AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any Site That Lets Models Run Private Discussion Forum?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Is there any website that allows models to set up a private discussion forum? I am thinking of a place where a model could invite just her best customers, and they can all interact with each other and the model and discuss what they want to see in the model's future shows or products. Ideally this should be a place where the model can post explicit photos and not be subject to extreme censorship.

Reactions: AvaCharlotte
Wouldn't a discord channel achieve what you are looking for?

Speaking a little from experience here, I am a member of a couple of Private, invite only Discord channels where only a select few of the followers of a model gather and talk. We have a couple of chat rooms covering different topics and is sort of an exclusive invitation only club.

You can share images, even setup a voice chat room etc.

Wouldn't a discord channel achieve what you are looking for?

Speaking a little from experience here, I am a member of a couple of Private, invite only Discord channels where only a select few of the followers of a model gather and talk. We have a couple of chat rooms covering different topics and is sort of an exclusive invitation only club.

You can share images, even setup a voice chat room etc.

I have never used Discord. What kind of standards do they have about adult material in their forums?

Can you explain the basic idea of this product? They talk about people having their own "servers", but clearly people are not running Discord on their own hardware. And I kind of doubt that they set up a virtual machine (VM) for each user and you are the administrator of that VM down to the file system level? How do they mean "server" in Discord-speak, and what level of control does the owner of each server have?

What is the best tutorial out there for how to create and administer a Discord server?

Discord is a chat app that lets you create different "channels" on your server for different categories if you so wish. You can do voice channels as well. Its used heavily for online gaming but obviously it can be used for anything. On Discord a Server is just your own "room" I suppose. Discord is an alternative to Teamspeak if you're familar with that.

In their Community Guidelines they say you need to mark any NSFW areas but they arent against the rules. Otherwise, they have pretty standard rules. https://discordapp.com/guidelines

Discord is one of the easiest things to set up. You can go directly to their website https://discordapp.com/ to either download the app or you can use it right on the web. After logging in, on the left there will be "+" symbol. Click that and you can Create or Join a server. From there you can make "channels" within your server for different topics and there is the option to make voice channels as well. You can create an invite link as well as give certain members on your "server" different permissions. They make it pretty simple to understand once you create the server. They have tips and explanations throughout the interface.

It will make more sense if you access Discord and look around. They also have every question under the sun here: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us

Sorry this is a long post, and really only covers some of what Discord can do.

If you are familiar at all with the old IRC based world, then Discord is essentially a step up from that because it allows direct image pasting into a "server". When you connect to a Discord server, you are not connecting to another user - the server itself resides on the Discord side. So if you were ever concerned about security, you can not derive a user's IP address, location or any other identifying information about them. Likewise when you use the voice chat or video chat features, you are connecting to the Discord server which acts as a 3rd party intermediary which then connects to the other partner of the communication (note this can be more than 1-1 it can be many-many if setup like this).

Because the server doesn't sit on a 'users' computer, it means it is online 24/7 independent of who created it. Transferring ownership of the server is quite simple too (just a few clicks).

There is a lot of material on the Discord site about setting up a server and how to do so, more than I could possibly put here - so like MaePeach suggested, have a look on the Discord support forums using her link.

That said, I have setup a Discord server for a model I follow and still administer, so I will explain a little how I set this one up (and by no means is this indicative of how you should do it, but feel free to use the ideas I shared).

Firstly I have setup access levels for the different tiers of members. The Tiers I use (in order of rights/access to the system) are: Admin, Model, Moderator, Fanclub, Fans, Greys, Everyone. Everyone is a default account created and when someone new joins the server they are automatically assigned to that role.
I have a separate Admin account to remove the "crown" that appears next to the server administrator in the chat. No one is actually assigned to that role, so it supresses the 'crown' that appears normally next to their name.

Each tier has a different colour (I've used the CB colours Model-Orange, Moderator-Red, Fanclub-Green, Fans-Blue, Grey-Grey).

From the server, I have a couple of text-based channels with varying levels of access. Models and Moderators can access all of the public channels.

