AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any chaturbate users being auto forwarded to an affiliate link?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am being forwarded to one with "mobile redirect" and some other stuff in it, and this is with me using a Desktop, no different to any other time.

I will get the URL or at least see if the ID is the same as yours. I am trying to recreate it right now but I haven;t noticed anything specific that seems to trigger it, just me browsing.

Upvote 0
Affiliate links often inject cookies so if an end-user clicks a marketer's link and does not sign up until a later date, the marketer still receives credit for the sign-up. Did you click on a Chaturbate affiliate link recently? Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache. If this still persists, it can be indicative of a rogue extension, browser hijacking, or general malware.

I am being forwarded to one with "mobile redirect" and some other stuff in it, and this is with me using a Desktop, no different to any other time.

The mobile redirect would be caused by Chaturbate thinking you're using a mobile device--it might just be your browser falsely reporting your usage of a mobile browser, or Chaturbate misinterpreting your user agent. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless you're getting redirected to an affiliate link, which shows a profit motive. It seems like it could just be a bug.

Upvote 0
Here is what I just got when I went from my profile "followers" page to the home page:

https://chaturbate.com/?join_overlay=1&tour=grq0&mobileRedirect=never&disable_sound=0&campaign=HQv3F

Upvote 0
Affiliate links often inject cookies so if an end-user clicks a marketer's link and does not sign up until a later date, the marketer still receives credit for the sign-up. Did you click on a Chaturbate affiliate link recently? Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache. If this still persists, it can be indicative of a rogue extension, browser hijacking, or general malware.

The mobile redirect would be caused by Chaturbate thinking you're using a mobile device--it might just be your browser falsely reporting your usage of a mobile browser, or Chaturbate misinterpreting your user agent. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless you're getting redirected to an affiliate link, which shows a profit motive. It seems like it could just be a bug.

Looking at the last part of the ID on mine, it is the same as his. Seems odd and unlikely (although possible) that we are both visiting the same.. Plus I haven't clicked on anyone's that I can think, I am always logged in to either my "main" account or my secondary

Upvote 0
That's so strange! Who could be the owner of that affiliate link? Are they associated with CB staff? What OS/browser/extensions are you guys using? Are you able to recreate this after changing these variables; ie, seeing if it happens in Firefox instead of Chrome (in incognito mode or otherwise), or on Android instead of Windows?

BTW to clarify, when I mentioned cookie injections, I meant it's a feature of some affiliate marketing offers in general and not necessarily Chaturbate as I don't know if they do this or not.

Upvote 0
That's so strange! Who could be the owner of that affiliate link? Are they associated with CB staff? What OS/browser/extensions are you guys using? Are you able to recreate this after changing these variables; ie, seeing if it happens in Firefox instead of Chrome (in incognito mode or otherwise), or on Android instead of Windows?

BTW to clarify, when I mentioned cookie injections, I meant it's a feature of some affiliate marketing offers in general and not necessarily Chaturbate as I don't know if they do this or not.
I spoke to him in PM, right now based on the extensions we share and tests I believe it to be Super Auto Refresh Plus assuming it is an extension, if it isnt an extension it sure is a strange coincidence that it seems to only happen with that extension enabled. It doesn't happen every single time just once in a while but it never seems to happen with that extension disabled at least not so far. I also noticed it on stripchat as well. Its almost like it waits a long time between occurrences on purpose.

Upvote 0
If that's the case, I would recommend reporting that extension to whichever repository holds it--whether it's the Chrome Web Store or otherwise. Most repositories have policies against things like that. They will audit the code for sneaky behavior and respond accordingly. Furthermore, if the extension is performing browser hijacking like this by it's not a stretch to say it could be doing more behind your back.

Upvote 0
I fully removed that extension and I just received it again, I PMed @cbhours with the details, I will copy and paste here what I just did to get it again:

Ok so I just had this again. I have that super auto refresh uninstalled/removed.
I literally just came onto the PC, opened up a model's room, then opened the main page (clicking the CB logo) in a new tab (middle click mouse) and now I just got the URL again in the new tab.

https://chaturbate.com/?join_overlay=1&tour=grq0&mobileRedirect=never&disable_sound=0&campaign=HQv3F

Edit:
@punker barbie if you can help or give any advice?

Edit 2:
Ok I have submitted a ticket to support regarding this, I am sure it will be a generic reply "forwarded it to the devs" or something, but I am now very curious so will continue to follow it up to see wtf it is and why. Even if it's something innocent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.