AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Annoying things members do

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence, but isn't this basically the wtf thread?

Godiva420 said:
Could be, but I'll bite. Hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers ;)

1. Members begging for tips, spamming her content, etc. I have no problem with the model saying things like: "tip if you like me"; "tips keep the show going"; "we have {insert time limit} to make countdown"; "hey, I have content for sale". Dudes, it's just not YOUR job. And while you're at it, stop acting all ragey when you think tipping is slow. If you think tipping is slow, throw out a few 10-20 token tips, but leave out the public tip note admonishing the room for their cheapness. :twocents-02cents:

2. Low amount (1-5 tokens) yellow walls by 1 dude. Kinda attention-whorish, IMO. OK. You tipped 20 tokens, great job! But stop acting like you cured cancer. If it's a 10-20-50+ wall, I'll be right there to cheer you on.

3. Unfortunate dude breaks a yellow wall, regs pounce on him like he killed the last surviving unicorn. 1st off, with the intermittent MFC lag that every experienced member knows about, the unfortunate dude may have typed his comment before the tipping. Secondly, maybe he's new and doesn't know the room etiquette. I find it highly unlikely that any broken wall comes from a member saying to himself "I'm going to break this wall, GOODY GOODY". Either way, stop acting like he stole money from the model. This leads to the next...

4. Regs jumping all over new members for not knowing every obscure reference to all of the room's inside jokes. Come on, have you forgotten the 1st day at school, or the 1st day of a new job? This is the best example of why MFC should not have members as room mods. **Full Disclosure** I am a smart-ass and I spend a lot of time poking fun at other members. However, I usually keep it to making fun of silly or obnoxious names, and things like the "open bobs" crowd. I would feel TERRIBLE if I found out I chased a real or potential tipper (that means any premium) from a model's room, because it's not my job to (potentially) interfere with her income.

5. The huge & irrelevant emotes (width of screen, 5+ lines of text high), like "Rated & Admired", and the various "Yellow Wall" alerts. I do not ever recall seeing a tipper posting a yellow wall alert emote.

6. Model "innocently" shows body part, member goes nuts! During a dance or striptease, model turns around. I'm not talking about extreme close up with cheeks spread :D , but the "I bet you like anal" comments faucet gets turned on. She shows boobs (no hand-bra! :mrgreen: ), multiple variations of "got milk" show up. Model is wearing stockings, the "show feet" or "got heels" start. Now, if these comments were in a tip note, it would be a different story :whistle:

Well, this is just off the top of my head. Give me a few minutes and I can get a more comprehensive list :mrgreen:

schlmoe said:
Godiva420 said:
Could be, but I'll bite. Hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers ;)

1. Members begging for tips, spamming her content, etc. I have no problem with the model saying things like: "tip if you like me"; "tips keep the show going"; "we have {insert time limit} to make countdown"; "hey, I have content for sale". Dudes, it's just not YOUR job. And while you're at it, stop acting all ragey when you think tipping is slow. If you think tipping is slow, throw out a few 10-20 token tips, but leave out the public tip note admonishing the room for their cheapness. :twocents-02cents:

2. Low amount (1-5 tokens) yellow walls by 1 dude. Kinda attention-whorish, IMO. OK. You tipped 20 tokens, great job! But stop acting like you cured cancer. If it's a 10-20-50+ wall, I'll be right there to cheer you on.

3. Unfortunate dude breaks a yellow wall, regs pounce on him like he killed the last surviving unicorn. 1st off, with the intermittent MFC lag that every experienced member knows about, the unfortunate dude may have typed his comment before the tipping. Secondly, maybe he's new and doesn't know the room etiquette. I find it highly unlikely that any broken wall comes from a member saying to himself "I'm going to break this wall, GOODY GOODY". Either way, stop acting like he stole money from the model. This leads to the next...

4. Regs jumping all over new members for not knowing every obscure reference to all of the room's inside jokes. Come on, have you forgotten the 1st day at school, or the 1st day of a new job? This is the best example of why MFC should not have members as room mods. **Full Disclosure** I am a smart-ass and I spend a lot of time poking fun at other members. However, I usually keep it to making fun of silly or obnoxious names, and things like the "open bobs" crowd. I would feel TERRIBLE if I found out I chased a real or potential tipper (that means any premium) from a model's room, because it's not my job to (potentially) interfere with her income.