The channels that I have are Announcements, Rules, General, Fanclub, Moderator.
Announcements - only allowed users can post when the model will be on next, or any important updates like absences etc.
Rules - a static channel that all users are expected to read and follow the defined rules (as determined in this case by the model herself). The permissions on this channel allow everyone to read them, but no one can post or make comments in it - so it is a static "list" of whats expected about their membership in Discord.
General - Everyone has access to read/write and this is where the bulk of the conversations happen on the server
Fanclub - restricted to the model, moderators and fanclub members. More exclusive chat room where fans can talk about more fan related topics, for example the videos that the model releases that are available only to the fanclub, released each month.
Moderator - restricted to the model and her moderators to discuss management of the room or any other topic as needed.

Also, these rooms can be flagged as "NSFW" which requires a person to accept that NSFW material can be observed. I believe as long as it is correctly flagged, Discord have not taken any direct action against those rooms. There has been talk in the past about this on this forum and I believe they are sex worker friendly/adult material friendly.

If a user doesn't have the right to access a channel, they simply can't see it in their discord channel listing. So the Fans would never know there is a FanClub channel unless they were told, or later became a fanclub member. Changing permissions is simply right clicking on a users name and changing it with a tick box.

There are additional chat rooms that I have created for "special" events in the past. For example I wanted to have a chat room setup to talk about the Birthday party for the model. To keep it a secret from the model, I setup the permissions so they couldnt see that channel. Later, I added the model back in after the actual event so they could see what was said. I've done this about 5-6 times for different reasons and had different levels of control over who could see it.

I have also imported a Music Bot into the server which is a command driven applet which connects to youtube and will play the music from youtube. In this instance on fanclub members can use the commands, but fans can join and listen. This way people can be in a shared voice room and listen to the music together as a collective. I've seen upwards of half a dozen people join this room at different times of days to listen to the music.

The voice rooms don't get a lot of 'action' as such on my server, but the chat room is active all times of the day. As many of the model's fans are spread around the world, it gives us all the ability to remain in contact with each other when her room is offline, or she is away.

Uploading a picture to Discord, is simply a case of dragging and dropping an image into a Channel. So a model could upload images easily by doing that and any one who has access to that channel can see the image (Note that this also allows the viewer to download the image as well).

Some of the other things you can do with Discord include - adding "game" bots which create some simple text based games, music bots (mentioned above), private messaging (PMs are 1-1, so are completely independant of the server, this can be controlled directly by the user to allow/disallow PMs as per their discretion*), video chats (i have used the video chat in the past for a private show, like you would do with Skype perhaps) and so on.

*When Discord was setup, the model was worried about everyone wanting to PM her constantly, so she set it up that you can only PM her if you are on her "friends" list in Discord, and further restricted that she has to friend you - if you try to add her as a friend, the systm disallows it. This gave her control over who can PM her by inclusion and everyone else is automatically excluded.

This model has been using Discord now for about a year and she has said to me in the past that she thinks it was a great idea to bring her "closest" fans together and create a small family like construct. We are quite chatty on Discord and its a great way to share and stay in touch.

One other side advantage is that when the streaming servers have had chat problems in the past, she continued to video stream on the site and moved to chat with the regulars in the discord channel. There are obvious limits here as some people will miss out, but those who were in Discord at the time could continue to enjoy her show and still chat with her.

Sorry about this email being so long and I might have jumped around a fair bit, but hope it gives you some insight.

Discord is a chat app that lets you create different "channels" on your server for different categories if you so wish. You can do voice channels as well. Its used heavily for online gaming but obviously it can be used for anything. On Discord a Server is just your own "room" I suppose. Discord is an alternative to Teamspeak if you're familar with that.

In their Community Guidelines they say you need to mark any NSFW areas but they arent against the rules. Otherwise, they have pretty standard rules. https://discordapp.com/guidelines

Discord is one of the easiest things to set up. You can go directly to their website https://discordapp.com/ to either download the app or you can use it right on the web. After logging in, on the left there will be "+" symbol. Click that and you can Create or Join a server. From there you can make "channels" within your server for different topics and there is the option to make voice channels as well. You can create an invite link as well as give certain members on your "server" different permissions. They make it pretty simple to understand once you create the server. They have tips and explanations throughout the interface.

