AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wishlist Name and Address?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyTheKat

Cam Model
Jan 9, 2020
www.sextpanther.com
MFC Username
DaisyTheKat
Streamate Username
DaisyTheKat
Hello everyone! I'm about to move apartments, and my new apartment requires a photo ID for me to pick up packages. This means that I probably won't be able to get them unless they have my full legal name on them. I know that Amazon will show my city on my wish list, which I'm okay with since I live in a rather large city. However, it also shows whatever name I put on my shipping address. (I checked by putting "Daisy Kat" instead of just "Daisy" in my shipping address, then going to check out with another account.) Is there any way to hide the name on my shipping address from wish list purchasers, so it only shows the name on my account? Or should I just invest in a PO box? I don't receive purchases from my wish list very often, so it seems silly to get a PO box just for that. But I do have helpful camming things on there (lighting, for example, as well as clothing and toys) that people have bought or expressed interest in buying.

Reactions: AllyVixen
I would just use amazon gift cards if is that much of trouble. Or PO Box would be even more safe as amazon can send your personal address if the item is bought from a 3rd party store.
Yeah, I knew about the 3rd party thing. I've only been adding items that are "sold by Amazon," so that's not a concern. I don't know if any of my regulars would buy me Amazon gift cards. I think the few who have bought from the wishlist like the idea of surprising me and buying it themselves. Unfortunately getting a PO box seems to be very expensive here. It probably costs more than what people would spend on the wishlist.

Reactions: AllyVixen
I put my wishlist address as an Amazon locker. Nobody checks your ID for pickups, you just scan your phone at the screen and your locker opens. No idea yet if it will actually work, as the locker wasn't available as an option for me to add, and I manually added it from a previous order I'd received to the locker.

Yeah, I knew about the 3rd party thing. I've only been adding items that are "sold by Amazon," so that's not a concern. I don't know if any of my regulars would buy me Amazon gift cards. I think the few who have bought from the wishlist like the idea of surprising me and buying it themselves. Unfortunately getting a PO box seems to be very expensive here. It probably costs more than what people would spend on the wishlist.
Is it really a surprise, that means: don't you see what you will receive until you receive and open the parcel? Don't you get announced by amazon that someone bought something for you from your wishlist and what it is? I´ve always been gifting gift cards and then told the model what I would like her to buy from her wishlist. For me this seemed to be the more comfortable way for both. But if a purchase from a wishlist would be surprising until opening the parcel, this would sound interesting.

Is it really a surprise, that means: don't you see what you will receive until you receive and open the parcel? Don't you get announced by amazon that someone bought something for you from your wishlist and what it is? I´ve always been gifting gift cards and then told the model what I would like her to buy from her wishlist. For me this seemed to be the more comfortable way for both. But if a purchase from a wishlist would be surprising until opening the parcel, this would sound interesting.

If I remember correctly, there are settings for the model/person to have it so it WILL be a surprise. The item will remain on their wishlist for XX days/weeks, until it arrives to them.

Please go read my other posts regarding Amazon wish lists and using your personal address. Avoiding third-party seller products will not protect you from having your address leaked to the customer.

Please go read my other posts regarding Amazon wish lists and using your personal address. Avoiding third-party seller products will not protect you from having your address leaked to the customer.
Ah okay, sorry! It was actually from a thread on here (I don't remember which one) that I read to do that, so I must have missed the reply that it doesn't actually work. My bad!

If I remember correctly, there are settings for the model/person to have it so it WILL be a surprise. The item will remain on their wishlist for XX days/weeks, until it arrives to them.
You don't get any notification from Amazon that someone bought anything. Even if you don't have it set to be a surprise, it removes it from the list but doesn't notify you. So unless the model knows every single item on the list and checks it frequently (or when the member tells them that they made a purchase), the model has no way of knowing what was purchased.

I put my wishlist address as an Amazon locker. Nobody checks your ID for pickups, you just scan your phone at the screen and your locker opens. No idea yet if it will actually work, as the locker wasn't available as an option for me to add, and I manually added it from a previous order I'd received to the locker.
This is interesting, thank you! I've never used an Amazon locker before so I hadn't considered that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: oimerle
Ah okay, sorry! It was actually from a thread on here (I don't remember which one) that I read to do that, so I must have missed the reply that it doesn't actually work. My bad!

You don't get any notification from Amazon that someone bought anything. Even if you don't have it set to be a surprise, it removes it from the list but doesn't notify you. So unless the model knows every single item on the list and checks it frequently (or when the member tells them that they made a purchase), the model has no way of knowing what was purchased.

This is interesting, thank you! I've never used an Amazon locker before so I hadn't considered that.

There is also an option for a surprise, so it stays on the list, though. Some have a small list so know exactly what they have, i guess.

Reactions: DaisyTheKat
Status
Not open for further replies.