AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Banned/terminated (!) on Chaturbate without reason

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2014
Hi,

I've been a model on Chaturbate since may now, and have been verified since the beginning.

Now, lately I've had major problems with CB. First, they ban me in the middle of a show after they gave me a warning for the exact same thing: because I went off cam for a bit without stopping to broadcast. Mailed support, unbanned me. When I asked what the reason was, they said "Please don't go off cam during a broadcast".

Now 3 days ago. Again in the middle of a show I get banned, and I got a message saying I would need to get age verified. I was, however, already verified. Sent them a mail, unbanned me. Reason was that I "Was flagged for age verification".

To everyone's surprise, the same thing happens the day after that. Sent a mail to support (and cc to Shirley) again, to which support replied "Your account is currently age verified and you can receive tokens". No reply from Shirley.

Now, while I was broadcasting yesterday, I get banned again. All was well, and like previous times, no rules had been broken. I sent a mail again, this time expressing the ridiculousness of the situation, and asked to have someone higher up look at the case. Support replied, not Shirley.

Instead of being unbanned or receiving actual support, I got this mail:

"Dear CutestTwinkEver,

As you may have noticed, your account with the Chaturbate live cam community has been terminated. This termination is due to suspected violation of our terms of service. Any tokens currently held in your account will be disbursed to you on our next payment date.

Thank you,
Customer Support"

I was quite dumbfounded, and sent a new, 1000 word mail, explaining the situation again, and the need for me to make money through their site. Fans disappointed, doesn't make sense, argument here and there.

I got a reply:

"Dear CutestTwinkEver,

As you may have noticed, your account with the Chaturbate live cam community has been terminated. This termination is due to suspected violation of our terms of service. Any tokens currently held in your account will be disbursed to you on our next payment date.

Thank you,
Customer Support"

I became quite frustrated at this point. They just sent their standard reply, instead of answering my question "Why did I get banned?".

So yes, that's basically my story. Any tips on how to solve this? Unfortunately I don't have a way to get in touch with a lot of people, as I only created a twitter account yesterday (@CutestTwinkEver). I did send the people I mailed with previously a mail, and some of my fans sent a mail to support to help me get unbanned.

Thanks,
Jake (CutestTwinkEver)

Honestly? Move on to another camsite. Search "chaturbate" here and you'll find scores of threads about unexplained bannings and poor support.

Seriously. Fuck those guys.

CharlotteLace said:
Honestly? Move on to another camsite. Search "chaturbate" here and you'll find scores of threads about unexplained bannings and poor support.

Seriously. Fuck those guys.
I have been thinking about it, but I have all my fans on there, plus I like the apps you have.

Also, but I'm not sure, I think it's the biggest site (for men at least). Going to another site isn't the easiest option, I'm afraid.

Fay_Galore said:
With all the failing support across the board, chaturbate isn't going to be big much longer. Streamate has a male catagory and is a pretty decent site.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Still, my fanbase is at Chaturbate. I'll most certainly loose a lot of regulars if I switch sites.

CuTe said:
Fay_Galore said:
With all the failing support across the board, chaturbate isn't going to be big much longer. Streamate has a male catagory and is a pretty decent site.

Still, my fanbase is at Chaturbate. I'll most certainly loose a lot of regulars if I switch sites.
You aren't able to exchange any contact into at CB right? I was going to suggest contacting them and telling them you're going to a site that treats ya better.

I have no advice but just wanted to sympathize because that sucks. Chaturbate needs to get their shit together. I'd definitely check out Streamate but I'm sorry it means starting over, especially without notice. Can't imagine how stressful it'd be to be trying to make rent and getting banned for something like age verification.

I hope it works out for the best!

AmberCutie said:
CuTe said:
Fay_Galore said:

You aren't able to exchange any contact into at CB right? I was going to suggest contacting them and telling them you're going to a site that treats ya better.

Allowed to or not, if she's sure she's leaving for another site, she could go ahead and let everybody know where she's headed. Worst they'll be able to do is shut down an account she'll no longer be using.

Are CB models not even allowed to tell their members about their Twitter? That just seems so counterproductive. Although par the course for Chaturbate policy, I guess.

