AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Awkward! Can I block a fellow streamate model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2016
Hey so I'm new and about to start camming for the first time. I think I've decided on streamate as the first site that I'll try my luck at. Well, I just recently found a girl that I know is on there. o_O We aren't close or anything, I guess if we were friends I'd probably just tell her but I feel awkward about it seeing as how we are friends on facebook and all.

So I was wondering, is there any way or blocking a fellow model on there from seeing you? I tried searching for the answer and nothing really popped up so I'm assuming that's a no? Lol

It bothers me because I'm choosing to stay on the 'down low' if you will and it sort of bothers me that she might see me on there. Not that she'd probably say anything but it just makes me feel sort of weird and just a little bit paranoid about it. :bucktooth:

Thank you so much for any advice you can give me on this! I hope I'm not being too silly.

I don't think there's a way other than her coming into your room. Maybe use an avatar photo that makes you look different enough to not be recognized by her?

Hey so I'm new and about to start camming for the first time. I think I've decided on streamate as the first site that I'll try my luck at. Well, I just recently found a girl that I know is on there. o_O We aren't close or anything, I guess if we were friends I'd probably just tell her but I feel awkward about it seeing as how we are friends on facebook and all.

So I was wondering, is there any way or blocking a fellow model on there from seeing you? I tried searching for the answer and nothing really popped up so I'm assuming that's a no? Lol

It bothers me because I'm choosing to stay on the 'down low' if you will and it sort of bothers me that she might see me on there. Not that she'd probably say anything but it just makes me feel sort of weird and just a little bit paranoid about it. :bucktooth:

Thank you so much for any advice you can give me on this! I hope I'm not being too silly.

The only thing I can think of is to try blocking the state she lives in. I can't remember...does Streamate allow models to block specific states?

The only thing I can think of is to try blocking the state she lives in. I can't remember...does Streamate allow models to block specific states?

I was about to suggest this, but geoblocking of anywhere will severely affect your income on SM.

Maaaaan. Ugh well. I don't think its a big enough deal to block her entire state. Maybe I would feel better by just deleting her off of my facebook. I'm just a bit paranoid about it considering I have family on there. It would be pretty odd for another camgirl to 'out' someone though.

I appreciate the responses! I know I'm probably being paranoid. :sour:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I was about to suggest this, but geoblocking of anywhere will severely affect your income on SM.

Yeah, maybe, but for me, personally, it's best to have a specific state blocked.

Maaaaan. Ugh well. I don't think its a big enough deal to block her entire state. Maybe I would feel better by just deleting her off of my facebook. I'm just a bit paranoid about it considering I have family on there. It would be pretty odd for another camgirl to 'out' someone though.

I appreciate the responses! I know I'm probably being paranoid. :sour:

That has to suck for you though, if you feel that she may end up in your public chat blurting out personal things about you without thinking. I mean, that's happened to me twice on MFC with two guys who know me IRL (this was before I decided to block my state). Neither of those two guys tipped me, and both of them made obnoxious comments in my chat where they're strolling down memory lane with me making sure I KNOW that they know me...smh. THIS is the problem I have with acquaintances/former co-workers, etc. stumbling across my room and just chatting away. Not good on a cam site where members have the ability to PM each other.

That has to suck for you though, if you feel that she may end up in your public chat blurting out personal things about you without thinking. I mean, that's happened to me twice on MFC with two guys who know me IRL (this was before I decided to block my state). Neither of those two guys tipped me, and both of them made obnoxious comments in my chat where they're strolling down memory lane with me making sure I KNOW that they know me...smh. THIS is the problem I have with acquaintances/former co-workers, etc. stumbling across my room and just chatting away. Not good on a cam site where members have the ability to PM each other.
Ugh man that's awful! Yeah, it's just sort of a weird situation because I actually don't even know her personally. She seems nice enough but I would rather not have somebody who knows my real name and all that.

Eh. Idk if it's worth blocking her state. I'm already for sure going to block my home state and I know that that limits you. I think I'll just delete her off of my Facebook and hopefully that'll be the end of it. I even thought about just not camming there but damn, I'm not going to not cam on a site that I want to just because of that.

