AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Almost a month into camming with some questions.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2017
Hi there!!
So glad that I found this forum, I know I will learn a lot and hopefully at some point, I will be able to give knowledge to others! So, I have been on webcamgirls.com for almost a month. I have made close to $300 and fully understand that 1, starting out is rough and you may not make much money and 2, I know I need to build a fan base and figure out what my niche is. The main issue that I am having is that my room is not appealing at all. I basically have everything I own in here, the house is old and creepy and the lighting is just awful. I am slowly figuring out some solutions, but anyone have any tips on how to make a room more attractive on the cheap side? And can I fix my lighting situation by buying a few cheap desk lamps and pointing them in the right directions? (Will definitely check out some lighting threads) Sorry if this is all total noob stuff that is answered in other threads. Just slap me on the wrist and tell me to go hunting if that what I need to do!!! Thanks ladies and gents!!

As far as making your room more attractive, hanging mandala/bohemian tapestries up works wonders! It's what I have and I've seen a lot of other models with them. They're between 10-20 on Amazon. You could even get some string lights for added decoration.

Do you cam at a desk? I just put two floor lamps in front of me on each side and have my overhead one as well. I'd suggest doing some serious lightbulb research to see which ones complement your skin tone (warm vs cool.) I mostly cam from bed so the backdrop is just my headboard, nightstands and curtains. You really don't need much. You should be taking up a good 2/3 of the view in my opinion. A lot of guys sit too far away from the cam. It really just depends on you though. Maybe get some greenery to make it less creepy? Snake grass plants and succulents are amazing and easy to maintain.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Darcy DeVasto
I'd say clean your room. Remove ALL clutter. The last thing you want is people looking at your stuff and not at you. If your home is very small, find a comfy little corner you can keep clean and clutter-free and use that space to cam! You can go the tapestry route, but in my personal opinion, you should find something more unique and more "you". Too many models have the same looking room and the same looking tapestries on the wall. If you have a neat hobby, use your work to decorate your space!

Reactions: Darcy DeVasto
I'd say clean your room. Remove ALL clutter. The last thing you want is people looking at your stuff and not at you. If your home is very small, find a comfy little corner you can keep clean and clutter-free and use that space to cam! You can go the tapestry route, but in my personal opinion, you should find something more unique and more "you". Too many models have the same looking room and the same looking tapestries on the wall. If you have a neat hobby, use your work to decorate your space!

Well judging by the name I'd assume it's a dude so the tapestry route isn't super common for our rooms. I totally agree on the unique aspect though. My bed is littered with stuffed animals which ends up serving as another conversation piece.

Awesome! Thank you! I broke down and got a laptop and can now cam from bed, which is far more flattering then my desk. But lights or tapestries could add a fantastic touch. Thanks again :)

Hi there!!
So glad that I found this forum, I know I will learn a lot and hopefully at some point, I will be able to give knowledge to others! So, I have been on webcamgirls.com for almost a month. I have made close to $300 and fully understand that 1, starting out is rough and you may not make much money and 2, I know I need to build a fan base and figure out what my niche is. The main issue that I am having is that my room is not appealing at all. I basically have everything I own in here, the house is old and creepy and the lighting is just awful. I am slowly figuring out some solutions, but anyone have any tips on how to make a room more attractive on the cheap side? And can I fix my lighting situation by buying a few cheap desk lamps and pointing them in the right directions? (Will definitely check out some lighting threads) Sorry if this is all total noob stuff that is answered in other threads. Just slap me on the wrist and tell me to go hunting if that what I need to do!!! Thanks ladies and gents!!

Girl I feel you,I don't even have my own room right now I'm sharing with my brother so I have a tiny space to work in(while I save for security deposit for new apt).

I make it work by utilizing contrast like having white sheets on my bed so my figure shows up clearly on screen,make sure you don't blend into the background. I either work on my bed or I put my lap top on my dresser and stand while I have my aquarium and lit candles behind me. I use cheap lamps for now but you need multiple light sources for sure.

I would think that guys are drawn to rooms that match the kind of girl they are looking for-average girl next door room,sexy luxurious fantasy girl room,eclectic artist type room,gothic bizzaro,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.