AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Another Chaturbate C2C Question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Did a private on CB and the model asked me to open my camera, which I did.
A bit later on, I saw the status icon on the thumbnail view of my own image was grey - which indicates the model was not watching, it should turn orange when she accepts the request.
When we finished up, I asked if she had seen my stream - she said yes, all throughout.
Didn't make an issue out of it, figured maybe it was just a glitch and the status colour didn't change.
And I am not bothered if she did not actually open the camera, I get that some days you're just not in the mood.
(Although it would seem strange, as she was the one who asked to use C2C)
BUT:
She mentioned that the usual C2C pop-up screen cannot be enlarged, but you can enter the viewer's room and watch it full-size just like a model's primary broadcast window.
So for the models who do C2C on CB, can you go into a viewer's room and see their camera stream in there, without having to accept the C2C sharing request? If so, I will have to put a password on my room.......
And for any of the viewers who have shared your stream, have you ever noted the status light showing grey when it *should* be orange?

Well this just got a little stranger - I went into my room page on CB and clicked on 'broadcast yourself', then 'start broadcasting'. In seconds, my camera was broadcasting live images - luckily of a blank wall - to the internet. I shut it down immediately.
I am not age-verified through CB, and not a model - so I'm very surprised that this was possible. So potentially my C2C stream from yesterday went live to anyone who bothered to look at my room.
It seems that CB only requires someone to be age-verified to accept tokens, but not to show themselves live on camera???????
This appeared underneath the video window while it was briefly streaming live:
"You must submit age verification to enable the ability to receive tokens while broadcasting."

It seems that CB only requires someone to be age-verified to accept tokens, but not to show themselves live on camera???????
It's normaly the only thing that differentiates a viewer from a model, but I thought that it changed recently. Your account is old ?

Else:
Set a password to your room there :
in the tab : 1625919236034.png , not the password to connect to your account,
but this one :
1625919358536.png
and tell it to the model (copy / past in PM chat)

Reactions: rockin_rod
Didn't make an issue out of it, figured maybe it was just a glitch and the status colour didn't change.
on another hand, this should have changed yes and if it's a glitch, I never had it yet :/

also, something is weird with the model, she can open it and resize it since months and even have your cam on full screen... It's one of the last modifications on the site (I just tried to check if it's broken, hence the DP).

So she certainly didn't even try to open your direct c2c popup nor your profile's page

Thanks. I put a password on the room straight away, once I suspected it could have been seen by anyone in there.
But there was not one yesterday, so don't know if she could have seen it in there or not. And still concerning that I appear to be able to broadcast without being age-verified...... yikes.
As I mentioned, I'm not offended if she didn't open the camera after all, but if she was faking her reactions, the timing was perfect :)
She does multi-stream (I think through OBS), so not sure if that makes any difference to her screen views and options.
Will definitely be interesting on the next occasion!

Last edited:
Reactions: DoD404
And still concerning that I appear to be able to broadcast without being age-verified...... yikes.
I'm a bit surprised too : this point have changed months ago, only age verified members could open their room and also this direct c2c popup tool. I think that many paying users may have complain to be able to c2c without giving their real name to Chaturbate and I didn't know that it changed back like it was before ...

It means also that exhib cams are back ^^ (you've been one for a moment : cam visible publicly, no tip button, they are tagged 'exhibitionist')

Ha - at least I can count myself as an inadvertent exhibitionist yesterday, and now an ex-exhibitionist today :rofl:
(does that make me just an 'hibitionist'?)

But on a serious note, I can see people potentially getting banned from CB over this, not to mention the possibility of deliberate misuse of the site by non-verified broadcasters.
My bio page says "last broadcast 5 hours ago" so if someone wanted to complain, the evidence is there that I was online yet unverified. Heck, I even need to be age-verified to upload social media to the site.....

I think if you have an old account that purchased tokens prior to the exhibitionist changes you can still broadcast.

Edit: prior to the exhibitionist changes being completed I mean, because there was a brief time period when it actually said you had to buy tokens or send age verification to broadcast.

Last edited:
When were the exhibitionist changes made? This account was created around October 2020.
Never got any prompt or warning to submit age verification, I was able to just go straight into broadcasting with only the reminder that I could not receive any tokens unless I was verified.

I think if you have an old account that purchased tokens prior to the exhibitionist changes you can still broadcast.

Edit: prior to the exhibitionist changes being completed I mean, because there was a brief time period when it actually said you had to buy tokens or send age verification to broadcast.

I think that's right. With my old account I can broadcast fine. With a newer one that I made, I can't. The latter I can't even have a bio with HTML/CSS that works. With another I made after that the bio works, still can't broadcast. Seems maybe they tagged accounts with various abilities depending on when joined and what the rules were that day.

