AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any of you getting paying new customers in your room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneJaneth

Cam Model
Jul 9, 2022
SA, Capetown.
Streamate Username
JaneJaneth
It seems like if I didn’t have my regulars, I’d have gone hungry. Honestly, every new Person visiting my room only says stuff like show me that ass or take a boob out.

So, I’m asking if you guys getting new members who actually want to pay for things.

What is happening. I feel like I’m back on a token site with lots of gray user idiots.

It seems like if I didn’t have my regulars, I’d have gone hungry. Honestly, every new Person visiting my room only says stuff like show me that ass or take a boob out.

So, I’m asking if you guys getting new members who actually want to pay for things.

What is happening. I feel like I’m back on a token site with lots of gray user idiots.
Ive been camming since 2010 so I can really tell you what is happening. Inflation is killing the industry unfortunately. I used to live off camming. but starting in 2023, no I can't. We got hit with inflation pretty bad and only fortunately for some models theyll be able to continue living off it. I really suggest plan now for your future. Run other streams of income because this isn't getting any better.

Upvote 0
Today was a tough day, I streamed 1hr 50 then logged off and went hiking instead. Lots of other models were complaining about it in the Streamate discord group too. Despite being super slow and full of freeloaders, I did have new customers though. Seems like just lots of ups and downs these days. Last week I made it to #22 in the contest and had my best week ever. This week I'm averaging about 70% my usual hourly rate. Fingers crossed for next week!

Upvote 0
I have my regulars and new customers come through. It's all periodic though for some regulars; I'll see them and then there are times I won't see them for a while before they return.
I always recommend (like other models have) not putting all your eggs in one basket. I'll stream on SM for a while, sometimes take days away from there and use one of the other streaming platforms (ie Flirt4Free, Chaturbate, etc. - whichever of your choice) to balance things out. Some sites can be slow but others may not however personally for me Flirt4Free has been one of the slowest over the last month for some reason so I've been relying on SM for the most part.

I have unfortunately noticed a decline in traffic throughout all streaming platforms unfortunately as of late February of this year - my guess being inflation and the status of the world right now which streaming sites are taking a hit. Being one of the higher earning SM performers on the men's side *not to brag😅* I am experiencing this too so know you're not alone in this. Hoping the hit and miss days start to even out again and it picks up for all of us soon!

Today was a tough day, I streamed 1hr 50 then logged off and went hiking instead. Lots of other models were complaining about it in the Streamate discord group too. Despite being super slow and full of freeloaders, I did have new customers though. Seems like just lots of ups and downs these days. Last week I made it to #22 in the contest and had my best week ever. This week I'm averaging about 70% my usual hourly rate. Fingers crossed for next week!

Agree with you @Sashacurves - for me yesterday evening and today have been fairly slow. Today especially with very little traffic over the hour+/- I was online for so I signed off and took advantage of the day. Like you I was fortunate to have had a great week prior with last weeks contest. So much so I was drained towards the end of the week and took the last day and a half off but still was able to hold a ranking in the contest prizes thankfully. Congrats on your high rank!

I did notice SM having some tech issues with the stream and site functions over the last few days on both the performer and user ends like some have already mentioned but things seem to be running smoother for me today although traffic is still looking slow for now.
Will try again a little later and see if things pick up - really all you can do, take a break and try again at a different time or try different times that you usually aren't on to reach new users, that sometimes can help and give you an hour or two of steady traffic.

Upvote 0
LikeI said, not trying to be negative here, but I'm a veteran. Keep realistic expectations. and make life plans. and just keep this on the side. This industry is over saturated now and on top there's inflation.. It will get worse. Only the most successful models here will make it to being able to live off of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LilyBlueBBW
Upvote 0
I'm 70% of my shows new people and 30% with regulars at the moment. I had a slow start to the month but the last 2 weeks have been my best in the years I've been on the site.

If you're only getting regulars, perhaps start a bit earlier or finish a bit later to see if you get a different group of guys that are online.

Upvote 0
I don't think I've got a level 5 yet, what's their spend for that?

I had a guy last week who went straight to Level 4 in his first show but I haven't seen him since his second so I dunno if it pushed him over.

Upvote 0
I don't think I've got a level 5 yet, what's their spend for that?

I had a guy last week who went straight to Level 4 in his first show but I haven't seen him since his second so I dunno if it pushed him over.
Same I've never had a 5 guy :( a few 4s here and there but the 4s tend to go find me for shows off site, or they get bored of me haha

Upvote 0
i think its either 5 or 10 grand? they've all been with me for a long time, most since 2016 and are GFE, sugar daddy, roleplay and fashion show type guys so loooong shows. my regular standard penetration show guys rarely make it past level 3 before they get bored with me and move on lol

Upvote 0
roleplay and fashion show type guys so loooong shows.
I can confirm this. I make accounts under the models I regular so they get the %70 and only use those accounts on just them, and have 3 maxed accounts. Good Roleplay models are very hard to come by. Screenshot (92).png

Upvote 0
I can confirm this. I make accounts under the models I regular so they get the %70 and only use those accounts on just them, and have 3 maxed accounts. Good Roleplay models are very hard to come by. View attachment 96231
Your Member levels are different than our member levels. Models' member levels are based a member spending on that individual model's room. You have your own member level which is based on what you've spent across the board. For example in my room i think you are a two.

Upvote 0
I can confirm this. I make accounts under the models I regular so they get the %70 and only use those accounts on just them, and have 3 maxed accounts. Good Roleplay models are very hard to come by. View attachment 96231
Thats a really great idea though, I wish my big spending regulars did this! I only have 2 guys who are signed up on my referral link but it makes such a huge difference when they do.

