AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best sites for Trial and Error for Newbies

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jillianna

Cam Model
Jul 12, 2021
Florida
www.jilliannalords.com
Twitter Username
@JilliannaLords
So I just got my camera set up and feel like I am ready to do some camming, and I know that I want to probably have Streamate be my primary, but taking all of your advice for Newbies of how it's all changed and to do the best we can to juggle multiple sites if possible, I don't want to ruin any opportunities in the future on any of the main ones. Is there a site that you would suggest might be a soft start to practice on?

Thanks!

The best advice is to simply start! The emotions that come with being in such a new situation might feel a little overwhelming, so take it easy, and don't add pressure on yourself by stressing about future sites, as just because a site works for you doesn't mean it'll work for another person, and vice versa. The experience you'll get from simply starting camming will be worth more imo.

SM is definitely a great starter site. It's gonna feel a little silly, but since SM is a site that has the option for members to type without others being able to see it (they'll have "invisible" next to their name), this means you can get away with simply talking to yourself as if someone's there, because how's anyone going to tell the difference between an imaginary member and a real, invisible member?
You can take this opportunity to talk about something like, say, "yeah, I can do that! So if you want to see me flash my boobs, tip x gold. I have more options in my tip menu" to encourage tips from real viewers. Sometimes I just say something quick, like "aw thank you!" and smile to stop there being radio silence; it helps keep my own mood up while real viewers have yet to start talking.
In my experience, I feel as if viewers are more willing to talk when the cam model is already talking.

You sound like you've done the research, but just in case: remember that you have the power to say no, that your boundaries are your own and you never have to explain yourself. Block if anyone is ruining your mood. And please remember that the first 30 seconds are free for a viewer on SM, so don't do requests right away/rush into them in that 30 secs. Asking a viewer what they want to see in the first 30 secs is a good way to spend the time if they haven't clarified already.

And remember that SM has a high pay cut, so don't be afraid to bump up your prices often until you find what works for you. My prices right now are 4.49 for private shows and 9.99 for exclusive, but those prices do not work on other sites (for me) unfortunately, so I was undercutting myself severely when I first joined SM. If there's something I'd do over with SM, it's that.

Good luck, and I hope you have a positive first day!

So I just got my camera set up and feel like I am ready to do some camming, and I know that I want to probably have Streamate be my primary, but taking all of your advice for Newbies of how it's all changed and to do the best we can to juggle multiple sites if possible, I don't want to ruin any opportunities in the future on any of the main ones. Is there a site that you would suggest might be a soft start to practice on?

Thanks!
Even though you are new don't be tempted to charge below $4.99 per minute on SM. You will attract a lot of bullies and assholes if you do, and give yourself unnecessary headaches. I would start on SM, then branch out to token sites after you've given SM a solid try first. The room is easier to manage on SM. Token sites have way more viewers and room management can be difficult. That way you can figure things out a little before you branch out.

Clip sites are pretty gentle too. I would do SM and a clip site or 2 to begin, then branch out to token sites.

So I'm on token sites and not so much into private shows, but I'll chip in anyway.

I started on Chaturbate, meaning for it to be my main (or only) site, and even though I did a lot of research before starting I regret it. I would do a lot of things differently now and I believe it's quite possible I could be more successful there if I tried it with some experience under my belt already.

After a few months I tried Camsoda with very low expectations, since I pretty much only heard bad things about that site and it is a perfect starter site in my opinion BECAUSE of that. Yes, it has it's issues, main one being the traffic - it sucks, I was streaming there for all of 4 months until it dried out completely for me, but in the beginning when you have a new tag you do get some traffic and decent earnings, but at the same time you are not likely to get so many people in your room to get overwhelmed. The site is easy to use, and compared to other token sites I tried (CB and Stripchat) I was getting way more privates there at the same price point, so it's a good place to get some practice with both public and private shows. The way I see it if you get luckier than me there that's great, you can stay on there and have it as a backup for SM and if not, abandon it without regret, since, like I said, it is not a great site overall. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obviously this opinion is formed by my experience, yours might be completely different, there's a lot of "right time, right place" factor involved in camming IMO, but in general I agree it might be a good idea to get some experience on another site before going for what you feel is your ideal main site, to make the best use of the new tag when you actually try your preferred site.

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me so thoroughly. I appreciate it very much!!
peppa pig GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.