AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are there any legit platforms that pay you to refer new models?

• Thread starter Deleted member 61623
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 61623

I recently learned that some sites pay you a percentage of the earnings of any model you refer to their platform. I thought this was a great way to make money so I did some research on the subject because I wanted to become a cam model agent (that's what they call the job).
After a lot of investigation, I found out that most sites such as InternetModeling, AWEmpire and I-CAMZ scam their models and agents. This got me really disappointed as I was really eager to work in the field but it looks like there are very few sites that run a referral program and the ones that do aren't trustworthy.

Does anyone know of a camming site or studio that actually pays its agents?

I like that business concept. I wish I was smart enough to earn money by neither knowing nor offering anything useful at all.

You won't offer any useful service for models. You won't give them any useful advice. You won't point a model to a platform that might fit her best. You simple send gullible girls to the platform which gives you most of the money they earn. And, best of all, you don't even know the platforms either. You get that knowledge here in this forum.

The models do the work. The forum has the knowledge. You get the money.

Sounds ingenious!

I like that business concept. I wish I was smart enough to earn money by neither knowing nor offering anything useful at all.

You won't offer any useful service for models. You won't give them any useful advice. You won't point a model to a platform that might fit her best. You simple send gullible girls to the platform which gives you most of the money they earn. And, best of all, you don't even know the platforms either. You get that knowledge here in this forum.

The models do the work. The forum has the knowledge. You get the money.

Sounds ingenious!
Yes, I would offer a useful service for the models, I would give them advice, and of course, I would point them to a platform that fits them best. That's what referring someone to a platform is about. Look up the definition then open your mouth, dickhead.

I really don't get the need to be a douche. Hell, if this is about the money, camming sites pay agents from their pockets, so no extra money would be taken from the performers, just so you know.

At first I thought you were just asking about model referral programs in general. Lol. But then I realized you're talking about becoming one of those studio agents.

I remember years ago I kept going to that SexyJobs dot com website, thinking I should sign up for different cam sites through there. But then I realized I kept signing up through studio agents (who gets money for referring me) instead of signing up directly through the cam site. So instead of getting 50% on MyFreeCams, I wound up getting 45%. I seemed to do this a lot back then...sometimes accidentally, and other times intentionally because I thought "YAY for daily pay!"

A lot of models would rather sign up themselves on the cam sites directly, so that they get the entire percentage amount that models are supposed to get...and not have to give a percentage of their earnings to you.

Now some of us on this forum do use Boleyn Models daily pay service (This time not accidentally...lol), and they do take a small percentage. Some of us want that daily pay, and do not wish to wait a week/two weeks/or - in the case of Clips4Sale - a whole freakin' month to get our money. And they aren't like InternetModeling. With InternetModeling, if you decide you want to leave to sign up through Streamate directly, you're told that you have to wait one year after the day you stop broadcasting...in order to sign up for Streamate directly. 🙄 But I remember one of the daily pay services (Can't remember if it was Boleyn Models daily pay, or that other daily pay service with "Princess Jenny" back in the day) was able to get me out of that shitty "contract."

I doubt you're going to find the help you're looking for.

There's a lot of people out there who are looking to get a slice of the camgirl money pie while either doing the bare minimum amount of work or just straight up exploiting naïve models. Those people aren't very well received amongst most cam models. When you come to a forum asking us to do some of the legwork for you so that you can make money off of models, that just kind of shows you don't have enough experience with the industry to provide anything beneficial to the models you are looking to profit off of.

At first I thought you were just asking about model referral programs in general. Lol. But then I realized you're talking about becoming one of those studio agents.

I remember years ago I kept going to that SexyJobs dot com website, thinking I should sign up for different cam sites through there. But then I realized I kept signing up through studio agents (who gets money for referring me) instead of signing up directly through the cam site. So instead of getting 50% on MyFreeCams, I wound up getting 45%. I seemed to do this a lot back then...sometimes accidentally, and other times intentionally because I thought "YAY for daily pay!"

A lot of models would rather sign up themselves on the cam sites directly, so that they get the entire percentage amount that models are supposed to get...and not have to give a percentage of their earnings to you.