When were the exhibitionist changes made? This account was created around October 2020.
Never got any prompt or warning to submit age verification, I was able to just go straight into broadcasting with only the reminder that I could not receive any tokens unless I was verified.

Pretty sure it was after that. Maybe sometime early to the Spring of 2021. Seems like to me trying to think back now.

Just to let you know, the Cam2Cam feature is broken and has been for ages now.
For me, it rarely shows the "model has started viewing your cam" nor does it change to orange, yet I can tell you 100% the model was watching me.
The reason I can tell you this 100% is because they would react to me doing something within the video, for example when I waved they waved back, if I blew a random kiss they did it back.

So, it's very possible, just do random things throughout to try grab her attention to give a reaction back.

Edit:
To add - I use Chrome on Desktop and have the problem

Just to let you know, the Cam2Cam feature is broken and has been for ages now.
For me, it rarely shows the "model has started viewing your cam" nor does it change to orange, yet I can tell you 100% the model was watching me.
The reason I can tell you this 100% is because they would react to me doing something within the video, for example when I waved they waved back, if I blew a random kiss they did it back.

So, it's very possible, just do random things throughout to try grab her attention to give a reaction back.

Edit:
To add - I use Chrome on Desktop and have the problem
Brett, thanks for that!
As I mentioned in an earlier reply, her timing was perfect, and opening my cam was her suggestion, so I believed her when she said she saw throughout.
I'm using Firefox rather than Chrome, but maybe it's the site rather than the browser? Been many strange things happening with the site 'improvements' over at CB lately..... even the pm chat history has been wound back to just that day.
Can I also ask if you have the capability to broadcast your stream without being age-verified too?

I think that's right. With my old account I can broadcast fine. With a newer one that I made, I can't. The latter I can't even have a bio with HTML/CSS that works. With another I made after that the bio works, still can't broadcast. Seems maybe they tagged accounts with various abilities depending on when joined and what the rules were that day.
Thanks! So you could broadcast without verification too?
This seems like a really weird loophole to me. I was not aware of the exhibitionist thing, but (based on my own account) I have to prove identity and that I am legally an adult to receive tokens, but not to broadcast???

I do not know when they removed the purchase tokens aspect of it.

Brett, thanks for that!
As I mentioned in an earlier reply, her timing was perfect, and opening my cam was her suggestion, so I believed her when she said she saw throughout.
I'm using Firefox rather than Chrome, but maybe it's the site rather than the browser? Been many strange things happening with the site 'improvements' over at CB lately..... even the pm chat history has been wound back to just that day.
Can I also ask if you have the capability to broadcast your stream without being age-verified too?

I am age verified but I know many people never need to, because all they do is stream for cam2cam. Unless they changed something it should be fine to turn on cam2cam without issue.
The feature for cam2cam will only stream for the model and people can click your profile and view the profile and won't see your stream, so you shouldn't need to age verify for this either.

Remember that if you add a password to your room, if you then use the cam2cam feature the password will be removed so you will need to add it again if you go back tot he old version of cam2cam

Edit:
Oh ok see above

I am age verified but I know many people never need to, because all they do is stream for cam2cam. Unless they changed something it should be fine to turn on cam2cam without issue.
The feature for cam2cam will only stream for the model and people can click your profile and view the profile and won't see your stream, so you shouldn't need to age verify for this either.

Remember that if you add a password to your room, if you then use the cam2cam feature the password will be removed so you will need to add it again if you go back tot he old version of cam2cam

Edit:
Oh ok see above
I will test this with a friend and a new (2nd) account later on.
The model said that opening my room page showed her the camera feed, without her accepting the c2c request.
But I hadn't clicked on 'start broadcasting', only to share my camera with her. So this seems unusual.
At least now I have put a password on both the room and the camera access.

The model said that opening my room page showed her the camera feed, without her accepting the c2c request.
oooohh, so yes, that's the point (and finally trust her haha ).
I performed the test to confirm and yes, when you share with the c2c popup link, near the tip button, she can do it. I mean if she opens your profile, your stream is visible, just like a broadcaster room.
But it's visible only for her, others would see your room "offline" (I could test it also and it's maybe how the password is set for this usage and then deleted after) and effectively, you don't see the orange display as you described.

oooohh, so yes, that's the point (and finally trust her haha ).
I performed the test to confirm and yes, when you share with the c2c popup link, near the tip button, she can do it. I mean if she opens your profile, your stream is visible, just like a broadcaster room.
But it's visible only for her, others would see your room "offline" (I could test it also and it's maybe how the password is set for this usage and then deleted after) and effectively, you don't see the orange display as you described.
Awesome! Thank you so much for testing this, and for replying! Great to know (and trust :) )

EDIT:
Meant to add that the CB FAQ on C2C (https://support.chaturbate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061437411-How-to-Cam-To-Cam-C2C-) is very basic, but I did note this comment:
"Currently the Cam To Cam feature is meant to share only video."
This bears out something the model said during the private, she asked me to turn on my audio, but I couldn't find any way of doing that - there was an icon on the small C2C preview screen, but clicking it did nothing.
So I should have been in no doubt that she was really watching.

