AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice on "bad days"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashacurves

Cam Model
Nov 22, 2021
United Kingdom
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@SashaCurves
MFC Username
Sasha_Curves
Streamate Username
SashaCurves
I've been camming on MFC (albeit part time) since April this year and I have a love-hate relationship with it because it's so up and down. Sometimes I'll come into my room, immediately have good chats, willing tippers/privates and a great time (and great earnings). Other times, I'll sit for 3+ hours trying to keep a smiley face and engage in convo but no one is visiting, no one is responding and I've got a grand total of like 300 tokens for the session.

Does anyone have any tips for days like this? Is it best to power through doing what I'm doing and hope for tippers to arrive despite the cam score dropping? Any tips for drawing in more people? Anything I could be missing or doing wrong?

And how do you keep yourself motivated after days like that? For me, it makes me dread going back online again in case "that's it, beginning of the end, my cam career is now over" lol.

Reactions: pep and Gaia_Mommy
Token sites are such a weird mind game sometimes, it feels like reverse gambling. I have that "my cam career is over" thought at least like three times month still, but after a while you just get better at talking yourself off the ledge. I still have crazy ups and downs and I think that's just part of the game.

The MFC camscore can be so intimidating, I actually hid mine from my profile so I have to put in more effort if I want to see it, since it's so easy to fixate on. But it's good to remember that one single shift isn't make-or-break as it's cumulative over 60 days, so sometimes you might have a lower token shift but still see your score improve because a "bad" day dropped off your 60 day mark, or vice versa. It's also worth noting that every single cam site has ranking system/algorithm that affects your placement, it's just MFC makes it more visible. In a way that can actually be helpful versus a site like Chaturbate where you have no real idea why you land on the page you land on, and thus can't really try to improve it.

Anyway, I find giving myself a minimum time to be on before deciding it's not worth it- for me it's usually two hours minimum, and if I still feel like I'm not gaining ANY traction in my goals or room count I can call it after that. Of course there are days where I don't hit the two hours but usually it's because I'm cranky and can feel it starting to show in my face and voice. If you feel like you're getting visibly frustrated, step away for 15 minutes, have a snack, scroll through some mindless internet, and try again. Some of my best days have happened after I had to take a 15 minute break to be pissy and then log back on and then it was just the right people randomly showing up. Trying out different games/wheels/goals and conversation topics help too. If you can switch up occasionally to try out new time slots that can also help you pick up new regulars, and regulars are really what help in the long term to carry through the slow days.

Upvote 1
I've been camming on MFC (albeit part time) since April this year and I have a love-hate relationship with it because it's so up and down. Sometimes I'll come into my room, immediately have good chats, willing tippers/privates and a great time (and great earnings). Other times, I'll sit for 3+ hours trying to keep a smiley face and engage in convo but no one is visiting, no one is responding and I've got a grand total of like 300 tokens for the session.

Does anyone have any tips for days like this? Is it best to power through doing what I'm doing and hope for tippers to arrive despite the cam score dropping? Any tips for drawing in more people? Anything I could be missing or doing wrong?

And how do you keep yourself motivated after days like that? For me, it makes me dread going back online again in case "that's it, beginning of the end, my cam career is now over" lol.
I completely get you. Its tough sometimes... but it truly is a system of good and bad days. You just have to get used to it as you're new for now, but everyone's been there (Well, you're not technically new, but in your other post I saw you said you only really do about 10 hours a week, so its likely you still dont have consistent regulars and your actual online time is low). I'm new just like you and I find myself struggling with these emotions too.

As for tips on getting people to your room, try changing things up! Try dancing during slow moments to bring people in and then chat them up. I find that doing anything other than just sitting there is more likely to bring people in lol! Making sure the background in which you cam in looks good is also a game-changer. So maybe try doing new things with your setup to bring people in.

I do really dislike MFC's camscore feature honestly, but in all honesty the only way to boost your score is to be online making tokens, or receiving offline tips. But I would agree that giving it 2 hours to decide whether to stay on or get off is a good piece of advice.
A small way to boost your earnings a bit is to have pics + clips up for sale while you stream.

As for splitcamming- it may be worth looking into! Some girls really like doing this and some girls don't. Some girls just use their accounts on different websites to jump around where the traffic is. I was close to dual camming MFC and Chaturbate but ultimately decided against it. I think its definitely worth a try though.
You may even find that the website you choose to splitcam on actually makes you more money!
This happened to me when I first made an account on Camsoda. I was absolutely dead for weeks until I moved to MFC- and now Im moving to Streamate (Though imo Camsoda itself is also just not a good choice to start out on lol, i realize now)

If you're looking for some other more passive ways to boost your income outside of camming, you could look into SextPanther or Niteflirt. I personally have not used them yet but Im wanting to make a SP account. They are essentially open lines for texting and pic/videos + phone/video calls.

I don't know your situation, but it sounds like you are looking to do this more often now than the hours you started out with. I recommend looking at all the informational threads here you can find, and especially gaining verified model status so that you're let into the Models Only section where there is some real juicy informational stuff you can use. They are seriously helpful!

Really hope this helps, and don't give up! Everyone on this forum has been where you are! I am right now!

Last edited:
Upvote 1
If it helps, from a member's perspective, once I follow you, your cam score is completely irrelevant to me. I don't even think I can see what your cam score is.
As long as I like you and you are cool, then I will continue visiting your room, indefinitely, no matter what!