Now some of us on this forum do use Boleyn Models daily pay service (This time not accidentally...lol), and they do take a small percentage. Some of us want that daily pay, and do not wish to wait a week/two weeks/or - in the case of Clips4Sale - a whole freakin' month to get our money. And they aren't like InternetModeling. With InternetModeling, if you decide you want to leave to sign up through Streamate directly, you're told that you have to wait one year after the day you stop broadcasting...in order to sign up for Streamate directly. 🙄 But I remember one of the daily pay services (Can't remember if it was Boleyn Models daily pay, or that other daily pay service with "Princess Jenny" back in the day) was able to get me out of that shitty "contract."
Any model referral program will do. I only talked about studios because every site I go to redirects me to one after I visit the affiliate section (e.g LiveJasmin - AWEmpire).
Also, I've said this multiple times but I will do it one more time just in case this isn't clear enough; me referring a model to a cam site would not cut any of her profits.

"camming sites pay agents from their pockets, so no extra money would be taken from the performers"

The only one that comes to mind is bongacams, they have a percentage based model referral program.
I also read bad reviews about them, so... Anyway, thank you for your response. Glad someone from this forum actually knows what being kind is.

I doubt you're going to find the help you're looking for.

There's a lot of people out there who are looking to get a slice of the camgirl money pie while either doing the bare minimum amount of work or just straight up exploiting naïve models. Those people aren't very well received amongst most cam models. When you come to a forum asking us to do some of the legwork for you so that you can make money off of models, that just kind of shows you don't have enough experience with the industry to provide anything beneficial to the models you are looking to profit off of.
This is just like any other affiliate program. The client finds the product or service they were looking for, the company makes a sale, and the affiliate gets paid for connecting both parties. We all win here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just explained in my above post that it cuts into the percentage of the model's earnings when she signs up through a studio agent. He or she will be paid at a lower percentage than the rest of the models who signed up directly on the cam site.
Is there any way I can become an agent for the site itself? Like I said, most sites I've visited redirect me to a studio.

I just explained in my above post that it cuts into the percentage of the model's earnings when she signs up through a studio agent.
I know but the bongacams program gives 5% to the person that referred the model without any studio account being involved and without taking an extra 5% from the model.

Its the only cam site I could think of that pays a percentage out of their own pocket based on a models earnings.

I know but the bongacams program gives 5% to the person that referred the model without any studio account being involved and without taking an extra 5% from the model.

Its the only cam site I could think of that pays a percentage out of their own pocket based on a models earnings.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Are there any similar programs out there?

Then you should've just said that about BongaCams, instead of saying "Camming sites pay agents from their pockets, so no extra money would be taken from the performers." (Which is false)

Then you should've just said that about BongaCams, instead of saying "Camming sites pay agents from their pockets, so no extra money would be taken from the performers." (Which is false)

lol oh for some reason I read that and my brain registered that he was asking a question....i need more coffee

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Onlyfans has a referral program. But unless you're willing and able to teach the people you refer how to actually earn $ there, you'll get nothing.

That's not how it works. Read my posts again. I wouldn't be taking any money from the performers.

Not taking money from the models, just guiding them toward the few websites that would pay YOU, even if it was not the best website for their own career? In a way, yes, that is taking money out of their pockets.

Glad someone from this forum actually knows what being kind is.

I was not impolite to you. I didn’t call you, for example, “dickhead” or any other name. You asked for advice and a referral to reputable websites. I stated that you ought to pay me (or any of us) for this information, since you can’t find it yourself and intend to make money from it.

I presented you with your own business model and you thought I was being unreasonable. There’s a lesson in that.

Not taking money from the models, just guiding them toward the few websites that would pay YOU, even if it was not the best website for their own career? In a way, yes, that is taking money out of their pockets.

I was not impolite to you. I didn’t call you, for example, “dickhead” or any other name. You asked for advice and a referral to reputable websites. I stated that you ought to pay me (or any of us) for this information, since you can’t find it yourself and intend to make money from it.

I presented you with your own business model and you thought I was being unreasonable. There’s a lesson in that.
I think you're missing the fact that I actually want the models to be as successful as possible because my revenue relies on how much money they make.
You make it seem like I want them to earn less and that couldn't be further from the truth.

How is what you do different than what studios do? Are you just convinced that you are "better" in it?

This is what confuses me. If he just wants to earn money for models signing up from his referral, that sounds equivalent to when I signed up for Streamate (InternetModeling) under Janet...signed up for the Webcams.com under Jay...signed up for MyFreeCams under that person whose name I can't remember. Lol.

I think it's because the term "studio" in CamLand tends to have this negative connotation to it, and he's trying to tell himself he doesn't want to be a "studio agent."

This is what confuses me. If he just wants to earn money for models signing up from his referral, that sounds equivalent to when I signed up for Streamate (InternetModeling) under Janet...signed up for the Webcams.com under Jay...signed up for MyFreeCams under that person whose name I can't remember. Lol.