Upvote 0
i think its either 5 or 10 grand? they've all been with me for a long time, most since 2016 and are GFE, sugar daddy, roleplay and fashion show type guys so loooong shows. my regular standard penetration show guys rarely make it past level 3 before they get bored with me and move on lol
I’m thinking guys who just want regular penetrating shows will always just come and go. The ones who do completely different things like you mention, fashion show and role plays are the one who will stick with you for a long time. I wish I had more of those type.

Upvote 0
I’m thinking guys who just want regular penetrating shows will always just come and go. The ones who do completely different things like you mention, fashion show and role plays are the one who will stick with you for a long time. I wish I had more of those type.
I wish my fashion show and other niche fetish guys who do super long shows would show up more often. Not just for the money but because they tend to be some of the most interesting, polite and patient people ❤️. Or like you say, just more of them lol

Upvote 0
I wish my fashion show and other niche fetish guys who do super long shows would show up more often. Not just for the money but because they tend to be some of the most interesting, polite and patient people ❤️. Or like you say, just more of them lol
In have had some great shows like this, they let you find the item, get changed, show them off. Keen without being demanding.

Upvote 0
While I'm getting a few new guys my traffic on Streamate has dropped dramatically. A good portion of that I think is the awful technical issues it has been plagued with the last 3 months or so though. I'm splitting it with more sites and am planning to add in several more.

Upvote 0
While I'm getting a few new guys my traffic on Streamate has dropped dramatically. A good portion of that I think is the awful technical issues it has been plagued with the last 3 months or so though. I'm splitting it with more sites and am planning to add in several more.
I want badly to split streamate with another site, but I have no idea which site. I can only do private based sites, I absolutely loathe token sites, and I haven’t seen anything better that streamate. Or that I know of. Maybe ImLive? 🤔🤔

Upvote 0
Maybe one of the straight to private sites with no free chat at all? They have a lower ppm and less traffic but they are very easy to split cam with.
I split Streamate with xModels as well as Skype & phone sites but it isn't enough so I'm going to add some more. I've been thinking about ImLive myself but those damn 12% bonus credits have me leery. The idea of doing a show and only getting 12% is just so ugh.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Maybe one of the straight to private sites with no free chat at all? They have a lower ppm and less traffic but they are very easy to split cam with.
I split Streamate with xModels as well as Skype & phone sites but it isn't enough so I'm going to add some more. I've been thinking about ImLive myself but those damn 12% bonus credits have me leery. The idea of doing a show and only getting 12% is just so ugh.

I used to LOVE ImLive back in the day, and would have even recommended it to Jane above as the site for her to split with Streamate. But I won’t do that because the news about that bonus credits b.s. (which I found out about on StripperWeb Forum…R.I.P., StripperWeb) disgusted me enough to completely close my account there. I believe ImLive lost a lot of good models when they did that.

Like seriously…telling members that models can give them a discount (So now you got cheapass dudes who only do like 7-minute privates to begin with…asking you “Can I have your discount code?” Smh) wasn’t enough? They just had to go enforce some “bonus credits” nonsense that winds up fucking the models over….. Like wtf were they smoking when they came up with that mess? ImLive was one of those sites I’d enjoyed staying logged into while doing other stuff around the house or watching a movie, because I stayed in private chat only mode…and didn’t have to entertain dudes in free chat.

Upvote 0
I used to LOVE ImLive back in the day, and would have even recommended it to Jane above as the site for her to split with Streamate. But I won’t do that because the news about that bonus credits b.s. (which I found out about on StripperWeb Forum…R.I.P., StripperWeb) disgusted me enough to completely close my account there. I believe ImLive lost a lot of good models when they did that.

Like seriously…telling members that models can give them a discount (So now you got cheapass dudes who only do like 7-minute privates to begin with…asking you “Can I have your discount code?” Smh) wasn’t enough? They just had to go enforce some “bonus credits” nonsense that winds up fucking the models over….. Like wtf were they smoking when they came up with that mess? ImLive was one of those sites I’d enjoyed staying logged into while doing other stuff around the house or watching a movie, because I stayed in private chat only mode…and didn’t have to entertain dudes in free chat.
It is nonsense. I think I'm still going to give it a go though and see what happens. I sent in my paperwork for Arousr & am working on getting CamContacts set up. I've also been thinking about SoulCams & Visit-X.

Upvote 0
It is nonsense. I think I'm still going to give it a go though and see what happens. I sent in my paperwork for Arousr & am working on getting CamContacts set up. I've also been thinking about SoulCams & Visit-X.

That’s good that you’re exploring your options. Good luck, especially with Arousr. They did me kinda dirty (explained in the Arousr thread on here). Maybe they’ll treat you better though. SextPanther seems to be the more popular and certainly more professional sexting/phone site.

Upvote 1
Like @yummybrownfox, I would be vary wary of Arousr. Their support is extremely unsupportive of models and rude

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 1
I couldn't respond on the Arousr thread because it is locked but that is very unsettling. It might be a non issue as it has been several weeks with no response even after I had followed up with a email which is very rude especially considering the ridiculous registration.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
Hi, I’ve been on streamate for quite a while and I’ve never noticed being able to see a customer’s level. I’ve never even heard of that. Where can you find it?

Upvote 0
You can only see their level in relation to what they spend in your room. For example, they spend $5 in your room then the next time they come in your room there will be a number 1 next to their name. After they have spent a total of $100 it will change to 2. $500 is 3, $2500 is 4 and i forget what level 5 is because I only ever had 1.

The level @SMuser69 talks about can only be seen the customer's profile and is related to what they spend on the site as a whole, we don't have access to that.

Reactions: jamescam
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.