AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any Music Service That Would Let Member Specify Which Songs Play in Model's Room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Is there any music service that would let a model create a shared music playlist that:

a) One or more viewers she designates can administer the list along with the model (i.e., add and delete songs, change play order, etc)
b) The model can then link to OBS and play back easily as a digital channel
c) The model can allow the remote viewer to specify which songs currently play on the list.

Basically I want a way to free a model who wants to play my playlist from the drudgery of constantly looking up each song.

Spotify would do similar things sort of... But even if the model "sold" their playlists.. You cant control it remotely nor does that model get any other compensation for the initial "purchase" of subscribing to their account... Maybe I misunderstood.. Apologies if I did im pretty damn tired right now..

Member: Can you play this song?
Me:

Is there any music service that would let a model create a shared music playlist that:

a) One or more viewers she designates can administer the list along with the model (i.e., add and delete songs, change play order, etc)
b) The model can then link to OBS and play back easily as a digital channel
c) The model can allow the remote viewer to specify which songs currently play on the list.

Basically I want a way to free a model who wants to play my playlist from the drudgery of constantly looking up each song.

There are a few OBS plugins that can do this with youtube or spotify to que. However you'll also run into the same issues you see on twitch.

1. Someone will add a troll song to the list
2. The model is forced to cancel songs she doesn't want but people feel they've 'tipped' to hear which might create unneeded resentments
3. People que songs with absurd long lengths (10 hour remix Daunbe Sandstorm)
4. Songs embedded in your videos can get DMCA request from music companies in some cases.

There are a few OBS plugins that can do this with youtube or spotify to que. However you'll also run into the same issues you see on twitch.

1. Someone will add a troll song to the list
2. The model is forced to cancel songs she doesn't want but people feel they've 'tipped' to hear which might create unneeded resentments
3. People que songs with absurd long lengths (10 hour remix Daunbe Sandstorm)
4. Songs embedded in your videos can get DMCA request from music companies in some cases.

Are the Youtube plugins part of the OBS distribution and if not do you have a link to some of those?

I guess if you go with Youtube, it is not possible to have two different accounts both have edit rights to the same playlist?

Are the Youtube plugins part of the OBS distribution and if not do you have a link to some of those?

I guess if you go with Youtube, it is not possible to have two different accounts both have edit rights to the same playlist?

The problem with Youtube is going to be ads that play in the middle of songs or playlists. There's also a pretty severe variation in upload quality and volume so that's not the best platform to run music.

On Spotify you can make playlists which can be made public. Of course if someone was moderating it, only they could moderate it, but it could at least be made public so that the model can play it directly from her own account. TBH it makes better sense for her to just run it or for you to create the playlist for her and share the link.

I don't remember which MFC model did this, but members could tip a special amount to choose songs that would go onto a playlist to be played in her room, and then members could tip larger amounts for certain "channels" to be played during her shift which were just different genres of music. If the model is the type that really enjoys taking song requests, and if it's a big part of her room culture, perhaps something like that could be something to suggest.

Reactions: Smores
The problem with Youtube is going to be ads that play in the middle of songs or playlists. There's also a pretty severe variation in upload quality and volume so that's not the best platform to run music.

YouTube Premium gets rid of ads, and you get YouTube Music and Google Play Music thrown in. I got that as soon as it became available in my country, and it's made YT bearable again.

MFC needs to up their tech game and add variations of the bots available on other platforms like Twitch, where NightBot lets you run song request queues without having to micromanage them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sansa
So is there some kind of plugin available for OBS that would directly point to a Spotify playlist and then play those songs on a dedicated sound channel whose volume you could adjust separate from the microphone channel? There are lots of articles and videos online explaining how to do this without a plugin, but it's generally more work and error prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.