Not that she/anyone else can't out you elsewhere, but do know if she ever did out you in public chat a screen refresh will make all of chat disappear. I know it's not ideal, but it's at least better than MFC where folks can type in chat whenever, and have archives of it.

I personally do not think it is a big deal because being a webcam girl, you always risk being recognized by someone outside of your work. You also mentioned that she's a webcam model so she might be in the same situation as you. I always like to think that webcam girls like us are respectful of our work and if you create some sort of drama with one another, most of us would be aware of it. I don't think we look too kindly on people who out others without a good reason.

There's so many webcam models that we don't really have time to actually snoop (well, I admit that I surf models. You guys are so lovely and each of you have amazing personalities that I'm just amazed by the variety of us). We're here for a reason. We just want to work and enjoy our time here without some sort of drama.

I'm sure she is thinking the same. I'd... honestly just casually bring it up to her and get the vibe of how she'd react though I'm also blunt and honest. She might be excited or she might stay out of your way. She might be shy or shocked. She might be terrified. But I can't imagine her trying to out you.

But the only thing I can suggest if you still aren't comfortable is to block or ban her if you have that option and make sure your tags aren't lined up with her so that you aren't in the same area of site.

If she's a webcam model too, doubt she would risk outing you because she could out herself. Also, if she came in your room through her user account or said something about you in her own room (ie saying personal info about you) she can be fired for model harrasment. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

MMM, I think OP has the right to be wary. While it's likely this other girl wouldn't intentionally out her, none of us know her. Some girls are capable of anything. Some girls run their cam personas and rooms differently enough that something that flies in her room might not be okay in OP's. Some girls think it's okay to mention their friends, some are out and others aren't. I will never reference another girl in my area because they might be lying about where they are from and it's easy to slip up. I know a lot of baby cam girls don't even consider this and because OP sounds like a baby camgirl herself, she might not be best equipped to protect herself. It is always best practice to err on the side of caution. Removing her from your Facebook doesn't really do much, imo. She could still follow your FB feed and that doesn't stop her from recognizing you on the site, which she for sure could, particularly if you're both hard workers. Consider blocking any areas that would make you feel safe. If you can be as specific as blocking cities, I would personally block my county and hers.

MMM, I think OP has the right to be wary. While it's likely this other girl wouldn't intentionally out her, none of us know her. Some girls are capable of anything. Some girls run their cam personas and rooms differently enough that something that flies in her room might not be okay in OP's. Some girls think it's okay to mention their friends, some are out and others aren't. I will never reference another girl in my area because they might be lying about where they are from and it's easy to slip up. I know a lot of baby cam girls don't even consider this and because OP sounds like a baby camgirl herself, she might not be best equipped to protect herself. It is always best practice to err on the side of caution. Removing her from your Facebook doesn't really do much, imo. She could still follow your FB feed and that doesn't stop her from recognizing you on the site, which she for sure could, particularly if you're both hard workers. Consider blocking any areas that would make you feel safe. If you can be as specific as blocking cities, I would personally block my county and hers.

So much this.

Thank you! I will definitely look into how streamate blocks areas, I know sites differ from one another and so hopefully I can just block a town or county vs having to think about blocking her entire state. :speechless:

Reactions: Pikachai
I'm sorry since if it's implied to say your concerns is invalid. If you're nervous about it then it's completely valid because it's your life and not mine. I meant to try to bring another positive view into this as well as I find communication is sometime successful. Sometime it doesn't since there are few who are bat crazy or accidentally slip. So I can understand.

I'm just realizing that you're still probably nervous because someone from my facebook page have pretty much added me everywhere and it's making me nervous.

So I'll try another suggestions:
For now make sure your tags aren't lined up with her until you figure out how to block her (Can't you just ban her though? If MFC can ban people, why not model?)
Find out her social media if she have any related with webcam work and block it (twitter, instagram and tumblr or whatever you have)
Use teasing avatar that doesn't show your face much (Mine is me covering my chest in blue pantie since I always change my hairstyle)
Use different schedule from her if possible

Well, on SM there aren't model accounts that you can use to go from room to room, just member accounts that models open. So, unless she announced to AudDust that she was a model and which one she was she wouldn't really know if she was in her room.
So really the only option is blocking the city/ state where the model resides, which takes you off of all of sm's whitelabels and marketing and off their homepage for anyone unless they are logged on to their member account.