5. The huge & irrelevant emotes (width of screen, 5+ lines of text high), like "Rated & Admired", and the various "Yellow Wall" alerts. I do not ever recall seeing a tipper posting a yellow wall alert emote.

6. Model "innocently" shows body part, member goes nuts! During a dance or striptease, model turns around. I'm not talking about extreme close up with cheeks spread :D , but the "I bet you like anal" comments faucet gets turned on. She shows boobs (no hand-bra! :mrgreen: ), multiple variations of "got milk" show up. Model is wearing stockings, the "show feet" or "got heels" start. Now, if these comments were in a tip note, it would be a different story :whistle:

Well, this is just off the top of my head. Give me a few minutes and I can get a more comprehensive list :mrgreen:

wow i hope you weren't in my room, cause you just described my crew guys.

Yellow walls of 1-5 tokens of one guy is really sweet, i do a DING sound everytime i get a tip, so yellowwalls just to make me ding cheers up my room and its very welcome, any amount and any member can do it. Its a tip anyway, we will never hate a tip, no matter how much was it.

My room has tons of inside jokes, its what runs the show (dinohop, sailing, gweenbridge, gweenzilla and puppet battle), and we are very open to explain it to new members that are up to it, im not a sexy model, just silly that gets naked

Gween said:
wow i hope you weren't in my room, cause you just described my crew guys.
Nope ;)

Gween said:
Yellow walls of 1-5 tokens of one guy is really sweet, i do a DING sound everytime i get a tip, so yellowwalls just to make me ding cheers up my room and its very welcome, any amount and any member can do it. Its a tip anyway, we will never hate a tip, no matter how much was it.
I agree with the bold-ed part. But our perspectives are different. You are the model. It would be bad business to "hate a tip, no matter how much".
I am a member. When a 1-person 1-token wall starts (or any wall, actually), "MFC etiquette" demands that members sit on their hands. In my "1-person 1-token wall" example, while waiting for the wall to complete, there is no fun chat going on. The model is showing (or faking) enthusiasm for the string of single nickles. The only thing on the screen is the "1-token" dude's name. When his 20 tokens are done, then the backslapping, applause emotes go on for awhile and the model's enthusiastic (fake or real, lol) "thank yous" are heard for a bit before everything dies down. All this for 20 or so tokens. And what's missing? Fun conversation from the model, fun chat in the room, and no tips for the model due to all the applause emotes. For 20 or so tokens. That is why I said it was "attention-whorish". Another thing, a small token-amount yellow wall sets the bar too low for the model. I have never seen a 1 or 2 token wall be anything but that, and a 20 total tokens yellow wall is not worth more than a single 20 token tip. It may be cute, but it has no extra monetary value. This is just my perspective and my opinion.

Gween said:
My room has tons of inside jokes, its what runs the show (dinohop, sailing, gweenbridge, gweenzilla and puppet battle), and we are very open to explain it to new members that are up to it, im not a sexy model, just silly that gets naked
This is the exact opposite of what I described.

- "Guys, guys, tip this beautiful woman!"

How about you tip her, ya big poo face?

- "OMG how much was that tip? How much is that in real money? What do we get for that tip? That's gotta be a cum show, right?"

- The doods who anoint themselves personal managers to the models irk me.

- "PM"

That one really fucks me off and I'm not even the one who has to deal with it. If you've sent a model a PM and she hasn't replied to it, it probably wasn't worth replying to. If you tried to PM a model but couldn't, MFC mail her, put it in a tip note, or just do what everyone else is doing and use the public chat feature. Or at the very, very least, use full sentences when asking a model to look at your oh-so-important PM. If I was a model and I saw "PM" in my public chat, I'd ban the member in a heartbeat.

The room slang and inside jokes can be tough. I was in a room recently I'd never went to before. Fairly popular model I believe. She was selling raffle tickets for a prize. I can't recall the actual name of the prize, but just for the sake of this story I'm gonna call them "loveme's".

So it was like "299 tokens - 1 ticket for loveme's raffle"

Having no idea what it was I opened her profile to see if there was an explanation, and there was none.

So I decided to just lurk and read the chat for a bit, a good 10 minutes or so and I couldn't find any hints of what it was, but people were buying the tickets like crazy.

So I finally asked "What's a loveme's?"

