list work differently than every other friends list ever in the first place though.

The only time that I say anything about adding me as a friend (and explaining that it shows when I'm online) is when A) I've got a new viewer who seems to be new to the site in general or B) I'm doing a cosplay or otherwise interesting show that has drawn more than average viewers.

Otherwise, it's kinda pointless to advertise for people to add you as a friend when all of the chatters/tippers are already your regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.