AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Behavior of anonymous users on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2020
I guess this question is mostly for the users, I am a user myself, besides being a moderator.

When I watch the user lists, I sometimes wonder how many of the anonymous users in a room is really tipping users trying to get a feel of the room before entering.

I have started doing it myself as a way of avoiding being pm'd by models when I enter their rooms. Like it has been said in other threads, let me look at the bio and read the room to see if it is for me, then I will happily pay the pm fee or join the open chat.

The question is this: Is it common behavior for users to lurk as anonymous in the rooms before logging in?

Interesting question. I'll be following responses on this.

Upvote 0
I guess this question is mostly for the users, I am a user myself, besides being a moderator.

When I watch the user lists, I sometimes wonder how many of the anonymous users in a room is really tipping users trying to get a feel of the room before entering.

I have started doing it myself as a way of avoiding being pm'd by models when I enter their rooms. Like it has been said in other threads, let me look at the bio and read the room to see if it is for me, then I will happily pay the pm fee or join the open chat.

The question is this: Is it common behavior for users to lurk as anonymous in the rooms before logging in?

I do it to get a feel for the room and often I do it when i'm distracted and I know they are going to engage with me if they see me. I always use incognito when doing the multiview feature on cbhours.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
I can only speak for myself, but I do it sometimes when I am browsing new rooms, mostly to avoid getting PMs before I’ve even decided if I’m staying.

If it’s a room where I am a regular, I very rarely visit anonymously. The only time I can recall doing it deliberately, it was because the model had acquired a particularly annoying new tipper, a hyper-competitive tipper type that became toxic whenever other known tippers were also there. So for my own sanity and the betterment of the room, I developed a habit of checking her room to make sure he wasn’t there before I logged in to “officially” visit.

As a rule though, if it’s 1) a room I always visit, or 2) a new room but I am staying more than 2 minutes, I log in.

Upvote 0
I'm not on CB. But, I do sometimes browse MFC's main page before logging in to get a preview of the rooms as if you do it while logged in the models can see who's viewing their room either via preview or in PM. I forget how it shows on their end. But, I've had some models PM when I'm peeking in while logged in. Though, I have my privacy settings so that only models I have added can PM me. But, in previous times, I allowed all models to PM me, so I'd occasionally get a model PM saying "Since you're previewing me, why don't you come in and enjoy?!"

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
I used to be a non-tipping grey on CB before i started camming myself. I never once interacted with models. I rarely use that account now as I prefer to tip. I do have a shadow account I use if to check out new models and their pricing (tip menu/games/private show). Then if I want to follow, tip them or intereact I use my model acccount. That way I don't lurk in their room and they don't waste time PMing me because I have tokens.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
my guess is that most of these anonymous users are new users attracted by 3rd party advertisements and really don't have any account there.
The difference is obvious when the model chooses 'yes' or 'no' for "Appear on network sites:"
very few are those who just don't log in

Upvote 0
So far the answers seem to confirm my thinking. Of course, how widespread it is I don't know, but maybe it is something for models to consider.

my guess is that most of these anonymous users are new users attracted by 3rd party advertisements and really don't have any account there.
The difference is obvious when the model chooses 'yes' or 'no' for "Appear on network sites:"
very few are those who just don't log in
The only room I am a regular in, besides the one I moderate, is too far down the pecking order to really get traffic from 3rd party advertisements, usually ranking around 400-700 place with 20-40 viewers, but most of the time she has more than half as anonymous users, so I have my doubts as to the number of anonymous users from affiliate or 3rd party sites

Upvote 0
is too far down the pecking order to really get traffic from 3rd party advertisements, usually ranking around 400-700 place with 20-40 viewers, but most of the time she has more than half as anonymous users
Yes, these 50 % anons come from this 3rd party thing (I would bet for 95% of them or more) and very few (or no) hidden viewers.
Just select 'no', and she would never have more than 15 users (it's easy to proceed to this experience).

She really gets traffic from there, just understand that "traffic" doesn't mean in all rooms "thousands of viewers"

Upvote 0
Yes, these 50 % anons come from this 3rd party thing (I would bet for 95% of them or more) and very few (or no) hidden viewers.
Just select 'no', and she would never have more than 15 users (it's easy to proceed to this experience).

She really gets traffic from there, just understand that "traffic" doesn't mean in all rooms "thousands of viewers"
This is not intended to find ways of increasing that models traffic, she is fairly pleased with her traffic, she would rather have 10 active users than 1000 inactive. And I also like the more intimate feeling it provides.

The comment about the pecking order was nearly to suggest that users from 3rd party site have to scroll far down to find this room, and with her inconsistent use of tags she doesn't feature on the fetish based sites.

Upvote 0
not my intention, it's just a good way to answer yourself your question
"no" ('cause most of them don't know the room and have no account)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.