And the regulars proceeded to rip me apart, nobody explained anything, and I was told to "stfu and buy a ticket"

So yeah I just left.

MemberEd said:
Guys who appoint themselves as the official room greeter. Saying hello to everyone who comes into the room before the model has a chance to. Even welcoming people back into the room as if anyone came to see them and not the model.
You know, a couple of my adored regulars (I really do adore them) do this daily. It sorta puts me in a weird spot for a couple reasons. 1. it means I didn't notice them come in first, and that makes me feel a little bad, but is understandable since it's a lot more overwhelming on my end of the camera and 2. sometimes people come in who don't feel like chatting, and when they are greeted it's like they're being "called out" and may feel pressured to say hi or chat. (In fact, this used to happen when I'd visit Candie on my premium account. I'd quietly enter and wait for a chance to tip, and maybe chat privately in PM to her, but the room regulars would see my name enter and immediately all 10-20 of them would say hi to me in public chat. It felt awkward, and I hated that it took focus off of Candie in her own chat room.)

I personally make a point not to call out most people when they enter. There are exceptions to this (if I haven't seen the person in a long while or there is some inside joke to be made) but in general, I think it's best to let people announce themselves rather than be greeted publicly prematurely.

There are also days where I've talked privately with a regular and they aren't feeling chatty and just want to enjoy the room quietly for the shift. Totally ok with me any time this happens. But the room regulars are used to them talking more, and proceed to call them out for "being so quiet." Makes me feel bad. We all have our days we feel less social, shouldn't have to explain or make excuses.

I think people entering the room or being super quiet should only be acknowledged by me unless they've called attention to it themselves in the public chat room.

(And I am realizing that my friends will probably read this and wonder why I didn't ask them to stop, but until this post I guess I didn't realize just how much I'd like it to change... so I'll just go ahead and link this to them for clarification.)

Edit to add: I am referring to peoples' names popping into the room list. If people say hi when they enter in the public chat, I am beyond thrilled that people say hi back to them. That's all good!

ga5457 said:
Guys posting emotes of erect penises or emotes of guys jerking off. If I wanted to see other guys penises I would be on entirely different sites.
Showing the model other peoples' penises in an attempt to turn her on is even worse than showing her your own penis in an attempt to turn her on - which is saying something.

AmberCutie said:
sometimes people come in who don't feel like chatting, and when they are greeted it's like they're being "called out" and may feel pressured to say hi or chat. (In fact, this used to happen when I'd visit Candie on my premium account. I'd quietly enter and wait for a chance to tip, and maybe chat privately in PM to her, but the room regulars would see my name enter and immediately all 10-20 of them would say hi to me in public chat. It felt awkward, and I hated that it took focus off of Candie in her own chat room.)
<<snipped>>
There are also days where I've talked privately with a regular and they aren't feeling chatty and just want to enjoy the room quietly for the shift. Totally ok with me any time this happens. But the room regulars are used to them talking more, and proceed to call them out for "being so quiet." Makes me feel bad. We all have our days we feel less social, shouldn't have to explain or make excuses.
Just to add one more scenario to this. I may be a regular in one room and chat quite a bit with everyone there, but when I go to a new room I'm usually pretty quiet for some time. Maybe even dozens of visits before I warm up or see a conversation I feel I can join. So when I go into a new room and there's people I know from other rooms and they immediately call me out I tend to freak out a little bit and get more nervous. I really wasn't ready to make my presence known since I don't know anything about the model, haven't read her profile yet, and don't know any of the history of what is okay to talk about. I prefer to ease into the conversations at my own pace just to avoid saying the wrong thing.

I think it goes without saying, but I hate beggers/demanding members. Especially when I have a topic for getting naked and they say "oh! You should just get naked bb." If Bob tips, I hate it when some random person decides to make a request on Bob's behalf. Don't do it. If you have a request, tip yourself..? ><;

I agree with the sentiment of guys who cheerlead in lieu of tips... I think that makes the room feel awkward..