EDIT: Obviously if you're planning on sticking with Chaturbate, don't go biting the hand that feeds and all that.

mynameisbob84 said:
AmberCutie said:
CuTe said:
Fay_Galore said:

Allowed to or not, if she's sure she's leaving for another site, she could go ahead and let everybody know where she's headed. Worst they'll be able to do is shut down an account she'll no longer be using.

Are CB models not even allowed to tell their members about their Twitter? That just seems so counterproductive. Although par the course for Chaturbate policy, I guess.

EDIT: Obviously if you're planning on sticking with Chaturbate, don't go biting the hand that feeds and all that.
I wasn't worried about them breaking terms, I was figuring since CB didn't allow exchange of info, they don't have any contact info for their fanbase peeps. And since their account is banned, can't just log on and tell them.

AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
AmberCutie said:
CuTe said:
Fay_Galore said:

I wasn't worried about them breaking terms, I was figuring since CB didn't allow exchange of info, they don't have any contact info for their fanbase peeps. And since their account is banned, can't just log on and tell them.

Gotcha. I was thinking more along the lines of them announcing their intentions to the room/letting everybody know where to find them on Twitter before they leave the site for good.

The more I think about the "no exchanging info" thing, the sillier it seems. The way cam girls brand themselves seems so important to cultivating and maintaining a fanbase, and things like Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. seem like such valuable tools. I don't understand why Chaturbate would impose restrictions on their models that expressly forbid them from making use of those tools.

Boo, Chaturbate. Boo.

EDIT: The penny just dropped! I'm an idiot. Their account is already banned so of course they can't do that :shifty:

Reactions: AmberCutie
Streamate doesn't let you advertise your Twitter either, I think it's out of fear that you'll take guys off-site to pay for things. I can see where they're coming from but its such a handy tool for letting people know when you online anf just to keep in touch. Obviously they can't stop you from having a twitter account, and actually they encourage you to use it to bring in new traffic, just not to share with people on their site. It's the same way on MyGirlFund and it's a bit frustrating because you can get in trouble on both sites if you accidentally mention it. I always get excited when friends from MGF Google me and find my social media.

what on earth is this company thinking? Like what THE FUCK are they doing?

I know there are a million threads on this and this is just the latest of many ..

But .. really.. like this is like suicide for them right? I cannot understand why they think this is a good idea.

Miss_Lollipop said:

I know there are a million threads on this and this is just the latest of many ..

But .. really.. like this is like suicide for them right? I cannot understand why they think this is a good idea.

There is usually a reason for the bannings there. I think most people just think they can get away with breaking rules, and you can for a while, but eventually they'll ban you. I was warned once for using markers in my cooter, because they have a rule about only using sextoys, not thinking about this rule, I decided on a different night to do panty stuffing, then I ended up getting banned. A lot of other girls I've talked to there that have been banned have been able to think of a legitimate reason they were banned after it happened.

I guess a lot of people are thrown off because you can get away with breaking the rules for a long time then all of a sudden you're banned for something that you've been doing multiple times.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
AnabelleLeigh said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

There is usually a reason for the bannings there. I think most people just think they can get away with breaking rules, and you can for a while, but eventually they'll ban you. I was warned once for using markers in my cooter, because they have a rule about only using sextoys, not thinking about this rule, I decided on a different night to do panty stuffing, then I ended up getting banned. A lot of other girls I've talked to there that have been banned have been able to think of a legitimate reason they were banned after it happened.

I guess a lot of people are thrown off because you can get away with breaking the rules for a long time then all of a sudden you're banned for something that you've been doing multiple times.

I believe that there are probably legit reasons for a lot of bannings, but being banned for age verification 2 days in a row after you've already been verified isn't something that a broadcaster is doing wrong, that's entirely on Chaturbate.

AnabelleLeigh said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

In the past I have had a warning that wasn't founded, another one for drinking on cam, not being on cam while broadcasting, and another minor thing.

That was all over a month ago. And now I get banned 3 times in 4 days, supposedly for the same thing. This is what I -obviously frustrated- mailed:

Dear support,

2 days ago, as well as 3 days ago, you banned me because, and I quote "Your account was flagged for age verification.". Today I got the same message again, mid-show as well.

