AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are Amazon Gift Cards Safe/Legit

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoraSkyes

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 11, 2016
Midwest
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@SkyesNora
Tumblr Username
NoraSkyes
MFC Username
NoraSkyes
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002424242/NoraSkyes/
Hey girls I have a question about using Amazon Gift Cards as a form of payment.

For years I have always been very strict about my payments, it always had to be upfront and in a solid form that I knew had no risks but today a regular has come to me asking if I accepted Amazon Gift Cards for payments on a custom video.

Normally I have all my custom video requests go through ManyVids but since he's been a long time regular I understand some guys prefer to keep these erotic purchases under the radar.

The question I guess I am trying to get to is: Is there any risks with accepting Amazon GC as a payment form?

There's a period where they can be revoked and you can call after they are redeemed and possibly talk the service rep into revealing the account identity of the person. I can't remember how long the 'grace period' is on the refunding of the code but if you accept them you should probably also tell the person they will be a waiting period before the show and suggest another method if they want their payment to equal immediate action.

Anything that's not direct 'money' is iffy.

It looks like you have a MV account just use the 'make it rain' option for your payments if you haven't already.

Always spend the money right away. Once its spent, you're fine.

Also if you're nervous about info like your name (though shouldn't be a problem), you can change your amazon name to your cam name. Won't effect the name that your packages are actually sent to.

Also, because a shit ton of girls STILL (howww???) get scammed by fake cards, my tip:
Add amazon's gift card email ( gc-orders@gc.email.amazon.com )to your contacts and rename it. Still have "Amazon Gift Card" in the name (so you're not totally confused lol) but add something else to the name that only you would know. That way, when you receive a gift card, the sender name will immediately tell you if its real (will show your special name) or fake (will have some generic "amazon gift card" name) and you won't even have to open the email to know. I've been telling girls this for years, it will 100% save you from being scammed by a fake gc.

you should probably also tell the person they will be a waiting period before the show and suggest another method if they want their payment to equal immediate action.
It looks like you have a MV account just use the 'make it rain' option for your payments if you haven't already.

They're not doing it for a show, they're doing it for a custom video.
And the MV "Make It Rain" pay % is the exact same as the MV custom video form, both 80%, both on the same site, which she said she mostly uses. It'd be better to use the custom form for a custom vid rather than tips.

There are some scams with Amazon gift cards, the most common being fake codes or someone redacting the code. If you do accept a gift card payment, always redeem and spend it before doing anything else to prevent this from happening.

It's entirely up to you if you want to accept this form of payment from a regular, but something else to bear in mind is that if you very much do not want gift cards to be something he feels like he should always be allowed to pay with in the future, be very upfront about that. If this is something you're willing to do as a one time gesture, make it clear that that it's only to be for this particular instance.

I take GC sometimes as payment but agreed on spending it immediately, at least until you've done several transactions this way (I have one regular who always pays through GC so I don't bother with pre-spending his payments anymore, which is honestly probably still risky) and I also add 15-20% upcharge for GC payments because it's not real money and I can't pay my rent with it.

Always spend the money right away. Once its spent, you're fine.

Also if you're nervous about info like your name (though shouldn't be a problem), you can change your amazon name to your cam name. Won't effect the name that your packages are actually sent to.

Also, because a shit ton of girls STILL (howww???) get scammed by fake cards, my tip:
Add amazon's gift card email ( gc-orders@gc.email.amazon.com )to your contacts and rename it. Still have "Amazon Gift Card" in the name (so you're not totally confused lol) but add something else to the name that only you would know. That way, when you receive a gift card, the sender name will immediately tell you if its real (will show your special name) or fake (will have some generic "amazon gift card" name) and you won't even have to open the email to know. I've been telling girls this for years, it will 100% save you from being scammed by a fake gc.

That-Is-Genius-Reaction-Gif.gif

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I have a regular who has been sending me gift card codes through snapchat- I just add the code to my Amazon account and the gift card goes on my balance. Is there any way he can find out my personal information? (My Amazon account info, I mean.)

Your question was answered above; yes, the member can call and have the gift card refunded and get your account info apparently.

There's a period where they can be revoked and you can call after they are redeemed and possibly talk the service rep into revealing the account identity of the person.

Your question was answered above; yes, the member can call and have the gift card refunded and get your account info apparently.
So based on this, it seems they can only get your info if they call to refund the card. If he has never done that, am I safe to assume he hasn't any way to get my info? They can't just call and get that information without refunding the card?
Either way terrible on behalf of Amazon, their reps should NOT be releasing any proprietary info without verification.

@Astrid_squirts420 Also assuming he could probably report the codes as stolen, against you. Why can’t he just send you a gift card like a normal person would?
Idk why he does it this way. The first time he just sent the code and it was like a surprise gift. Then with each card since then he has just done it the same way. I have received 5 or so from him at this point and none have been "refunded" or reported stolen. So I guess I got lucky so far. I will discuss with him about just sending the card to my email from now on. But is that even less dangerous? Couldn't he call about it all the same?

I will definitely reconsider accepting them altogether in the future. I'm glad it seems this guy is trustworthy, so far. But definitely someti think about

Idk why he does it this way. The first time he just sent the code and it was like a surprise gift. Then with each card since then he has just done it the same way. I have received 5 or so from him at this point and none have been "refunded" or reported stolen. So I guess I got lucky so far. I will discuss with him about just sending the card to my email from now on. But is that even less dangerous? Couldn't he call about it all the same?

I will definitely reconsider accepting them altogether in the future. I'm glad it seems this guy is trustworthy, so far. But definitely someti think about
If you haven't had an issue with that guy I wouldn't stress over it so much.
Sending to your email and sending you a code basically does the exact same thing so neither is less or more risky.

Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
But is that even less dangerous?
Yes because one is sent to you directly as a gift, that’s supposed to be yours and one isn’t.

And I repeat, if you spend the money right away, there should be no problem.
—-
If I don’t want to spend the money right away, I’ll do this thing there I’ll “gift prime” to another account of mine, then click the “I already have prime” and it’ll give you a gc. Therefore the money is technically spent and resting in a completely different account.

If I don’t want to spend the money right away, I’ll do this thing there I’ll “gift prime” to another account of mine, then click the “I already have prime” and it’ll give you a gc. Therefore the money is technically spent and resting in a completely different account.

Oooh I'm going to try that. Thank you for the tip!

Oooh I'm going to try that. Thank you for the tip!
Proud of myself for coming up with that trick years ago lol, helps so much
Of course since gifting prime only has a 3 month ($39) and 12 month ($119) option, the gift cards would have to be near those amounts or multiple of those amounts, unless you don’t mind adding some of your own $ to top off

Proud of myself for coming up with that trick years ago lol, helps so much
Of course since gifting prime only has a 3 month ($39) and 12 month ($119) option, the gift cards would have to be near those amounts or multiple of those amounts, unless you don’t mind adding some of your own $ to top off
Awesome suggestion! Thank you so much.

This is genius, thank you! This is the type of stuff I need to know haha.

I just did this today! Thanks for the awesome advice

Status
Not open for further replies.