Oh boy, so yeah, you could certainly use the Geo-block feature to block your acquaintance's city or even entire state. I would advise against this unless absolutely necessary though, as it will have a pretty significant impact on your traffic, and as someone else mentioned, you'll be removed from any promo's on Streamate's end. :/ Also, keep in mind that since she is also a SM model, she probably knows about profile links: if someone has a direct link to your profile, they will be able to view it regardless of what geographic location they are in, and regardless of your geo-blocks. So it's not entirely fool-proof in that regard.

You can pick a pretty inconspicuous pic to use for your main Bio photo, then turn the auto-capture 'Off' (so that the 3-2-1 countdown does not use the live captures for your bio photo when you are online, and will only use your chosen Bio photo). This should help.

Otherwise, unless she has a member account that you can block, there's not really a way to keep her from viewing your chat room/profile 100%. If you happen to know her performer name, email me at modeling@streamate.com and I can run a search in our system, and set a block on her member account that prevents her from viewing your profile.

Not that she/anyone else can't out you elsewhere, but do know if she ever did out you in public chat a screen refresh will make all of chat disappear. I know it's not ideal, but it's at least better than MFC where folks can type in chat whenever, and have archives of it.
FYI you can get MFC to removed certain archive posts. I've had it done before when my address, phone number, real name, etc were posted in my chat. It just sucks you can't delete them yourself as a model right then and there while you're on and have to "clear" the whole chat. -______-

I block out my home state and most of the surrounding states except for ones where I don't know anyone and I really don't think it affects my income.

Once, someone that I know and actually went to school with found me on MFC one day and didn't tell me it was them until after our private. They had moved to one state that was surrounding that I didn't block. I was like WTF... They bought most of my videos off manyvids though. So I guess in one aspect it was a good experience but they haven't contacted me much or bothered me at all since the day they did a private but they've continued buying videos.

I block out my home state and most of the surrounding states except for ones where I don't know anyone and I really don't think it affects my income.

Once, someone that I know and actually went to school with found me on MFC one day and didn't tell me it was them until after our private. They had moved to one state that was surrounding that I didn't block. I was like WTF... They bought most of my videos off manyvids though. So I guess in one aspect it was a good experience but they haven't contacted me much or bothered me at all since the day they did a private but they've continued buying videos.
It's not like that with Streamate.

It's not like that with Streamate.
I guess I failed to state that I started out on streamate and still had the same states block on that site too. I'm just not a fan of the way the site either way but other than that I have never had an issue with traffic or people finding out through there?

I guess I failed to state that I started out on streamate and still had the same states block on that site too. I'm just not a fan of the way the site either way but other than that I have never had an issue with traffic or people finding out through there?
Is Streamate your primary source of income?

Is Streamate your primary source of income?
I started out on Streamate, when I first started I was a stripper as well. I eventually took a break from stripping and used camming as my only income. And camming and making clips is my only income as of right now. I'm saving for school and all that good stuff to have a career outside the adult industry one day.

I started out on Streamate, when I first started I was a stripper as well. I eventually took a break from stripping and used camming as my only income. And camming and making clips is my only income as of right now. I'm saving for school and all that good stuff to have a career outside the adult industry one day.
Are you afraid that doing sex work now might prevent you from having a future career?

Are you afraid that doing sex work now might prevent you from having a future career?
Nope, not at all. I understand it can't be a secret forever. A few friend's know because I told them. I want to do massage therapy and other holistic wellness therapies and personal training, so I really don't think it is going to affect me if I stay freelance. If there's one thing sex work has made me understand, it's that I like to be my own boss. So ultimately, I would like to own my own business one day, like a apothecary, health studio, gym or spa.

Unfortunately, geoblocking is not 100% effective on any camsite. It's trival to bypass, so there is never a guarantee. Just saying.
And I understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.