I have had it with your service. Unfortunately it is what I have to deal with, as you have a monopoly-like position, but good lord. What are those monkeys there thinking? I am verified. You have my id-card. I don't know who keeps banning me for my age but it is most certainly verified and should be looked at prior to banning.

I am trying to make a living, but frankly it is being made impossible because of this continuous banning. Without a reason as well. I have simply no words for the utterly ridiculous actions you take. One would agree this is outrageous and for that I wish to speak to a supervisor at Chaturbate, because this malpractice needs to be stopped.

And don't you send me standardised message, "Please try again and let us know if your account continues to have problems.", like you are used to do. I want this to be stopped, once and for all. Banning me THREE TIMES in 4 days for the same unfounded reason is just indescribably, utterly preposterous.

Sincerely,
[redacted] (CutestTwinkEver)

They then replied:

Dear CutestTwinkEver,

Thank you,
Customer Support

Being dumbfounded here, I sent them a new mail, being a bit more conciderate:

Dear support,

As a reply to the previous mail (since you never reply to reactions, I decided to write a new mail), why did you terminate my account?

Rewind a few days, where I'm happily doing my show. No problems at all and all of a sudden I would need to get verified again. Sent a mail, all was well the next day. It didn't take long though, before I got banned again the next day. I asked support why, and they said for age verification. This was odd, because the banning instance should know that I have been verified.

Now, 2 days later, the same thing happens. This time, however, (if I can believe you), my account would have been terminated. Why? Because of suspected (!) violation of the Terms of Service. Not only is it vague, it also has no grounds. During the whole week no ToS breaking activities were taking place, and obviously, also my age did not fluctuate, it stayed 18.

You see, every time I was only, you had my identification. I have been verified from day one, but only now problems have started to arise. How your banning system works, be it automatically or by an administrator, I do not know. What I do know is that it's faulty. I am verified, you know I am 18 years old, but still you decide to ban, and now even terminate my account.

This is my livelihood and main source of income and of course I wish to maintain that. Frankly, being banned 3 times in 4 days makes that somehow impossible. Not only that, with 8000 followers I have quite a large fanbase and I would hate it if you were to disappoint them.

Also, you should know that you as well make money from me with your 37,5% commission. Banning me results in a decreased income, both for me and Chaturbate.

Not only is it without grounds (and therefore ridiculus to ban me in the first place), I have bills to pay and, obviously, without money I'll get evicted. I hope you see now that it is important you unban my account so I can coninue to do shows.

Yours sincerely,

[redacted]

I was expecting something a bit more explanatory here, but this is what I got back:

Dear CutestTwinkEver,

Thank you,
Customer Support

I went like this here:
AiiJecK.jpg

Dear support,

What does this even mean? You sent the same as before and I'm trying to make clear the ban and termination has no grounds as I complied with the ToS and was age verified from the beginning.

Do reply in a more considerate way, and re-activate my account. This doesn't make sense.

Yours sincerely,

That's that. Support? More like genital wart.

AnabelleLeigh said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

One of their big problems seems to be the way they handle these bans. Instead of saying "you've been banned because you did this, this, and this", they just ban with no explanation given. And even when models chase things up, they get stock replies like above. They'd save themselves a buttload of work if they just worked on their communication skills a little. Like in the other thread, there's a model who's been banned 28 times and is now being ignored by Shirley. It just looks terrible. If I were a model, I'd stay well clear of Chaturbate because of this. All they have to do to save face is answer the girl. Maybe there's a perfectly valid reason she was banned. But they choose to ignore her (and many, many others like her) and look ridiculous in the process.

It's bush. Bush league! :shifty:

CuTe said:
*snipped* support emails

I'm curious, are all your emails to them lengthy? I've never had support (on any site) respond with anything other than a stock message when my messages were tl;dr length. Not saying that it excuses any of this poor behavior at all, but a short (2-3 sentences at most), politely written message sometimes goes a really long way.

AllisonWilder said:
CuTe said:
*snipped* support emails

I'm curious, are all your emails to them lengthy? I've never had support (on any site) respond with anything other than a stock message when my messages were tl;dr length. Not saying that it excuses any of this poor behavior at all, but a short (2-3 sentences at most), politely written message sometimes goes a really long way.
Usually they are at least 3 paragraphs. So yes, usually quite long.