Thanks for that summary. Are the "voice channels" basically just conference calls? Everyone with access can just talk at the same time and everyone in the channel hears that? Do they have any concept of a person-to-person private phone call, to compete directly against Skype? I wonder if that voice channel idea could be used together with a group show on CB? Is it like a walkie-talkie, so you can just talk and listen without clicking a lot of buttons?

If I want to just look around and try out the feature, are there any good public rooms to use for testing?

Thanks for that summary. Are the "voice channels" basically just conference calls? Everyone with access can just talk at the same time and everyone in the channel hears that? Do they have any concept of a person-to-person private phone call, to compete directly against Skype? I wonder if that voice channel idea could be used together with a group show on CB? Is it like a walkie-talkie, so you can just talk and listen without clicking a lot of buttons?

If I want to just look around and try out the feature, are there any good public rooms to use for testing?

Yeah they are just like conference calls. You can also call and video chat individuals directly. By default you just talk and listen, but you can change settings so it's push to talk, which can be useful at times. You can also set a sound threshold so that only sounds that at louder get picked up by the mic.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
There's no real limit of how many people can be in a voice channel room, the server admin can control this if wanted. A room can be set up for a 2 participants only, but you would be better using the Private Messaging component of Discord for that instead, and the participants are then hidden.
When you connect to a voice channel, everyone can see you are in there as your nickname appears in the list and flashes green when speaking.

You can force push to talk as an option, you can give priority voice (where if that person talks, their volume is up but everyone elses is reduced to make them softer). You can make people only have "listen" rights too. There is a threshold option for being able to just talk into the mike and anything above a certain level gets transmitted as well.

Someone with more rights can mute people, deafen (as in turn their speakers off so they cannot hear whats being said in a room), move people between voice chat rooms - very similar to team speak/ventrilo

• Helpful!
Sorry this is a long post, and really only covers some of what Discord can do.

This was great and you can be sure I bookmarked it.

Firstly I have setup access levels for the different tiers of members. The Tiers I use (in order of rights/access to the system) are: Admin, Model, Moderator, Fanclub, Fans, Greys, Everyone. Everyone is a default account created and when someone new joins the server they are automatically assigned to that role.
I have a separate Admin account to remove the "crown" that appears next to the server administrator in the chat. No one is actually assigned to that role, so it supresses the 'crown' that appears normally next to their name.

I am surprised that Discord does not already provide a pretty complete taxonomy of user "roles". You did a superb job of filling those out, and it is pretty obvious to me you have some MIS/QA/Development experience because those roles all strike me as correct for the activity.

The voice rooms don't get a lot of 'action' as such on my server, but the chat room is active all times of the day. As many of the model's fans are spread around the world, it gives us all the ability to remain in contact with each other when her room is offline, or she is away.

It was not clear to me which of the channels you gave was a "voice room". One or more voice rooms live inside each channel, or is a voice room a parallel concept?

This model has been using Discord now for about a year and she has said to me in the past that she thinks it was a great idea to bring her "closest" fans together and create a small family like construct. We are quite chatty on Discord and its a great way to share and stay in touch.

Loyalty marketing is always a good idea if you have a "brand" and a loyal customer base.

For those who use Discord often, what are the advantages to installing the Windows software versus just using the cloud-based login? Are there any really essential features you only get in the software version?

It was not clear to me which of the channels you gave was a "voice room". One or more voice rooms live inside each channel, or is a voice room a parallel concept?

Text based chat rooms are independent from the voice chat rooms. When you create a channel, you choose to make it either a text one or a voice one at the time its added to the server. A text chat room is identified by having a # icon next to it and a voice room has a small speaker icon next to it.

There's no feature to "combine" them together, but you don't really need it. As you can be in the voice channel and still see the text chat channel and keep typing while talking.

