AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

troubleMeika

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 22, 2016
United States
Twitter Username
@troubleMeika
MFC Username
troubleMeika
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000596824/Meika_ox/
Heeey :)
I've been thinkin of becoming a SG (this sezy tattoed and hair colored models) for some weeks already, i already sent the application and they answered me. So now i have to fill up all the legal requirements and documents. But of course if they are asking me to send naked pictures (taken by a photographer, that ill have to pay) and that kinda things i wanna know how much are they gonna pay... to know if its worth it. But then i saw: they pay $500 usd to one girl choosen by them to have he Set of the Day. I asked and yes, only one girl daily.. of the 3000 models that wprk with them! So which are the chances pf u actually get paid? But now im wondering... so there are 3000 models giving away awesome naked sexy pictures for free hoping someday someone chooses their set? Or they earn money other ways, or use SG site as an advertising place (which makes sense if u're a cammgirl)?
Srry it turned longer than what i thought.. i have so many questions :)
Please let me know if there is another thread or post about this, bcause i coulsnt find it...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Here's a video for you:

I never worked for SG, but I have read many negative comments about them through the years. Here is why I don't think the compensation is worth it (keep in mind I have no first hand experience and things might have changed since the last time I looked into this):

1) Getting Set of the Day is nearly impossible, I have heard a lot about favoritism towards certain models.
2) Even if you do get it, $500 might seem like a lot, but it is not much money if you deduct the expenses of shooting the set.
3) You can't submit a set more often than once every 3 months. So assuming you landed "Set of the Day" for each one you submit, we are looking at $2000 per year, tops.
4) Unless things have changed there is an exclusivity clause on SG's contract which means you cannot work at any site that is a competition to SG, so if you were hoping to get paid by other sites for sexy photos, forget it.
5) You give them full copyrights to your pictures which means you forfeit some of those rights. I think I remember reading SashSuicide comment she could no longer sell prints of photos of herself cause it was in conflict with SG's contract she signed.

In my opinion SG is a site that is good if you love their aesthetic and you wish to have the "honor" of working with them as part of your life experiences. Expecting anything other than that is a bad trade off. If what you want is the praise of a community of people you can get much more feedback on places like /r/gonewild. If what you want is to get paid, camming is your best option. Successful camgirls make $500 any day they turn their cam on without winning any contests. If what you want is to have beautiful photos, you can take them without giving all rights to SG or signing their contract.

I wouldn't go near SG from all the drama around the company I have witnessed starting around 2005 when half of their burlesque troupe quit and raised a stink online over what they said was mistreatment and exploitation on the part of SG. Then they had legal issues with Apnea and Lithium Picnic that made them look pretty bad. They had a horrible exclusivity clause that forbid you from engaging with any site that competes with them even when they don't even pay you a dime. I don't know if this is still part of their contract since I have seen SG models do cam work lately, notoriously PetiteMarie. But if you are going into SG expecting to make big bucks, you will walk away disappointed. I recommend camming or clipsites instead.

Here's a video for you:

First: you are freaking adorable in this video, second what asshole's it makes me hate SG more than I already do. Your gorgeous and I dislike when a company does this to girls that don't look like playboy models. They expect you to shell out all this money to make 2k (maybe) it's ridiculous.

SG used to be an amazing and respectable site - more than a decade ago. While there are still many beautiful girls associated with it, the drama and negativity associated with it since is almost overwhelming. Because it does come with a sort of exclusive "prestige", I personally feel like they use it to exploit a lot of new girls. Because it is so difficult and so rare to get a Set of the Day - the chances of being picked are very slim to none. In the meantime, they get a lot of free material from hopefuls - without having to spend a dime of their money. It is pretty horrifying. So many beautiful girls put in so much work (and even money), which earns SG a lot of money, without them having to give anything in return. They make their money off of the hopes and dreams of new girls, many of them who never even have a chance against the more well-known names, but continue to try and try. And once upon a time (I am not sure whether this is still the case), there used to be a clause in the contract that forbid the models and hopefuls against working with similar sites. Which meant that not only did girls NOT make money on their sets, but they were also forbidden the opportunity to work with other sites who might potentially pay them. In short... I'd avoid SG like the plague.

GG is another option, yes. They do pay for every set that they receive, and although it does not pay nearly as much as SG, you will get paid if the set is published. Every girl gets paid for every published set - no exploitation there. However, payment comes months and months later, and makes it difficult to really want to participate. And GG seems to bring less traffic on its own, which means the girls are heavily encouraged to bring their own traffic (which is neither good nor bad, but it can feel a bit more pressure than you might want). I know there has been drama connected with GG lately, in particular the CEO behaving pretty horrifyingly to an uber driver, which does reflect poorly upon GG. But I honestly never even know the CEO was connected with the company - Jenna has always been the person that most models contact, and she has always been helpful in my experience. However, I know several GG girls who have had less than a stellar experience lately, so you'll have to take this whole paragraph with a grain of salt. There are many amazing ladies who are apart of GG and are in no way responsible for its CEO's behavior, and you'll see many familiar faces from ACF there!

In short... Definitely avoid SG! It's seriously not worth the hassle. GG is a much better experience for sure, but experiences lately seem to be a mixed bag, so you'll have to make that decision for yourself!

