AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bank is suspicious of my checks... what do I do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2020
(Note: I found another recent post describing this same experience but it didn't have any updates so I don't know if/how OP resolved it)

I just tried to deposit my first two checks today and the woman at the counter was acting really sketched out. She asked me if I was being asked to give the money back to anyone, what kind of work I was doing (I said freelance art online), and suggested the checks might be fraudulent. She went and talked to someone for a few minutes then returned to tell me I have to wait 30 days. She then asked where I live, if I go to school, etc. I'm scared she thinks I'm being trafficked or something. I'm staying with family so the last thing I need is to have the cops show up at my door. What do I do?

Edit: I forgot to mention that at the end she asked to see my ID and had me sign the back of each check

Last edited:
(Note: I found another recent post describing this same experience but it didn't have any updates so I don't know if/how OP resolved it)

I just tried to deposit my first two checks today and the woman at the counter was acting really sketched out. She asked me if I was being asked to give the money back to anyone, what kind of work I was doing (I said freelance art online), and suggested the checks might be fraudulent. She went and talked to someone for a few minutes then returned to tell me I have to wait 30 days. She then asked where I live, if I go to school, etc. I'm scared she thinks I'm being trafficked or something. I'm staying with family so the last thing I need is to have the cops show up at my door. What do I do?

Edit: I forgot to mention that at the end she asked to see my ID and had me sign the back of each check
she sounds like a nosy bitch bank teller. what site are you working? you are a contractor working a legal job, and if the checks clear, then she should mind her god damn business. i'm so sorry that happened. if your banks allows to deposit atm, i recommend that over going inside and dealing with the teller.

Upvote 0
she sounds like a nosy bitch bank teller. what site are you working? you are a contractor working a legal job, and if the checks clear, then she should mind her god damn business. i'm so sorry that happened. if your banks allows to deposit atm, i recommend that over going inside and dealing with the teller.

I know it was so messed up looking back on it, she made me feel like I was a criminal! Unfortunately I tried using the bank app and atm already but neither worked... Oh well, as long as I get my money and don't have to deal with cops for any reason then I'm happy enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
I know it was so messed up looking back on it, she made me feel like I was a criminal! Unfortunately I tried using the bank app and atm already but neither worked... Oh well, as long as I get my money and don't have to deal with cops for any reason then I'm happy enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They shouldn't show up unless they have probable cause. Also I just noticed this thread is in MFC. Your check should clear. That teller was being a bitch. Never heard of a MFC check bouncing.

Upvote 0
May I ask what country are you from, and what country and company do the checks come from?
Is there a reason you don’t have direct deposit?

Upvote 0
They shouldn't show up unless they have probable cause. Also I just noticed this thread is in MFC. Your check should clear. That teller was being a bitch. Never heard of a MFC check bouncing.

Well that is reassuring, thank you! I figured I would've seen something if models were getting scammed

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
May I ask what country are you from, and what country and company do the checks come from?
Is there a reason you don’t have direct deposit?

I'm in Canada. I didn't have direct deposit because it's only allowed in the US and direct wire transfer requires a $500 minimum payout. But after this experience I decided to switch anyway.

Upvote 0
I'm in Canada. I didn't have direct deposit because it's only allowed in the US and direct wire transfer requires a $500 minimum payout. But after this experience I decided to switch anyway.

You can open a TD/BMO/CIBC (etc etc) US funds account for direct deposits in order to avoid the teller/ATM 30 day hold hassle in the future. Contact your bank for more information.

Edit.... From CIBC's site as example.

bank.PNG

Reactions: mb_luna
Upvote 0
You can open a TD/BMO/CIBC (etc etc) US funds account for direct deposits in order to avoid the teller/ATM 30 day hold hassle in the future. Contact your bank for more information.

Edit.... From CIBC's site as example.

View attachment 84104

Doesn't matter if you have a U.S. Bank account, it's not available for Canadians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hello, I live in canada too and am a model on mfc, I get checks and deposit them. They have asked before what I do and I've just said online work. It's really non of their dam business in my opinion. Yes my checks have had holds on them, but that's okay for me because it isnt my reliable income.

Reactions: mb_luna
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.