Last edited:
I honestly had no idea about the Exhibitionist removal until I read this thread. Very interesting.

CB gives me the impression I could broadcast if I chose to (my account is a few years old). All indications are that it would work if I tried it. And when I first started the account, I broadcast one time, very briefly, then never did it again. My profile still shows my last broadcast as over X years ago.

CB never asked for proof of my identity or age back then. They only asked for it when I started buying tokens. So they do know who I am (and how old), but I’m not broadcaster verified.

I’m curious enough to test this, but I don’t want my “last broadcast” indicator to update. I sure as hell don’t want to pop up in the “Online” section for people that follow me.

This bears out something the model said during the private, she asked me to turn on my audio, but I couldn't find any way of doing that - there was an icon on the small C2C preview screen, but clicking it did nothing.
This seems bugged here also.
I can have sound only when broadcasting from the profile with passwd, but not with this tool. Though, the page has the permission to use the mic and all seems ok, it just doesn't react at all .

I’m curious enough to test this, but I don’t want my “last broadcast” indicator to update. I sure as hell don’t want to pop up in the “Online” section for people that follow me.
I'm pretty sure that this would be updated even if you open your room with a password, but not with the new c2c feature... curious to confirm this ^^

eta: also, you can delete your followers. It's useless to follow if you never broadcast or post pic and vids, and I bet you don't

I'm pretty sure that this would be updated even if you open your room with a password, but not with the new c2c feature... curious to confirm this ^^

eta: also, you can delete your followers. It's useless to follow if you never broadcast or post pic and vids, and I bet you don't

Correct. No broadcast, no C2C, no posted pics or vids. Some models follow me because they’re familiar with me, but they aren’t getting any kind of content from it. I guess it just helps them organize their regulars into a list? I dunno.

I can delete followers? Another thing I did not know (never really thought about it). I have unfollowed models that I follow on occasion, but I did not realize I could force another member or model to unfollow me.

I don’t know if it’s a feature I would ever use, but if it exists, that’s interesting.

Some model do it just kindly as a politeness :)

Some do it to run in your room if you stream as exhib to call you to theirs, but if you never broadcast they will never see you. It's the only way they could use it efficiently, as there is no offline messaging on this dream site :)

very few could do it to stalk you and be jealous if they see you've been online (so in pvt c2c passwd with another one) and didn't come to her xD

Just to say, if you use the cam2cam feature, you do NOT appear online, not on the main page and not in the follower's tabs.
When you are LIVE (model is watching your cam) doing cam2cam with someone using the feature, other people can go to your PROFILE and it won't show your video stream, it will JUST be your regular profile.

I can delete followers? Another thing I did not know (never really thought about it). I have unfollowed models that I follow on occasion, but I did not realize I could force another member or model to unfollow me.
I don’t know if it’s a feature I would ever use, but if it exists, that’s interesting.
Yes, from your list of followers, click on the gear wheel icon (top right) on the follower's thumbnail, and you'll see the below options.
Until I put a password on my room, the number of followers was growing ridiculously, I only visit a small number of rooms, so all I can assume is that there are many models watching other model's rooms, and they target regular tippers to follow. Quite why, dunno.....
cb follower.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smoothie
Just to say, if you use the cam2cam feature, you do NOT appear online, not on the main page and not in the follower's tabs.
When you are LIVE (model is watching your cam) doing cam2cam with someone using the feature, other people can go to your PROFILE and it won't show your video stream, it will JUST be your regular profile.
This is very good to know. So although it seemed quirky in my example (since the model could view my stream without accepting the c2c request), the software must see my request as giving consent to that model to allow her to view the video.

Good to know. But does using the C2C feature still update your “last online” time on your profile page?

I ask because I know when you broadcast using a password, it prevents others from even seeing that you’re online during the broadcast. But as soon as you stop broadcasting under password, it will update your profile to tell everyone you were online.

Wondering if CB also blows your cover when you use C2C. :)

In my case (what started this thread), my profile did not state any recent broadcast after the c2c, and that one wasn't my first c2c either.
It was only after I was playing around with the 'broadcast yourself' function to test out what the model reported she did, that I went online and noticed the 'last broadcast' info had been updated.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smoothie
Status
Not open for further replies.