AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Assistance Request from avid Watcher-turned-Studio-Operator

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome forum, everyone! I wish I found this a couple months ago. I found it today while comparing hosting solutions for models' videos (which we produce a freaking LOT of) and specifically searching for information on CamRedeem which I really like.

I am a long-time connoisseur of cams on the watcher-side and have enjoyed spending literally (tens of?) thousands of dollars on you lovely ladies (2006-2010 mainly LiveJasmin 2010-now mainly MFC) now turned studio-operator based in the southern-US that recently partnered with an adult-content producer and have recruited many ladies to work with me both before and after the partnership. It works well because many of the girls that would previously only have modeled once or twice (and hence got paid only once or twice) can now work in our studio if they wish and be paid every day.

But enough about me I OBVIOUSLY want my ladies to make as much as possible while still making sense for my time and resources to be involved in helping them get going. And now that I have a very serious young lady determined to make HUGE money that is super coachable I need to get more serious as well to keep up with her and "earn my keep".

I have three needs I am hoping someone can assist with...

1) I am seeking referrals on someone that is a whizz at setting up MFC profiles (willing to compensate something for the right proven talent here)

2) I really like Cam Redeem and the only 2 problems for me is a 5GB storage limit (which I will be contacting them about) and the Video Thumbnails appear not to be working which I have just recently emailed them about. Is this the best solution out there? It seems to be from what I have compared it to which is Google Drive, Dropbox, and Mega although I am pretty happy with Mega thus far but haven't shared much out of it yet.

3) I would love for my girls to benefit from any advice they can get AND would love to find other cam girls in our local area that have some degree of success NOT affiliated with my studio that some of my girls can do side/by/side shows with and so on to leverage strengths and build a sense of community and so on? (For example maybe a girl loves to cam but doesn't want to do from home I could rent her a space for a nominal fee with lighting outfits locker for her stuff etc then she just tells her family "I'm going to work!" and heads to the office lol NOT trying to recruit just looking to leverage strengths and maximize results for both of us)

3a) Is this a forum that can help make that happen?

3b) Does it make sense to make a user category for studio managers cause I feel kind of caught in the middle.

Thanks for helping and if someone can help with the profiles I wouldn't mind paying a little something for their time IF they can prove really really good work in the past. I am also very willing to barter some assistance with Adobe Premier and Audition topics for video editing.

Please feel free to ask me anything on any topic in the entire spectrum of online content as I am now very active on all 5-sides of the coin. (Yes there are at least 5... Performer, Host system, Infrastructure, Marketing and Branding individually, and Cam system technology provider)

Jean-Phillip
Talent Recruitment and Studio Manager
brandnewamateurs.com

Re: Assistance Request from avid Watcher-turned-Studio-Opera

My advice would be not to refer to any women as "my girls" unless your sperm has contributed to their genetic makeup.

Huge fonts are bad-fucking-ass!

ACF is not big on studios. ACF is comprised of many self-help cam models that are independent contractors and many that are active on this forum are wildly successful on their own. My advice is that if you want to keep making money off of your camgirls, I would keep them away from this forum.

iKarli said:
ACF is not big on studios. ACF is comprised of many self-help cam models that are independent contractors and many that are active on this forum are wildly successful on their own. My advice is that if you want to keep making money off of your camgirls, I would keep them away from this forum.

:shhh: You mean 'send them here to learn from us...'

:mrgreen:

Can't speak to the video hosting issue, but I can say that, yes, you should refer those cam models to this forum. There is a great deal of advice on this site.

Regarding your five-sided coin and "earning your keep," I recommend that you look at cam models as self-sufficient independent contractors. Do that and you'll see how you can offer them value.

Hey Jean-Phillip! :)

Here's the thing- most independent camgirls aren't big fans of studios. I understand in some cases you might be really helpful, but at the end of the day, a lot of girls feel like you're just pimping out your models and making a profit off their work. A lot of studios seem skeevy and untrustworthy. (Not saying you are, but that's the basic opinion from our side of things).

