AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Back to the topic of Bitcoins...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2016
Do models still get heavily asked if they accept bitcoins?

Would an automated service that converted BTC into tokens be beneficial to anyone?

EG. Someone has BTC, and wants to buy tokens/tip a girl but cant. They send BTC to an automated service with model id/username that converts the BTC to USD, then buys tokens and a bot automatically comes in and tips the model with a message of the tippers choice?

In the long run I believe it would be better than the models accepting BTC directly especially if there is another major crash and they were just storing them.

I am pretty positive there is an option on MFC for members to buy tokens with btc right now.

But yes, to expand on that, I think that models not having to deal with the bitcoin directly would be a good thing.

Odd, I don't see it unless its not on the normal way to purchase tokens.
It's under one of the less seen/used processors I think... looking...

Odd, I don't see it unless its not on the normal way to purchase tokens.
HOLY POOP nevermind, I was thinking PayPal for some reason. Sorry, forget I was here...

/vanishes off into the night.

Hoping someone else can chime in as we've discussed it before but I can't locate any old posts on it. But you're right the option doesn't seem to be there right now. Maybe they thought better of it, lol.

HOLY POOP nevermind, I was thinking PayPal for some reason. Sorry, forget I was here...

/vanishes off into the night.

*is alone* What I believe the issue for them is, it would be too hard to cash out before a crash or to pay models on time. And isn't worth the risk.

I am pretty positive there is an option on MFC for members to buy tokens with btc right now.

But yes, to expand on that, I think that models not having to deal with the bitcoin directly would be a good thing.

That would be fabulous if they did tho!

I will never accept bitcoins. Why chance unstable currency that is linked to organised crime and can be used by someone underage, when there is perfectly good sterling around. However, as with PayPal now being ok when used through epoch, I think this idea could totally work so long as models only ever handle cold hard cash great.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I will never accept bitcoins. Why chance unstable currency that is linked to organised crime and can be used by someone underage, when there is perfectly good sterling around. However, as with PayPal now being ok when used through epoch, I think this idea could totally work so long as models only ever handle cold hard cash great.

I accept bitcoins. No chargebacks, no fee to pay to open a merchant account with Visa/Mastercard, no need to live by the nebulous rules Visa/Mastercard and any third party in between sets... All of that meaning that I can accept them directly or through my website without a huge percentage going to a third party payment processor (there are still fees involved, especially if you want to convert to/from dollars, but they're insignificant compared to using other forms of payment). Any instability is pretty much irrelevant unless you hold onto a balance, which I never do. I don't use it as a form of investment, I'm just trying to get paid.

Aside from that and back to the OP, I do think there would be some demand for it. Some users do wish for greater anonymity and/or fear fraud among other concerns, and Bitcoin can mitigate those to a degree. I have no idea if the demand would be enough to make it worthwhile, though. Especially given that MFC already takes a big cut, and this idea would no doubt have an additional fee tacked on. In that case, I think most people would rather directly pay a model, if they could. A service unrelated to MFC that would convert bitcoins to dollars and pay out to the models might be more attractive as an alternative to something like GiftRocket etc., but... if I was going to do any of these things I would consult a lawyer! As an individual I'm not super concerned, but as a middleman I don't think I'd mess with it.

@SaffronBurke Did they ever give a reason for why they stopped?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I read an article the other week that said bitcoin had maxed out their ability to do transactions slowing the system to a crawl, and the two main branches trying to fix this with new software updates were accusing one another of sabotage to keep them from taking over.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I read an article the other week that said bitcoin had maxed out their ability to do transactions slowing the system to a crawl, and the two main branches trying to fix this with new software updates were accusing one another of sabotage to keep them from taking over.
Twas quite an entertaining ruckus...

I'd be interested in taking bitcoins for a personal site but I honestly have no idea on how to go about doing it. I've had request but usually just ignore them. I hate thinking that I'm leaving money on the table.
The transactions via bitcoins usually take some time. I did use a service on my website and I was satisfied with how things work... the only disappointment was the time frame. The transaction had to be "validated" 6 times.
There are ups and downs... most ups.
- no chargebacks
- total privacy
- no taxes (who can add a vat or retain taxes on virtual currency - no legal structure for that --- yet)
Why I don't use it anymore? It is not so popular among my clients but the market is out there...

• Helpful!
Reactions: TajaEthereal
Anyone ever invest in the product? I remember years back a guy I would game with was trying to get us to invest in bitcoin. But I don't remember if anyone ever did. I was foolish and blew him off. A quick google search

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/09/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home

I think that turned out well for him. Now I feel really foolish lol. :eek:

The gentleman in that article had 5000 bitcoins, and those would be worth $12.5 million USD at today's price.

The gentleman in that article had 5000 bitcoins, and those would be worth $12.5 million USD at today's price.
Unless he tries to cash out, maybe. The volume of coins in digital systems is so small their value can be very unstable. Ethereum recently had a panicked price drop when one person cashing out triggered lots of auto selling. The various crypto coins seem to be a great deal for the early adopters, but much less so for everyone else.

Ethereum

I kinda think all of the various cryptocurrency options sort of backfires on the overall success of cryptocurrency in general. As a noob it's really overwhelming and confusing. Bitcoin is already both of those things without bringing in numerous variations.

I would love bitcoin to become more popular, but I think as long as it continues to be difficult to understand and get into it will continue to be a niche currency. I wish MFC took bitcoins. CB recently started accepting them again, if I recall correctly.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
I kinda think all of the various cryptocurrency options sort of backfires on the overall success of cryptocurrency in general. As a noob it's really overwhelming and confusing. Bitcoin is already both of those things without bringing in numerous variations.

I would love bitcoin to become more popular, but I think as long as it continues to be difficult to understand and get into it will continue to be a niche currency. I wish MFC took bitcoins. CB recently started accepting them again, if I recall correctly.
Wish they started paying in them too, I want muh money now.

Status
Not open for further replies.