AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Another post about starting out (or not)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2019
So I want to start doing shows. I'm taking the summer to do heavy research and prepare myself.
Currently I'm getting some money from private shows and other stuff, from which I also learn a lot.
My problem is that I'm not a native speaker, as you can see. I'm learning English but I'm going really slow, I can understand pretty well but I express myself weirdly. Of course I'm doing efforts to improve, but still, would it be a big problem when I'm streaming? Even if I can understand what other ppl say (on chats), I pronounce pretty bad.
I want to start at the end of the summer, so yea I can improve a lot in 3 months, but still, it won't be enough to have a perfect spoken English.
I'm pretty sure this is really weird to ask, but what do you think I should do? Just give up?

Language is your obstacle? Not even half of CB's traffic is from countries where the first language is english.

A heavy accent, but understandable english can be a pro. For me at least.

Some rooms not a word is spoken and they do great.

I wouldn't worry too much about not being a native English speaker. You will probably find that in fact, you are better than you think you are - because you possibly have expectations for yourself, or what friends etc sound like.
I have spoken with plenty of women where they thought their English isn't all that good and they are hard to understand, but they really were not. Have other people told you it's tough to understand you? And is it a common occurrence?

Take for instance, you said "My problem is that I'm not a native speaker, as you can see" but I would not have guessed that had you not told us, it would not have crossed my mind.
Stuff like proper sentences punctuation and grammar, are not even in peoples minds on cam sites. The only time it would really be needed, is for some roleplay.

Reactions: AlexaCrush
Start now, polish as you go. Better to have a rough show than no show. Better to start today than tomorrow.

I was always told/taught "Tomorrow never comes" so if you keep putting it off and saying "tomorrow", you will never do it.

Your English sounds a lot better than mine when I started. Most likely there will always be things you want to do better, but actually doing them and learning along the way from mistakes is the best way to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.