AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anime Appetite

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2017
Twitter Username
@AddiVenture
I've been looking online for some good anime, but I figured I could ask you lovelies since there were so many great recommendations in the TV & Movie section.

I'm working from home now, so I have a lot of time to get lost in a new story.

Comedy is my favorite anime, especially if there's a strong bitchy woman in it, but I also deeply appreciate philosophy and tragedy. In fact, if the hero dies in the end I'd be in love. As fucked as it sounds, I love when things don't go the way that you thought they were going to go, specifically a fatality or something negative happening to someone you like in the story. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but it's like "Well, yeah...that's probably how it would go down in real life anyway".

Anyway, enough babbling lol
Thanks in advance :h:

Right now, all of the big anime pundits keep gushing about Devilman Crybaby. Lots of declarations of "omgbestanime!!!" I don't know it I'd go that far, but I do think it's pretty good. It's stylistically interesting, and it works to remain pretty true to the manga, while also giving it an update, and flesh out themes that were originally weak. It's violent and sexual, and full of body horror. I know those are things that put a lot of people off.

I will say most the action scenes are really dark, to the point that I had to turn up the brightness and contrast on my TV, just to be able to see what's going on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Anatomica Doll
at the moment, i'm focusing my attention all on the ito junji collection, due to my strong adoration for his work. as for the comedy genre, i highly recommend you watch kuchuu buranko - it's a rather underrated, psychological drama with a nice touch of comedy here and there, based on a novel by the same name.

Reactions: Marceline
Attack on Titan (especially if you like strong women - Mikasa ... oh my!).
Full Metal Alchemist (there's two versions, the original and then Brotherhood. Watch original first). It may take an episode or 3 to get into it, but stick with it... and shit does it get dark at times. Seriously....
RE:Zero - starting life in another world
Death Note.

Totally different:
Silver Spoon
Yuri on Ice.

Welcome any recommendations as well... :)

Reactions: Marceline
I've been looking online for some good anime, but I figured I could ask you lovelies since there were so many great recommendations in the TV & Movie section.

I'm working from home now, so I have a lot of time to get lost in a new story.

Comedy is my favorite anime, especially if there's a strong bitchy woman in it, but I also deeply appreciate philosophy and tragedy. In fact, if the hero dies in the end I'd be in love. As fucked as it sounds, I love when things don't go the way that you thought they were going to go, specifically a fatality or something negative happening to someone you like in the story. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but it's like "Well, yeah...that's probably how it would go down in real life anyway".

Anyway, enough babbling lol
Thanks in advance :h:

Sounds like you'd really dig Gurren Lagann: strong, badass female character (with an attitude to boot), awesome albeit tragic hero, terrible odds for the protagonists, fascinating love narrative... it's also silly as hell.

Chobits, Elfen Lied, and Claymore are also some of my faves - they each feature great female characters and terribly tragic, poignant, and powerful story arcs that are absolutely heart-wrenching at times.

Then there's Glass Fleet. Now that anime was the bomb. A lot of interesting sexual ambiguity, and it sort of throws away the good vs evil trope in favor of a moral ambiguity that is characteristic of realism. I guess this makes the show more cerebral than most.

And just throwing this in there: there's a very short anime (13 eps IIRC) called 'Planet of the Beast King'. It's so under-rated, few people know about it, but totally incredible. It has a really bitter-sweet ending that leaves you thinking "What the fuck" and "I'm totally cool with this" at the same time.

I really think you'd enjoy all of these ^

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni is probably my all time favorite anime. It's a psychological horror. I'm not too sure how to explain it without giving anything away, because it's definitely one that is better without knowing much about going into. It's a bit harder to find (without going on weird sketchy sites), but worth finding and watching. Warning, there are some disturbing scenes in it (like, graphic torture/murder scenes... well, as graphic as an anime can get).

Erased is a super good drama anime. It's a lot like The Butterfly Effect. Main guy has the ability to time travel to prevent bad things from happening. Netflix actually just came out with a live action series based on it.

Shimoneta is a raunchy comedy. It's about a society where any kind of lewd talk/actions are prohibited and the protagonists efforts to bring some pervertedness into it. Also, it has my most favorite yandere girl ever in it. Super funny.

Parasyte: The Maxim is a horror anime about a parasitic alien species that takes over peoples bodies/minds and turns them into cannibals.

There's also, Psycho-Pass (sci-fi thriller), Tokyo Ghoul (horror), Seven Deadly Sins (fantasy), School Rumble (high school comedy) and Ouran Highschool Host Club (high school comedy/romance) which I'd recommend.

Seconding the recommendations for Gurren Lagann (Kamina is one of my favorite anime characters of all time) and Full Metal Alchemist. As far as FMA goes, I'd recommend watching Brotherhood over the original. Both are good, but in my opinion Brotherhood is much better.

DP, but I forgot to mention School Days. It's a super messed up high school drama based off an even more messed up visual novel game. Putting this synopsis into a spoiler just in case it is a little too spoiler-y but...

It's about a guy who falls for a girl he goes to school with and he enlists the help of a female classmate to help him get the girl. He gets her and then turns into a huge man whore who sleeps with just about any girl who will let him.

Also!!!
at the moment, i'm focusing my attention all on the ito junji collection, due to my strong adoration for his work. as for the comedy genre, i highly recommend you watch kuchuu buranko - it's a rather underrated, psychological drama with a nice touch of comedy here and there, based on a novel by the same name.

^^I had no idea that there was an anime on his works!! I may or may not totally want a Tomie tattoo... :think:
Thank you for mentioning this, because now I know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of tonight!

• Hugs
My cup runnith over, you guys are the bomb!
(Sorry about the absence since the post of this thread. I had to take care of come loose-end family matters.
If some of them didn't have my freckles, and weren't equally amazing at adding the work "Fuck" into any power ballads, I'd swear they I wasn't related to them)

I made a massive list and I'm going to binge all day while I'm cleaning the house :playful::greyalien::happy:

• Hugs
here are my top 10 animes
attack on titan
full metal alchemist brotherhood
stiens gate
Death note
naruto
one piece
Kingdom
magi
seven deadly sins
black clover
enjoy xD
Yesss for full metal brotherhood!!! I hated the original it strayed way off from the manga (I've had this discussion so many times in my room)

Reactions: slave4women69
dis x1000.

If you like comedy balanced with tragedy and a sprinkle of strong ladies, Trigun is excellent. I will forever recommend Trigun to absolutely everyone ever. Completely underrated, worth rewatching a billion times.

How could I forget Trigun! Oh, and Outlaw Star! And and and...

So many good animes, so many good recommendations on this thread. You're set for a while!

Make sure you check in with us and let us know which ones you choose and what you think of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.