AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner camboy needs help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2014
Hello everyone!

I am very new to the Webcam modeling business and have some questions!? :think:

° Best sites for males? (iam straight but I could say bicurious aswell.)

° How do you keep customers coming back?

° what can I do to stand out?

° what's the average payout for a part time and full time camboy?

I understand that I won't be making alot of money at first and that it takes time.

any tips will help :-D

A little bit about myself.
straight/biracial /6'2/muscular athletic build/very feminine features.

I will not perform anything that has to do with anal. I will talk, show my ass, flex,jerk off. Iam understand guys will pull their bacon to me on cam. I worked at a gay bar and was honestly adored by the gay community, not only for my looks but for my personality. I was a Barback getting typed more then the male strippers and had the strippers mad at me bc the guys wanted me to come over . (not saying I'm a Greek God, but I was gifted with pretty decent looks)

Please any tips to help me be successful are appreciated!

**using my phone! sorry for bad grammar***

°

Hey Jordan,

I am a male model that has been camming on CB for a year and a few months. I can give you my feedback on your points but it should be noted that every model performs differently varying on time/work committed on and off cam, what kind of crowd you attract and what you are willing to do.

* "Best sites for males?" - I have only cammed on CB in my experience, it seemed like the best fit for my cam-style considering the limited options that males have. I have been thinking of expanding soon so I am more than glad to share my experience on other sites if you so desire.

* "How do you keep customers coming back?" - You don't. Sounds harsh but it's true, they have to want to come back and you need to be there for them to come back to. The best way to establish regulars is to provide quality services that they enjoy, make sure they feel appreciated and put in enough face-time to make sure that you are there when they come back. Establishing lines of communication through Twitter, Kik or Snapchat are also good methods of keeping in touch and informing your regulars when you will be on.

* "What can I do to stand out?" - Be yourself. Find what you feel comfortable and enjoy doing and put your own personal spin on it.

* "What's the average payout for a part time and full time camboy?" - This is an extremely hard question to answer and one to be prepared for, so brace yourself. There are going to be months when you make much more than you expect; there are going to be months you make nearly nothing. It's the way the industry works. I have no clue what other male models make on average and have never really had interest in knowing, I find it helps me focus more on how I can maintain and improve what I have already built rather than stressing over what is "going wrong". Trial and error is usually the best way to go, just try not to undervalue yourself.

I hope my thoughts were of some help! Best of luck out there!

@DeezNA - thank you so much for your reply!

Yes I would greatly appreciate your experience on other sites. I have a couple more questions and they can be short sweet and to the point if you front feel like typing :handgestures-salute:

°are you straight /gay /bi? & what do you preference your sexuality as on C4 compared to real life?

° what are you talking about most the time? Sex,fantasies, little things about actual life (so they feel more connected)

° can I run 2 sites at once? Like many cam them and just tell the people (NOT THE SITE) that I'm in a private?

° can I make and sell my on videos on CB ?

° How much did you make on your worst month and best month and the hours you put into each? (if you don't mind) it just my curiosity :think:

I have some things pretty planned out to be as professional as possible when I first start out. I was also going to make some vids and post then so people could buy them.

Thank you again my friend

@deezNA

I actually looked at your profile and saw what you had going on. :thumbleft: looks good man. It's seems like a lot of people don't have that?

Thanks for checking out my profile, it does answer quite a bit about what I do in my room and who I am but it is pretty succinct so I can elaborate on the points you were curious about if you would like.

° "Are you straight /gay /bi? & what do you preference your sexuality as on C4 compared to real life?"
- I am straight. I would estimate about 75-80% of my clientele are gay/bi men. The way that I like to put it (and actually talk about quite a bit in my room) is that my sexual preference doesn't matter in my room. What matters is what the people who choose to join me enjoy. I am there for their entertainment, be it sexual or otherwise, my sexual preference is of no importance as long as they are having a good time.

° "What are you talking about most the time? Sex,fantasies, little things about actual life (so they feel more connected)"
- For the most part, we talk about fucking everything. :-D Everything ranging from personal things that people don't have anyone to talk to about to current events to sexual fantasies/experience, the whole works. I am a very conversational entertainer and I love telling stories and having discussions, it's just how my personality works and it's different for everyone.

° "Can I run 2 sites at once? Like many cam them and just tell the people (NOT THE SITE) that I'm in a private?"
- As far as legality goes, I am not sure. As far as ethics go, that's really your call. I, personally, feel it unfair to my room to be diverting my attention to other things when I am working; I feel it detracts from their experience and can make them feel less important. I rarely even PM when I'm working unless it's very important or very slow.

° "Can I make and sell my on videos on CB?"
- Make? I think you have to do that externally, but I am not very experienced in the content field. Sell? Absolutely. There are also external ways of distributing content but CB does have a built in infrastructure for content sales.

° "How much did you make on your worst month and best month and the hours you put into each?"
- I don't typically like disclosing income on a public forum. As far as hours, when I first started I was camming every day for at least 4 hours per session. When things got slower over last winter I was putting in at least 35 hours a week, not including off-cam work. A surprising amount of work goes on behind the scenes, as I'm sure you will find out soon. The important thing to remember is that more hours do not necessarily equal more income, but more hours are never a bad thing. 10 hours straight with no tokens but an ass-load of new followers can be *much* more valuable than a single very profitable 30 minute private; it's hard to remember that sometimes but it really is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.