I think it's because the term "studio" in CamLand tends to have this negative connotation to it, and he's trying to tell himself he doesn't want to be a "studio agent."

On the other hand, my understanding is that many studios actually provide real, tangible things of value for their models to use, like facilities, tech support, camming hardware and high-speed internet.

Reactions: MarieElise
On the other hand, my understanding is that many studios actually provide real, tangible things of value for their models to use, like facilities, tech support, camming hardware and high-speed internet.

Yeah, you're talking about the physical studios that the models actually go to in person.

How is what you do different than what studios do? Are you just convinced that you are "better" in it?
I wouldn't take a cut from their earnings, studios do.

The whole point of this is to serve as a middleman between a potential model who doesn't know where to start and a cam website looking for more models.

If you are unable to find these programs on your own, I feel a lot of doubt about your ability to amass useful information to help potential new performers succeed. I don't think I'm alone in this, and it's probably what is preventing you from getting anywhere with this thread.
Most big names in the industry do.
If you know where to look, why is this a query here?

I wouldn't take a cut from their earnings, studios do.

The whole point of this is to serve as a middleman between a potential model who doesn't know where to start and a cam website looking for more models.
I don't mean to be rude, just realistic. How, without having had years of experience as a cam model yourself, would you even begin to know how to match models to the right sites for their personality? If I were you, realistically, I would come up with another online business plan. There are lots of things you can do online to make money, and be your own boss. Just takes patience and building.

ETA; Plus there are already so many experienced verified models in the business that offer consultation services (as a one-off payment not a forever percentage) such as Larkin Love, or AdultGirlBoss (just to name a few off the top of my head, that I would use personally). Why would anyone choose an inexperienced rep, over using one of these services put forth by people who have literally years of successful experience under their belts? Not to mention the wealth of free information in both the public and private areas of this very forum 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Quite frankly, you have nothing to add to any models experience especially right now. Why on earth do you think that you could do this job if you can't even figure out how or where to sign up for these programs? Seriously, what insight, advice or actual experience do you have to give to a potential model? Only model referral ones I know are part of affiliate that gives a flat fee once and done for model sign ups. Not like member purchases that keep going. I've gotten several model signups that way but it can be extremely time consuming to walk a baby model step by step and that's as an experienced model on several platforms and I make damn good money.

Unless you've been hiding a ton of actual knowledge, just seems like you're looking to prey on girls who are too green to know what's what.

This is just like any other affiliate program. The client finds the product or service they were looking for, the company makes a sale, and the affiliate gets paid for connecting both parties. We all win here.

Revshare and a member affiliate program is not the same thing. Revshare, you get a percentage of whatever the model who signed up through your link makes. Affiliate, you get a percentage of whatever a member who signed up through your link spends on the site.

The biggest difference here is the repercussions models potentially face vs members. Models have to worry about a whole slew of possible negative outcomes for just choosing to be on a camsite. How would you be going about finding these potential models? Would you be signing up random people you know irl? Would you be running an ad on a website saying "Sign up now to work from home and make real $$$!"? Would you be alerting them to all the possible negative consequences they could face or would you just be urging them to sign up right away? I know this sounds dramatic, but stepping into the world of online adult content can have long lasting consequences and shouldn't be done lightly. Which brings me to this:

If a model doesn't know where to start, it's pretty safe to say she doesn't need a random internet person pushing her into signing up to whatever camsite they think is best for her. If someone really wants to get into camming and doesn't know the first place to begin, their best bet is to search online and read forums like this one or others out there where actual experienced models will give them advice.

I've said this before on the forum, and I'll say it again. Unless you have actual experience working as a cam model, you shouldn't be guiding or advising new models. Chances are, all your advice will do is hurt their chances at success and then they'll be burnt out on the industry after making no money and all they'll have to show for their time as a model is an internet paper trail that could possibly lead to those negative consequences I mentioned earlier (i.e getting fired from future jobs, having creeps creep on them, having family members or friends disown them).

To be honest, using the word “agent” for the service you’ve described is also very generous.

An “agent” for a talent - be it sports, music, acting, modeling or anything else - does more than take a cut and give advice. They negotiate salaries, they decipher the language in contracts (you can hire a lawyer instead, but you’re at a professional disadvantage if you yourself cannot make heads or tails of the fine print). And where the client works is not usually limited to a small subset of places willing to also pay the agent. The best option for the talent should not depend on which one will pay the middleman out of pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.