JerryBoBerry said:
AmberCutie said:
sometimes people come in who don't feel like chatting, and when they are greeted it's like they're being "called out" and may feel pressured to say hi or chat. (In fact, this used to happen when I'd visit Candie on my premium account. I'd quietly enter and wait for a chance to tip, and maybe chat privately in PM to her, but the room regulars would see my name enter and immediately all 10-20 of them would say hi to me in public chat. It felt awkward, and I hated that it took focus off of Candie in her own chat room.)
<<snipped>>
Just to add one more scenario to this. I may be a regular in one room and chat quite a bit with everyone there, but when I go to a new room I'm usually pretty quiet for some time. Maybe even dozens of visits before I warm up or see a conversation I feel I can join. So when I go into a new room and there's people I know from other rooms and they immediately call me out I tend to freak out a little bit and get more nervous. I really wasn't ready to make my presence known since I don't know anything about the model, haven't read her profile yet, and don't know any of the history of what is okay to talk about. I prefer to ease into the conversations at my own pace just to avoid saying the wrong thing.

When that happens, I tend to leave immediately and watch from the Lounge.

Reactions: JimsX
  • talking too much
  • announcing that you don't have tokens, while saying that you're smoking pot (obviously have extra money to spend)
  • jumping in and out of the room, asking for a countdown update (probably trying to catch other free shows while waiting for this one)
  • expressing disappointment for missing a show that you didn't tip for
  • making requests during another show that you again didn't tip for

They're all small things but one member managed to do all of that, and the last thing finally got him banned.

This doesn't happen in my room but when I'm surfing sexy ladies and see a model putting on a good performance and her members are chatting to one another, it drives me bonkers.

Bonkers to the point that it doesn't matter if they're just innocently greeting a bosum buddy with a quick wave emote (and the models clearly fine with it) or they're actually tools and have gone wholly off topic and started a rapid public chat unrelated and counterproductive to the sexy lady trying to pay the rent before them.

It has happened in my room and I'm quick to proclaim something like, "You-and-you-so-and-so take your bromance to private message eh" and 9 times out of 10 they'll have a laugh and do just that. I don't have an inherent problem with premiums getting chummy with one another (in truth, when they can play off of eachother conversationally and keep the rooms emotional temperature at that perfect "sexy vibes with a funny, flirty undertone" degree it's GOLD, it's pure magic) But having them directly speak to one another is a totally idiosyncratic pet peeve of mine even when it's clear from the overall tone of the room that that's the norm, that the model is totally cool with it, and that the only weirdo in the room bothered by it is me haha.

schlmoe said:
2. Low amount (1-5 tokens) yellow walls by 1 dude. Kinda attention-whorish, IMO. OK. You tipped 20 tokens, great job! But stop acting like you cured cancer.
I think I love you. I once had a member beg me all day to get on late at night (way past my bedtime) just so he could do a yellow wall for a custom video and photo set that he wanted (one that he had successfully haggled me down for, I might add.) 1000 tokens, 10 tokens at a time. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that's a lot of money, but that dude dragged the tip out for all it was worth. He then asked that I post his yellow wall generosity on Twitter for all to see, demanded constant attention from me for months (on and off cam), and would come in my room and boast about spoiling me. :roll:

I should point out that the same day of his yellow wall, I got a similar generous tip from another member. Who tipped it in one go. Guess which one I was way more excited and grateful about? ;)

CharlotteLace said:
schlmoe said:
2. Low amount (1-5 tokens) yellow walls by 1 dude. Kinda attention-whorish, IMO. OK. You tipped 20 tokens, great job! But stop acting like you cured cancer.
I think I love you. I once had a member beg me all day to get on late at night (way past my bedtime) just so he could do a yellow wall for a custom video and photo set that he wanted (one that he had successfully haggled me down for, I might add.) 1000 tokens, 10 tokens at a time. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that's a lot of money, but that dude dragged the tip out for all it was worth. He then asked that I post his yellow wall generosity on Twitter for all to see, demanded constant attention from me for months (on and off cam), and would come in my room and boast about spoiling me. :roll:

I should point out that the same day of his yellow wall, I got a similar generous tip from another member. Who tipped it in one go. Guess which one I was way more excited and grateful about? ;)
How annoying! :roll:
Not to mention that a single 1000 token tip would have been much better for your camscore too, rather than keeping you on cam for several minutes having you watch him do something that could have been done in one fell swoop (or of course even in an offline tip). With some guys it's really all about the attention.

I guess ya have to learn something everyday.

Some models rooms tend to be more "social" than others. I agree with Schmoe, Amber, and Amy.

I only hope that I never ever had caused Duoshie ever to watch from the lounge.

What is obvious for some is clear as mud for others.