Based off that, I think a lot of independent camgirls would be hesitant to cam with a girl under a studio. Would you take your cut from both of them, or simply your girl's half? How would that work? Not to mention I'd hesitate to tell a studio my location or real name.

I really like Dropbox myself, and have never had a problem with maxing out on my storage limits. I pay $10 a month and I have 102 GB available. It doesn't have all the features of CamRedeem (like expiring links and all that jazz), but it works for me. I especially like that I can just drag and drop files onto my desktop icon, and have them upload while I do other things. But to each his own. :)

Also, could you make your font a bit smaller? It makes a bit of a headache reading large, bold letters in a wall of text like that.

To the OP: A studio can be a great option for girls who have no physical space to cam or who don't own a computer. If done correctly, your business could work. However, you wouldn't want to send your models HERE (or to almost any other camgirl, for that matter) for advice. When she/they find out that they're only getting a percentage of the income they could, it wouldn't be long before they "quit" your studio. I'm sorry that some people on here have jumped down your throat instead of giving constructive feedback, but this is most definitely not in your best interest. If you do want to make your studio flourish, have a legitimate contract, rules and regulations, and be able to answer ANY question or problem that the models might have for you.

As for profiles; I would estimate that only 40-60% of people even look at a model's profile. And most of those are just looking for content for sale. It doesn't have to be fancy or elaborate. In fact, usually the more graphics and stuff on a profile make it look unprofessional and cluttered. You (or the models themselves) can make a profile without having ANY html or css knowledge.

Many people wish to make an easy profit. Typically, this is why most independent camgirls are so wary of studios. But if you are determined to make this business work, then do all the work necessary. The most important thing is to not infringe on the girls' privacy; you want them to always feel safe. If you put forth all the effort, hopefully this idea will become a great business for you and a wonderful alternative for models with nowhere else to go.

I_Am_Iris said:
To the OP: A studio can be a great option for girls who have no physical space to cam or who don't own a computer. If done correctly, your business could work. However, you wouldn't want to send your models HERE (or to almost any other camgirl, for that matter) for advice. When she/they find out that they're only getting a percentage of the income they could, it wouldn't be long before they "quit" your studio. I'm sorry that some people on here have jumped down your throat instead of giving constructive feedback, but this is most definitely not in your best interest. If you do want to make your studio flourish, have a legitimate contract, rules and regulations, and be able to answer ANY question or problem that the models might have for you.

As for profiles; I would estimate that only 40-60% of people even look at a model's profile. And most of those are just looking for content for sale. It doesn't have to be fancy or elaborate. In fact, usually the more graphics and stuff on a profile make it look unprofessional and cluttered. You (or the models themselves) can make a profile without having ANY html or css knowledge.

Many people wish to make an easy profit. Typically, this is why most independent camgirls are so wary of studios. But if you are determined to make this business work, then do all the work necessary. The most important thing is to not infringe on the girls' privacy; you want them to always feel safe. If you put forth all the effort, hopefully this idea will become a great business for you and a wonderful alternative for models with nowhere else to go.
:text-goodpost:

ACF is focused on camgirls who want to work on a large camsite with no studio over them. So you probably won't find exactly what you're looking for here.

Profiles have become a huge thing among camgirls, as far as wanting to make them flashy and elaborate, but I don't really feel the members care as much as the models do, and it's a waste of money and time to do this. The only additional thing I'd suggest camgirls add to their profile is information and links about any additional content that's available, which can be done with simple HTML entries in the "about me" section. My suggestion would be: instead of paying someone to make nice profiles, look up some HTML basic codes yourself and take care of this yourself. Earn that cut you'll be taking from "your girls". :thumbleft:

You can be respected as a studio owner if you make yourself worth the money the girls will be giving up for your help. Which means you have to actually help, not just sign them up and give them the reigns. Don't prey on naive girls, don't invade their privacy, and don't take a huge cut.

:twocents-02cents:

Shouldn't any cam girl have access to the advice of other cam girls? It seems like it shouldn't matter whether they give someone a percentage of their income for access to space/internet/resources instead of working from home.

If he loses cam models when they're exposed to other cam models, his business model sucks. If he's providing a real service to someone, that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.