Upvote 1
If it helps, from a member's perspective, once I follow you, your cam score is completely irrelevant to me. I don't even think I can see what your cam score is.
As long as I like you and you are cool, then I will continue visiting your room, indefinitely, no matter what!
Thanks, this is very true and I don't have too many regulars but they definitely the ones keeping me afloat! My concern with the camscore is the lower it gets, the less new people come in so the fewer future regulars I can attract

Upvote 0
Token sites are such a weird mind game sometimes, it feels like reverse gambling. I have that "my cam career is over" thought at least like three times month still, but after a while you just get better at talking yourself off the ledge. I still have crazy ups and downs and I think that's just part of the game.

The MFC camscore can be so intimidating, I actually hid mine from my profile so I have to put in more effort if I want to see it, since it's so easy to fixate on. But it's good to remember that one single shift isn't make-or-break as it's cumulative over 60 days, so sometimes you might have a lower token shift but still see your score improve because a "bad" day dropped off your 60 day mark, or vice versa. It's also worth noting that every single cam site has ranking system/algorithm that affects your placement, it's just MFC makes it more visible. In a way that can actually be helpful versus a site like Chaturbate where you have no real idea why you land on the page you land on, and thus can't really try to improve it.

Anyway, I find giving myself a minimum time to be on before deciding it's not worth it- for me it's usually two hours minimum, and if I still feel like I'm not gaining ANY traction in my goals or room count I can call it after that. Of course there are days where I don't hit the two hours but usually it's because I'm cranky and can feel it starting to show in my face and voice. If you feel like you're getting visibly frustrated, step away for 15 minutes, have a snack, scroll through some mindless internet, and try again. Some of my best days have happened after I had to take a 15 minute break to be pissy and then log back on and then it was just the right people randomly showing up. Trying out different games/wheels/goals and conversation topics help too. If you can switch up occasionally to try out new time slots that can also help you pick up new regulars, and regulars are really what help in the long term to carry through the slow days.
I'm so glad to hear you and Gaia both saying you also feel the bad days, makes me feel less alone and less like its something I'm doing wrong! The 60 day thing affects me more than most I think because I cam max 3 days per week so over 60 days, it's not got many sessions to average and therefore my camscore shoots up and down all the time. I actually didn't know that about other sites, I've seen others recommend Chaturbate because it doesnt have a camscore but if its actually just a more hidden algorithm that does sound less apealling.

Thanks so much for the advice, I think I do need to be a bit more out of the box with games and stuff too, I tend to do the same thing over and over!

• Hugs
Reactions: xoxAprilJames
Upvote 0
I completely get you. Its tough sometimes... but it truly is a system of good and bad days. You just have to get used to it as you're new for now, but everyone's been there (Well, you're not technically new, but in your other post I saw you said you only really do about 10 hours a week, so its likely you still dont have consistent regulars and your actual online time is low). I'm new just like you and I find myself struggling with these emotions too.

As for tips on getting people to your room, try changing things up! Try dancing during slow moments to bring people in and then chat them up. I find that doing anything other than just sitting there is more likely to bring people in lol! Making sure the background in which you cam in looks good is also a game-changer. So maybe try doing new things with your setup to bring people in.

I do really dislike MFC's camscore feature honestly, but in all honesty the only way to boost your score is to be online making tokens, or receiving offline tips. But I would agree that giving it 2 hours to decide whether to stay on or get off is a good piece of advice.
A small way to boost your earnings a bit is to have pics + clips up for sale while you stream.

As for splitcamming- it may be worth looking into! Some girls really like doing this and some girls don't. Some girls just use their accounts on different websites to jump around where the traffic is. I was close to dual camming MFC and Chaturbate but ultimately decided against it. I think its definitely worth a try though.
You may even find that the website you choose to splitcam on actually makes you more money!
This happened to me when I first made an account on Camsoda. I was absolutely dead for weeks until I moved to MFC- and now Im moving to Streamate (Though imo Camsoda itself is also just not a good choice to start out on lol, i realize now)

If you're looking for some other more passive ways to boost your income outside of camming, you could look into SextPanther or Niteflirt. I personally have not used them yet but Im wanting to make a SP account. They are essentially open lines for texting and pic/videos + phone/video calls.

I don't know your situation, but it sounds like you are looking to do this more often now than the hours you started out with. I recommend looking at all the informational threads here you can find, and especially gaining verified model status so that you're let into the Models Only section where there is some real juicy informational stuff you can use. They are seriously helpful!

Really hope this helps, and don't give up! Everyone on this forum has been where you are! I am right now!
On your advice, I am working on changing my background lol. my setup is my bedroom and I'd prefer not to change it too much, but the posters and other crap I have on my walls aren't very appealling, so I'm buying some lights, saw someone recommend balloons and cuddly toys so might try that!

Yeah I've thought about splitcamming but its less my income that I'm worried about, more the stability of the income if that makes sense. With my camscore as it is I'm reasonably happy with what I earn (though of course would love to earn even more) but am worried about how long my "luck" will last. Can't harm though can it, like you say maybe I'll find a site I prefer.

I would love to increase my cam hours. I currently work 47 hours/week in one job plus a 4 hour a week part time job so my 10 hours a week on cam is all I can manage. I don't have the balls to pack it all in and focus on cam even though that would probably earn me so much more, my mental health needs the stability haha. Thanks for all your advice!

And yes, cant wait to get verified on here too!

Reactions: Gaia_Mommy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.