I tried sending this message:

Hi,

I'd like to know why my account has been terminated, as I did not break anything in the Terms of Service and had been age verified from the beginning. It doesn't make sense.

Sincerely,

You'll hear from me. If they send the same stock message I'll do the (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻).

Miss_Lollipop said:
Yup. I'd say this is really bad press for them.

I used to reccomend chaturbate for new models I wont be any more. :( and i would never consider working there..
I was contemplating trying out CB, but I am more than hesitant now. I don't do well when unprofessional people are in charge.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Yup. I'd say this is really bad press for them.

I used to reccomend chaturbate for new models I wont be any more. :( and i would never consider working there..
How conversations go these days...

Friend: I'm thinking about camming! What sites are there?
Me: Well, it depends on what sort of room you want. MFC is more social, SM is more private-based.
Friend: More social, definitely. How much time should I dedicate to it?
Me: Well, with MFC you should definitely have a game-plan. It takes a lot of consistency and time to build up customers. The thing with MFC is that there's a camscore system, so you need to really make your first 10 hours count. It's hard work.
Friend: Ah, yeah, I don't think I could dedicate that much time to camming. Too bad there isn't a website that's social like MFC but without the camscore system.
Me: Too bad indeed.

They were so close to being the next big thing... so close. They could still save themselves, but it really doesn't seem like they want to... it's weird.

Maybe they really are just making so much money that they don't even care about longevity? If that's the case man, GIMME THE SITE! I'll gladly take it over and do it right, le'sheesh.

With regard to strange policies and weird interface problems, I'd say if Streamate were just a little worse, it'd be in the same boat.

MFC is a huge success in part because there is little restrictions on what a model talks about, she can even post a link to her Twitter account on her profile. Cripes, Streamate itself uses Twitter, but won't allow models to mention it, even when asked by a member what their Twitter is. The interface on Streamate seems to change every couple days--going from broken functions to changing how the drop-down Category option works.

:lol: And why does Spellcheck not like the word "cripes?" lol

Where is everyone getting the "no Twitter" policy? Nearly everyone on there has their Twitter link on their profile. I've reread the rules several times and still see nothing about it.

Performers may exchange information with members of the Site, including contact information, but performers MAY NOT use members’ information to provide webcam shows or receive payments outside of the Site. If a performer sells something to a member, e.g., underwear, or performs any other miscellaneous transaction, the sale must be completed in exchange for Virtual Money (defined below).

CuTe said:
Fay_Galore said:

Try your best to take your fans with you. Why would they want to support such a SHIT site anyway?

Seeing posts like these make me feel so right in my decision to leave CB for MFC. I cammed there for about 2 years and don't want to be aboard the sinking ship. For all the money it makes I don't know why they spend their time implementing useless things like this "Satisfaction button" thing or user name color changes and other pointless chat features when they can't reply to support emails promptly, can't pay anyone on time, and over-banning with little to no explanation. :naughty:

AnabelleLeigh said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

You are SOOOOO wrong they banned me 28 times for no reason NONE!!!! and now wont reply to be rather than fix there sites problem. I fell for this person and hope Chaturbate unbans us all and gets there shit together cause they are being very unprofessional with me as well and refuse to give me real answers other than there stupid copy and paste replies that dont answer anything and Shirley ignores my issue also. Instead of fixing there site and issues they fuck us models and ban us and ignore us. PROOF HERE https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=18254

mynameisbob84 said:
AnabelleLeigh said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

One of their big problems seems to be the way they handle these bans. Instead of saying "you've been banned because you did this, this, and this", they just ban with no explanation given. And even when models chase things up, they get stock replies like above. They'd save themselves a buttload of work if they just worked on their communication skills a little. Like in the other thread, there's a model who's been banned 28 times and is now being ignored by Shirley. It just looks terrible. If I were a model, I'd stay well clear of Chaturbate because of this. All they have to do to save face is answer the girl. Maybe there's a perfectly valid reason she was banned. But they choose to ignore her (and many, many others like her) and look ridiculous in the process.

It's bush. Bush league! :shifty:

That would be me you are talking about and there was never any "valid reason" to ban me any of the 28 times or now.

Status
Not open for further replies.