AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Birthday Blahs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SophiaSophia

Inactive Cam Model
May 23, 2017
Twitter Username
@Miss_Jujubee
MFC Username
Miss_Jujubee
so- you think that once you get to a certain age, you still maybe kinda hope your birthday is a big deal?

but you know it isn't, you're not surprised when it isn't and not even genuinely disappointed it isn't but still have just a twinge of hope it might still be relevant?

or is this just me being petulant?

• Hugs
Reactions: KarlaKaress
I purposely avoid putting my birthday on any social media or promoting it whatsoever. People close to me remember it and wish they would forget. I'm weird about that though. I don't care for the attention. Be real and nice to me everyday, not just on the day I happen to have been birthed.

And happy birthday.

Reactions: SophiaSophia
I can't even recall the last time I haven't spent my birthday alone, and it's very much a self-imposed thing. My life has been and continues to be pretty tough, and so it just feels shitty to celebrate that. I don't pay much attention to anyone else's birthdays, either. Most folks get plenty of attention when they announce it, so I don't see any point in chiming in.

How's that for petulant?

But, hell, if you can't indulge in a little self-centered sulking on your own birthday, when can you?

Congratulations on your continued survival, and may the next turn around the Sun bring you success.

I've had a few birthdays. It is ok. It is relevant, but not everyone sees it. This is the day for you to do whatever the fuck you want. My relevance on that special day is the the only reason I need to eat vegan ice cream and watch tv all day without taking a shower or brushing my teeth.

The people remembering me part is the toughest part of it because I have had real friends that forget, but, I kind of don't do that any more and focus on myself...might as well might as well.

I've just picked myself up from the floor after a tantrum ..and I may do so again.

Yes. The real life friends that don't remember make for a special kind of blah. It's worse when it's family.
On the same coin, how is your particular miracle or accident of biology terribly relevant to anyone else. So yeah..petulance ..lol

so- you think that once you get to a certain age, you still maybe kinda hope your birthday is a big deal?

but you know it isn't, you're not surprised when it isn't and not even genuinely disappointed it isn't but still have just a twinge of hope it might still be relevant?

I've been that way about my birthday since I was a young'un. A friend discovered that she'd been out of state for my 20th birthday, and she was more upset about it than I was. I didn't give a fuck, especially since it was only 20, it's not like I could drink in a bar yet.

The past three years, my birthday has been celebrated by myself and a 6-pack, with whichever lovely ladies are working at the strip club that night. My expectations are precisely met - I tip lots of pretty ladies, some let me touch their boobs, some touch my boobs, and I get a private dance or two, then I go home a few hundred dollars poorer but having very much enjoyed myself.

Well, I once bar tended on my 29th birthday in an Elvis impersonator competition evening. At a certain stage there was a line of different Elvises to the restroom, and a tag along Sinatra Impersonator holding a cocktail Vodka Martini I just made him. I gotta say, it didn't get more surreal than that for me so far. Happy Birthday by the way :)

I only really care if my mom remembers my birthday, otherwise I spend the day like it's any other day except i buy myself a small piece of cake and continue on like normal. I grew up very poor, however, so I have a bit of a cynical approach to it. My friends do remember, and to my surprise they more often than not throw a small thing when I'm least expecting it, but I never hold them to it. My family, however...

Not gonna lie. I love the birthday attention. And my birthday is a huge deal to me...hence the current profile photo. Lol. My lil' sis was on FB complaining that this is the year she turns 30 in the fall, and I, on the other hand, am pretty much all Wheee! My birthday's in 5 days!!! LOL. I have that day off from work, and I'm hoping I have the money to spend the day at Six Flags.

Happy birthday!

Now that that's out of the way, it's nothing special for me. It's just another day, like most others including major holidays. I'll usually work it, and holidays since I don't do anything special for it. Kind of prefer to not celebrate out of personal preference.

Bah humbug.... ;)

Happy late birthday!
Totally get the birthday blahs, though. You always want your birthday to be a kind of big dea to the people around you, and when it's not it's disappointing, to be totally honest.
For my last birthday, when it hit midnight I was working at a club that I had been at for years. Pretty close with most of the bar staff, even dated one of them for over a year on and off. Only my server (who I'm best friends with) told me happy birthday. No one else, including my ex, said anything. Definitely a let down.

Happy late birthday!
I love birthday attention, and last year I was surprised by how many showed up for my 23rd. This year I decided not to remind anyone or say my birthday was coming up. I want to see how many people remember on their own! In the past I've learned that if I don't plan something for myself, nothing will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.