For those who use Discord often, what are the advantages to installing the Windows software versus just using the cloud-based login? Are there any really essential features you only get in the software version?

To be honest theres not really a big difference between using the web client vs the windows client anymore. In the past the differences were greater but they are fairly on par with each other. You can do pretty much everything on the web client that you can do with the full client. For me personally, I like not having Discord tied to a webpage so if I close my browser or my browser crashes, then Discord is unaffected.

I have been logged into both the desktop client and the web client at the same time with my account as well - useful if you want to use the video chat in the client full screen and then use the webclient for the text chat at the same time.

There are also mobile clients too - I use the Android version alot (There is an iOS version, but I have never used this). The mobile client is a bit annoying to use for administrating a server, but it can be done if you need to.

Assuming firewalls/proxies etc allow it and you dont have administrative rights to your computer the web client will work in a snap then too.

Short Answer: No real difference.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
I should point out (sorry for the double post) that I use Discord only for the chatting and voice chat. I use the private messaging system alot (I am friends with people I that do not share the same servers I am a member of). If you were planning to stream computer games using Discord, using the full client may very well be the better choice for that.

If you don't already know and understand these things, send your models here directly to learn instead of passing on knowledge as a middleman, eh?

ETA: By "your models" I obviously mean... "the models you attempt to groom to be dependent on you as some kind of weird power thing that you pass of as and probably somehow actually still believe is a sort of benevolence"

Last edited:
You can create a server in less than 30 seconds, setting it up can take a little time to get it "just right" but I created a blank canvas last night and it took me about 10 mins to complete. As I've been using it for over 2 years I know a little about it - I don't claim to be an expert user, just a knowledgeable one.

I'm not going to argue the merits for, or against using Discord - I've only tried to explain what it can do and how I used it/set it up for someone. If you think this is something that would work for you and your fanclub - great! If you don't think its for you - no problems either!

Discord takes very little time and effort to setup. And how did you conclude it's a waste of time?

Giving customers a place where they can chat any time of the day or night can lead to them expecting a reply immediately, which is draining. We've seen again and again when models offer lifetime snapchat, people buy it, and then they stop tipping and expect constant attention "because I bought your snapchat".

Reactions: melanieoncam
We've seen again and again when models offer lifetime snapchat, people buy it, and then they stop tipping and expect constant attention "because I bought your snapchat".
THIS!!!
I don't know about "expect constant attention" part because I don't offer it and let people know about it from the very beginning. But fuck! The part "models offer lifetime snapchat, people buy it, and then they stop tipping" is so relatable!
And the saddest thing is that you really can't do anything about it.
They didn't promise to visit you again. They didn't promise to buy your new videos.
And yet, whole situation leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Giving customers a place where they can chat any time of the day or night can lead to them expecting a reply immediately, which is draining. We've seen again and again when models offer lifetime snapchat, people buy it, and then they stop tipping and expect constant attention "because I bought your snapchat".

Discord is designed mainly as a way for a group of people to interact, not 1-on-1 attention. That's the way most people use and that's what the general expectation is for people who do use it, so a comparison to snap chat doesn't really make sense. If anyone has that concern they can simply charge for access to the discord, or like some models do charge access for more exclusive parts of the discord where they get more attention. There are probably bots out there that can be setup to automatically remove members from groups after a certain time period if someone wished to charge for only limited access.

Is there any website that allows models to set up a private discussion forum? I am thinking of a place where a model could invite just her best customers, and they can all interact with each other and the model and discuss what they want to see in the model's future shows or products. Ideally this should be a place where the model can post explicit photos and not be subject to extreme censorship.
Emmm.... Camgirl.Cloud the Inbox system covers this aspect but not for multi conversations (multiple users in chatbox) because it will become the same as chaturbate chat or facebook group and, not so private anymore....
Any platform with permission functionality can become private.
Wordpress CMS website can hold a password protected page with such features
Even this forum board has permissions and can act like you've mentioned above.
Also there are other online services like volafile.org does exactly that , pad.riseup.net allows a similar functionality (less of an attractive interface)

• Helpful!
Status
Not open for further replies.