I wish there was a third option because I would seriously love to be a part of that! However, as a non-nude model, I'll just swoon over my lovely friends and admire their beautiful creativity and stunning bodies!

Good luck on your quest!

SG used to be an amazing and respectable site - more than a decade ago. While there are still many beautiful girls associated with it, the drama and negativity associated with it since is almost overwhelming. Because it does come with a sort of exclusive "prestige", I personally feel like they use it to exploit a lot of new girls. Because it is so difficult and so rare to get a Set of the Day - the chances of being picked are very slim to none. In the meantime, they get a lot of free material from hopefuls - without having to spend a dime of their money. It is pretty horrifying. So many beautiful girls put in so much work (and even money), which earns SG a lot of money, without them having to give anything in return. They make their money off of the hopes and dreams of new girls, many of them who never even have a chance against the more well-known names, but continue to try and try. And once upon a time (I am not sure whether this is still the case), there used to be a clause in the contract that forbid the models and hopefuls against working with similar sites. Which meant that not only did girls NOT make money on their sets, but they were also forbidden the opportunity to work with other sites who might potentially pay them. In short... I'd avoid SG like the plague.

GG is another option, yes. They do pay for every set that they receive, and although it does not pay nearly as much as SG, you will get paid if the set is published. Every girl gets paid for every published set - no exploitation there. However, payment comes months and months later, and makes it difficult to really want to participate. And GG seems to bring less traffic on its own, which means the girls are heavily encouraged to bring their own traffic (which is neither good nor bad, but it can feel a bit more pressure than you might want). I know there has been drama connected with GG lately, in particular the CEO behaving pretty horrifyingly to an uber driver, which does reflect poorly upon GG. But I honestly never even know the CEO was connected with the company - Jenna has always been the person that most models contact, and she has always been helpful in my experience. However, I know several GG girls who have had less than a stellar experience lately, so you'll have to take this whole paragraph with a grain of salt. There are many amazing ladies who are apart of GG and are in no way responsible for its CEO's behavior, and you'll see many familiar faces from ACF there!

In short... Definitely avoid SG! It's seriously not worth the hassle. GG is a much better experience for sure, but experiences lately seem to be a mixed bag, so you'll have to make that decision for yourself!

I wish there was a third option because I would seriously love to be a part of that! However, as a non-nude model, I'll just swoon over my lovely friends and admire their beautiful creativity and stunning bodies!

Good luck on your quest!
I found a third one! Have you ever heard of Crazy Babe?
http://www.crazybabe.com/contents.html

• Helpful!
Reactions: troubleMeika
That name is so off-putting, that site is horrific looking and almost impossible to even navigate, and yeah there are other sites like SG and GG all the time but they rarely last long.
I found a forth one that's been around since 1999.
http://www.gothicsluts.com/

• Helpful!
WOW All the info you have provided has been incredibly usefull. I thought i was alone and the only person in the world thining so bad about SG, but u have real life experiences and arguments and that's awesome.I had never heard about GG or any of the other sites, but im super intrigued and im gonna check them all. I just wish there would be a more simple, clear and models-respectful site. It seem that each place and site has it's own thingy. Anyways..... i'll find something out.

Thank you all for the awesome help! Your experience is just priceless to me :<:h:

Any new sites are welcome. I'll check those and tell you myself if they r good or not :)

WOW All the info you have provided has been incredibly usefull. I thought i was alone and the only person in the world thining so bad about SG, but u have real life experiences and arguments and that's awesome.I had never heard about GG or any of the other sites, but im super intrigued and im gonna check them all. I just wish there would be a more simple, clear and models-respectful site. It seem that each place and site has it's own thingy. Anyways..... i'll find something out.

Thank you all for the awesome help! Your experience is just priceless to me :<:h:

Any new sites are welcome. I'll check those and tell you myself if they r good or not :)
I found a fifth one! https://www.zivity.com/

Zivity is definitely different than SG or GG, and involves WAY more work. Basically, you don't get paid per set - you get paid for every vote that your set gets. You can get votes two ways - you can submit sets for competitions that any member can host, which often have a cash prize and allow your sets to get exposure, or you can offer prizes as enticements. Like... Vote a certain number of times and I'll send you the Hi-Res set. Vote XX number of times and you'll get behind the scenes photos. Vote XX number of times and I'll send you a signed polaroid, etc. You have to interact a lot more with members in hopes of getting votes, and it can be a LOT of work for a little bit of payout. But the good thing is, the payout is up to you. You alone determine how much work you want to put into it, and you aren't dependent on luck, like SG seems to be. But there are a lot of beautiful art nude models on that site, and it can be very fun! But payment is also less reliable since you're paid based on the number of votes you can get!

Yeah, I've never bothered with Zivity because it has always seemed like too much work with little reward.

I'm also on Xtremeplaypen and Pixel-Vixens, I just didn't feel they were relevant because they're both so different from SG or GG.

Thank you so much for all your useful info! I was going to apply to be an SG (mostly because they said I didn't actually need tats to do it) but now I'm definitely not going to. I have 2 friends that are active SG's but when I look at them everything you say makes sense. They are insanely off the charts normal model beautiful.

I won't apply to GG either I think, just because of the no tats thing...I wanted to do alt modelling to get more exposure for cam and hype up publicity, but I think I should just shoot my own shit, copyright it and somehow make a go of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.