1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Any other true crime nerds here?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Lavender_Locke, May 23, 2018.

1. Lavender_Locke

The staircase documentary series has just been put on Netflix, so I was wondering, with that and various others on there.... any true crime buffs about? I want to talk about the owl theory!

• Inspiring Topic Inspiring Topic x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. NoelleBright

Cam Model

I love true crime!
    I personally don't feel as though the owl theory stands up and that The Staircase was extremely biased.
    Mainly, I haven't seen a good explanation for the crushed thyroid cartilage and how it would relate to an owl attack. She also had defensive bruises on her arms, but if she were fighting off an owl wouldn't she also have talon marks on her arms and hands? If a bird were attacking my head my immediate reaction would be to cover it with my arms, which would most definitely result in lacerations. I just think it's too outlandish to make much sense especially when you take all the other information into consideration (their debt, the threat of her losing her job, his infidelity, etc).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DFT

DFT

Tried "American Vandal" as comedy entremet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MDouble00

I still have the last episode of "It Was Him: The Many Murders of Ed Edwards" to watch. Moderately interesting look at a possible suspect/candidate to be the "Zodiac Killer" + some other serial killer cases. I would say the principle investigator goes tin foil crazy, but was entertaining. I haven't started the "Staircase" but it is on my list in Netflix. I have to say the last series I watched on Netflix of this nature was "The Keepers" - I can't recall anything that has audibly made me say WTF so often in a shocking sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michelle Alvon

I love watching the id channel, nat geo's air disasters, the mentalist, inspector lynley's mysteries which I don't know if you heard of, but the chemistry between the actors is amazing and the pilot till season 3 or 4 is great afterward it went downhill for me, CSI MIAMI like crazy, watched all 10 seasons! #nuts

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Luxy Reid

Cam Model

The mishandling and misrepresentation of the scene and evidence was just...so gross this should have just been thrown out. I think Peterson did it still though, just not with the blow poke. I just can't wrap my head around how a skinny middle aged lady can fall with that amount of force from 3!!! Steps to cause those lacerations and bleeding unless she was running like 30+mph. They had a biomechanical guy there, why didn't they go into more of the actual physics rather than just proving how it was possible she could have fallen to hit her head in said spots? What about the force involved? Every expert that was called on seemed to do such a superficial job. Maybe they did go more in depth and was just edited out- I just think if this documentary is meant to convince me of his innocence they didn't do a good enough job. I think they argued about something and he shoved her head.

I have 0 idea why he'd kill the first lady in germany- I wonder if he took her kids in because he felt guilty or wanted to look better if he was caught.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kitty1purry

Cam Model

I live true crime because I hate sleep, I even almost majored in forensick in university on a big podcast kick while editing content etc and while it's not a sexy mood it's so interesting in a morbid way I feel like I have this mentality where "the more I know about true crime the less likely it is to happen to me"

8. Guy

Guy

Have you seen the show Happily Never After?

9. ollyjade

I just recently started "I am a Killer" on Netflix
    Inmates on death row talk about their crimes and the history of how they ended up on death row
    I highly recommend it, i'm utterly obsessed.

• Like Like x 1