AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone know anything about Colour Range?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2019
GTA
Twitter Username
@naija_prince_
Chaturbate Username
_nigerian_prince_
I'm having this issue where my video looks great in OBS, and a little flatter, but it has too much contrast and looks over-saturated on the users end, and also when I look at sample recordings. Currently I have my colour range set on full, but it appears my recordings and stream are in partial. To most people it looks fine, but I can't look past it lol 🙃

I'm having this issue where my video looks great in OBS, and a little flatter, but it has too much contrast and looks over-saturated on the users end, and also when I look at sample recordings. Currently I have my colour range set on full, but it appears my recordings and stream are in partial. To most people it looks fine, but I can't look past it lol 🙃
I had the same issue on my old laptop where the panel in it dosnt have a lot of contrast or saturation, so my videos always came out too contrasty and over saturated. I used to combat it by using multiple different monitors (phones, tv etc) to try and adjust my color to where it looked fine across everything.
You could go as far as getting a color calibration tool to calibrate your monitors color's (there's a link below) if you can adjust the color values interdependently, I found that using multiple screens to check the colors worked pretty well and I didnt have options for adjusting the colors on my laptop screen, so never did order a calibration tool, but they do have good reviews on YouTube.

I had the same issue on my old laptop where the panel in it dosnt have a lot of contrast or saturation, so my videos always came out too contrasty and over saturated. I used to combat it by using multiple different monitors (phones, tv etc) to try and adjust my color to where it looked fine across everything.

I should clarify, the colour looks different in OBS and recordings on the same laptop. I read somewhere that browsers mostly work with the partial colour range so I'm wondering if that's the issue on the streaming side, though if that's the case I would still like to be able to record in full colour for easier editing.

I should clarify, the colour looks different in OBS and recordings on the same laptop. I read somewhere that browsers mostly work with the partial colour range so I'm wondering if that's the issue on the streaming side, though if that's the case I would still like to be able to record in full colour for easier editing.
are the recordings recorded through obs too? Cant say I have noticed that issue but then I very rarely record through my pc, and never record through a web source, although I do broadcast with an ip cam that's picked up in obs via a html5 video feed, I haven't really noticed any major color shift with that either.
If your not recording through obs then I would give that a try, and see if you have the same color issue, just to see where the color change get's introduced.

are the recordings recorded through obs too? Cant say I have noticed that issue but then I very rarely record through my pc, and never record through a web source, although I do broadcast with an ip cam that's picked up in obs via a html5 video feed, I haven't really noticed any major color shift with that either.
If your not recording through obs then I would give that a try, and see if you have the same color issue, just to see where the color change get's introduced.

Yeah, the recordings are through OBS as well.

Thats really strange, what are your recording settings set to? it could be due to the recording quality or the output format. That's pretty much all you are able to change so it's the only thing I can think of that would be able to effect the output of the video.

It could be due to the FLV file, That's basically the only thing that's different from my settings and I just did a check and I dont seem to have the issue of colors changing so that's pretty much the only thing I could see it being. Try mp4 or MKV see if that clears up the issue, if not then im out of ideas for now.

Reactions: DoD404
It could be due to the FLV file, That's basically the only thing that's different from my settings and I just did a check and I dont seem to have the issue of colors changing so that's pretty much the only thing I could see it being. Try mp4 or MKV see if that clears up the issue, if not then im out of ideas for now.
mp4 is what I usually use to record, I only just switched to flv today after two videos were lost due to OBS not working properly. The issue was present in mp4 recordings however.

If you have the setting on full range and send it to a browser, the browser will pull everything from 0-16 down to 0, and 235-255 up to 255. And while if you have the setting on partial the naked eye can hardly tell that there are 35 colors skipped, but when the browser attempts to convert it, it does show. So far I know the recommended setting for streaming is partial.

Status
Not open for further replies.