AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Alternative to RTX Voice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieElise

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
MFC Username
EliMarie
Streamate Username
MarieElise
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
I have so much background noise, living in the middle of a big city. Constant sirens (đź‘Ž Boooo !!!), dogs barking, and then my own child (at the times when he yells, and is having a rowdy time). When I bought my new desktop, I thought I had chosen one, specifically with a nvidia graphics card, that I could use RTX Voice on. Alas when I try to install RTX voice, it tells me that I do not have the correct GPU. Thanks in advance, if anyone can help me with this. I have very sensitive ears, and very sensitive hearing myself. Even the slightest background noise, when I am editing, gets me thinking that the whole clip isn't worthwhile.

ETA; I tried Krisp, and it barely removed anything, so I am not gonna use it, or sub to it.

Have you checked to make sure your nvidea drivers are up to date?
Usually requires opening, and logging into Geforce Experience to lick the check for driver updates button.

Also, do you know what graphic card your laptop has? Like the specific model? hopefully it has RTX in the name, and not GTX..

Some people seem to have gotten it to work on unsupported hardware.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Have you checked to make sure your nvidea drivers are up to date?
Usually requires opening, and logging into Geforce Experience to lick the check for driver updates button.

Also, do you know what graphic card your laptop has? Like the specific model? hopefully it has RTX in the name, and not GTX..

Some people seem to have gotten it to work on unsupported hardware.

I have not checked, but I will, thank you. I just got this computer a few weeks ago.
Oh shit, it is Nvidia GeForce GT710. Sounds like that is not good. I will check my laptop, but I am pretty sure that doesn't even have a Nvidia GPU at all :dead: Uuugh, looks like I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought if I had a Nvidia GPU, of any type, I'd be good.

ETA Laptop says AMD RX Vega 10. However, I really didn't plan on using the laptop for filming anyway, since I want it to last longer for me. Dagnammit.

Unless you have a bleeding edge Razer laptop you're not going to find one with an RTX GPU in it.

That said RTX voice stops background 'white noise', like a vacuum or a fan. Depending on how long it is it won't remove a specific noise like a siren or a scream small kid.

What mic are you using?

I wouldn't be surprised if future versions of adobe premiere pro offer some form of this.

GeForce GT710 is a nvidea GPU. But it's a GTX card, as in it doesn't have any tensor cores like the newer RTX cards.

RTX is becoming more common. For instance the fallowing laptops can be purchased with RTX options: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14, Alienware Area-51m, Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 (GX701), MSI GS65 Stealth, HP Omen 15.

If I was buying a laptop, I'd probable be looking at gaming laptop with an AMD CPU with an Nvidea RTX GPU. The latest AMD laptops seem to have better batter life, and better performance then their similar Intel counterparts.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
I wouldn't be surprised if future versions of adobe premiere pro offer some form of this.

GeForce GT710 is a nvidea GPU. But it's a GTX card, as in it doesn't have any tensor cores like the newer RTX cards.

RTX is becoming more common. For instance the fallowing laptops can be purchased with RTX options: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14, Alienware Area-51m, Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 (GX701), MSI GS65 Stealth, HP Omen 15.

If I was buying a laptop, I'd probable be looking at gaming laptop with an AMD CPU with an Nvidea RTX GPU. The latest AMD laptops seem to have better batter life, and better performance then their similar Intel counterparts.
Thanks. I got this link courtesy of one of the other members via DM. The desktop is a gaming desktop, and has a AMD processor which has a built-in graphics card (Ryzen 3 3200G). The built-in graphics card on the processor is a better one, which is a tad confusing, as to why they would bother putting the other graphics card in at all, but oh well. It looks like I might have a way around it, but it will be a bit involved and may involve deleting a line of code. It also may not work, but at least I have some hope.

ETA; Prob best just to go with the computers listed by Lelo (anyone else reading this), that way you can simply avoid all this, that I am having to do. I was limited by what was in stock i.e. deliverable within 5 days and under $1500. The well-priced gaming desktops sell out really fast at Best Buy! I'm not sure if that is due to covid, or if that has always been the case. Even waiting 24 hours makes a huge difference, as far as how fast they are selling out/ out of stock, in my area.

Last edited:
Having a dedicated GPU is usually much better then using onboard graphics from a CPU.
It's like sports car vs golf cart. If you don't play computer games, then you might not see a difference browsing websites. But it can make a difference in other tasks, like video editing, adobe products, deep learning, extra.

A NVIDIA RTX 2000 series, there is like low end 2060 super, 2070, 2080, 2080 ti, 2080 ti +, extra. 2060 super is a popular budget card.

In July nvidea is releasing the 3000 series. So they may start selling off the old stock. Often there a bunch last gen cards for sell.

• Helpful!
Having a dedicated GPU is usually much better then using onboard graphics from a CPU.
It's like sports car vs golf cart. If you don't play computer games, then you might not see a difference browsing websites. But it can make a difference in other tasks, like video editing, adobe products, deep learning, extra.

A NVIDIA RTX 2000 series, there is like low end 2060 super, 2070, 2080, 2080 ti, 2080 ti +, extra. 2060 super is a popular budget card.

In July nvidea is releasing the 3000 series. So they may start selling off the old stock. Often there a bunch last gen cards for sell.
I might just have a buddy help me replace the graphics card. He said it's pretty easy to do. That way I can order a better card, and just put that in. All this info is really helpful, I love learning more about the tech side of things, cheers. I'm sure it will help others out too. Some of the models on here are expert level already, when it comes to the tech side. Unfortunately for me, I'm not one of them :) But, I am learning, so it's all good. I really appreciate you sharing, as well as all the other tech people who do on here, it's beyond helpful (and kind) guys, and gals! :)

Last edited:
what you can do is go for a dynamic mic set up which usually are great in background noise removal...check this out..Youtube video

Usually a dynamic mic needs to be paired with a sound interface..There are a lot of dynamic mic options..let me know if u need further help.

Answering your RTX voice question the "barnacules" video did show how to get it working for other nvidia cards.. Did you try that?

• Helpful!
what you can do is go for a dynamic mic set up which usually are great in background noise removal...check this out..Youtube video

Usually a dynamic mic needs to be paired with a sound interface..There are a lot of dynamic mic options..let me know if u need further help.

Answering your RTX voice question the "barnacules" video did show how to get it working for other nvidia cards.. Did you try that?
Thanks man, I still have not had time to try it. I got some custom orders that I am a bit behind with. The hope was today I would do it, but it's not gonna happen. I'm too behind. I really appreciate you being willing to help a lot. There just ain't enough hours in the day :)

If I can't get it working, then I am gonna have to do something else, because ambient noise is a major source of stress and tension w me. So I will check out the youtube clip. Thanks again.

I have struggled with the same a lot for my work (Teaching/coding/video editing). I do camming just for fun and the love of it. I would love to help you if u need help with your streams or any videos, as I know editing as well. Feel free to reach out, maybe we can jump on a call and get this sorted quicker.

Cheers

• Helpful!
Update; I used the hack and got it working just fine. I appreciate all the assistance.

I would still prefer even more ambient noise cut out, than what RTX voice provides, but idk if that is even possible, and how I would go about doing that. Maybe I am being overly anal, because I have really sensitive hearing myself... not sure. But yes, the hack works, because the graphics cards that are approved for RTX voice are all a significant chunk ($), per what I was told.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.