AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2021
Hello,
I’ve cammed on and off for a couple years. But I was never consistent in scheduling. The most I made was $150 total. Maybe 5-7 days of 3 hour shifts. I work a regular 8-5 m-f job and seeking extra income. My laptop is shite but I’m hoping to buy a webcam on payday to make up for the lack of quality. As someone who wears wigs, I have a special wig just for this job and I’m very excited about it. I have a name, already linked to MFC and Chaturbate. Any tips? What about scheduling? Is 3 hours too short? Is consistency key? I’m not shy and actually advertise kink play and find a lot of easy fetish requests to make easy money. However, I hate mfc and wondering what’s the best site for newbies? I’m chubby, cute, educated and extroverted. I think I have potential. Any words of encouragement? Thank you.

My biggest tip would be to carve out some time to thoroughly comb through this forum. Absolutely everything you need to get started is here. There's a ton of advice from experienced models. I don't necessarily recommend doing this, but I spent a solid two months just reading through the posts here before I ever went live. Once you've got a few shows under your belt you can be verified here and get access to the models only section where there's even more advice.

To answer your questions more specifically, I would recommend getting a Logitech C920 webcam. It has great video quality, and the built in microphone is very good. I would also suggest having ample lighting; that will improve your video quality too. Walmart and Target sell clip on desk lamps for under $10 that can supplement whatever lighting you already have in your camming room. I would say 3 hours is a good timeframe. There's not really a set in stone rule for how long you should be on, though. You may reach your financial goal faster, or it may take longer than 3 hours. I can't speak for MFC, but consistency is definitely very important on Chaturbate. It's a social based website, so you have to build up a relationship with members, and that means being online at expected times. Chaturbate is a good starting place for newbies. That's where I started. Streamate would be another site to look into. It's less social and more private show based. Consistency is less important on Streamate, so if you don't think you can keep to a rigid schedule, that's where I would recommend.

I would also challenge you to reframe your mindset that camming, or even just fetish content, is easy money. Camming is hard work and there are many days where it's super discouraging, especially when you're first starting. Websites will help you out by giving you a new model boost for a short period of time, but after that traffic and money will likely drop, and you'll have to build it all back up. A lot of girls quit after just barely dipping their toes in because it wasn't as easy or lucrative as they first thought. Sex work takes a lot of grit. If you stick with it through the tough and borderline unbearable shifts, it's worth it. I'm sure you're going to be amazing. Good luck and happy camming :)

As a fellow newbie I want to say that I agree with Crimson, that's some amazing solid advice!

Things have slowed a little for me but what has helped a bit was being personable and talking as much as possible to those that come by, sometimes I will call out a name I find interesting and say "Haha sorry, that's just an amazing username" so they don't feel as if they have to talk but they at least know I appreciate them stopping by and hanging out with me!

Tease a lot! Give them a taste of what you're like and what's under the clothes, this can sometimes help people to want to tip! I've had some people pay to see more when I'm dancing and showing off my outfit. Just have fun and talk and show you're interested in having fun too, it tends to bring in people that like you and want to stay to see you being you.

Reactions: Jay78
Status
Not open for further replies.