There are some very good points made here I hope not to be one of those room regulars that would be a distraction to the talent and other members.

When members change their username to something completely different and then get butthurt when I don't know who they are.

Oh gee sorry BigBuckHuntr-- oops, I mean PackersFan79-- I should have recognized you since you're the only person to ever use dark green Lucida Sans... :?

Sometimes I go to my PMs to see if I can figure it out that way but half the time the only PM history we have is me sending a video link or something. Just tell me who you are please!

WildFingers said:

To be honest, I've only been called out when I don't want to outside of Amber's room twice maybe. I can't exactly remember who called me out, but it wasn't you. It's not that big of a deal really, but some days I just don't want to be bothered. Part of it is my fault, because I should have stayed in Lounge10K. Oh well.

A few things:
Posting an autoplay youtube video on someone's profile, especially if it is 10x louder than the model (I feel that this can really hurt a model when a member does this....too loud)

Members who just pop in and ask for people to tip, without having tipped at all

People who jump on people for a simple request with "tip her for it" (While this doesn't always bother me, there are cases where it is a regular who normally tips a lot....so a simple request isn't too much to ask. So there is really no point in hounding him for not tipping...especially when it is someone who isn't a regular telling you to "tip her")...with that said, the model usually mentions that the guy has tipped a lot before and does the request...it just bugs me that members assume every request needs a tip.

PM'ing another member to badmouth about a model you both watch (Don't put people in a compromising position)

Asking about things that are clearly labelled in a topic

Finally, any member with hard to read font/color (Yellow being the worst)

ComicOzzie said:
Members who use 27 letters to spell out every fricking word.

Wooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu loooooooooooooooooooooooook hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

FOAD

This drives me insane. Real life conversations with people like this must be excruciating.

Godiva420 said:
No offence
I'm so super offended right now haha naw none taken and yeah they are kinda similar.

Show your tits/get naked and then I'll go pvt. Really dude? Are you seriously trying/willing to scam/lie just to see some titties? Have you no dignity guy? I cringe,lose faith in humanity, and kinda hate being a member everytime I see anything like this.

Greggory said:
PM'ing another member to badmouth about a model you both watch (Don't put people in a compromising position)

This happened to me a month or two back. I ended up removing the member from my friends list. Draggin' me into drama unnecessarily is not cool.

Reactions: Leon_Omega
DuoShi said:
WildFingers said:

To be honest, I've only been called out when I don't want to outside of Amber's room twice maybe. I can't exactly remember who called me out, but it wasn't you. It's not that big of a deal really, but some days I just don't want to be bothered. Part of it is my fault, because I should have stayed in Lounge10K. Oh well.

I wonder, since Amber has the coolest peeps that hang out in her room. When the regulars come in it is like when Norm walked into Cheers (I just wanted the - NORM! and yet i only found this)

I and I do understand that some of our calling out each other at times can be disruptive and for that I apologize.

Amberland community is such a nice place to hang out in and enjoy each other. Along with Amberland there is Candieland and when you cross the tracks you can find Locke's ville. Three models who really manage their rooms well.

But that is getting off topic.

ga5457 said:
Guys posting emotes of erect penises or emotes of guys jerking off. If I wanted to see other guys penises I would be on entirely different sites.
The worst was the dude giving another dude a blowjob one.

PunkInDrublic said:
Show your tits/get naked and then I'll go pvt. Really dude? Are you seriously trying/willing to scam/lie just to see some titties? Have you no dignity guy? I cringe,lose faith in humanity, and kinda hate being a member everytime I see anything like this.

Haha, I drunkenly warned my room the other day that that's the quickest way to get banned from my room. Especially if they throw in the "I want to see if it's worth buying" line. Motherfucker, you're lucky it's a "ban" button and not a "stab you in the eyeballs through the computer" button.

WildFingers said:
DuoShi said:
WildFingers said:

I wonder, since Amber has the coolest peeps that hang out in her room. When the regulars come in it is like when Norm walked into Cheers (I just wanted the - NORM! and yet i only found this)

I and I do understand that some of our calling out each other at times can be disruptive and for that I apologize.

Amberland community is such a nice place to hang out in and enjoy each other. Along with Amberland there is Candieland and when you cross the tracks you can find Locke's ville. Three models who really manage their rooms well.

But that is getting off topic.

You're good people, Fingahs. Don't forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.