AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Blizzard Considering Vanilla WoW Servers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
So WoW wasn't my first MMO, but it was, all in all, the one I spent the most time playing. I much preferred it before it ended up being all about rushing through levels and then grinding daily quests at max level.

With that in mind, I was pleasantly surprised that they are even thinking about allowing interested players to turn back the clock and play on legit classic servers. They're even talking to the pirate server community. It may never happen, but I'd be sure to give the pre-Burning Crusade game another go, even if just for old time's sake.

Blizzard breaks silence on Nostalrius WoW server, says classic servers under discussion

The title of that is a bit misleading, unfortunately. They admitted to considering those "pristine" servers which are not nearly what the player base that wants "vanilla" is asking for.

Not really misleading.

"We have been discussing classic servers for years — it's a topic every BlizzCon — and especially over the past few weeks. From active internal team discussions to after-hours meetings with leadership, this subject has been highly debated."

I don't think anyone's going to be all that excited about "pristine servers", when the alternative would include classic Naxx, a raid most of us never got close to back in the day.

Plus: you're not gonna kill mah dreams!

Blizzard is losing subscriptions left and right. There used to be servers that were actually locked. Now 3/4th of them are low population according to the server select screen. I imagine they might start, if they haven't already, combining servers.

I much preferred it before it ended up being all about rushing through levels and then grinding daily quests at max level.

This is now the norm. I agree with Sevrin that the push to level is discouraging. Blizzard dropped the ball with heirlooms. They destroyed the game IMO.

Blizzard has to do something drastic.

It's the journey, not the destination.

I don't think anyone's going to be all that excited about "pristine servers", when the alternative would include classic Naxx, a raid most of us never got close to back in the day.

I still have nightmares about that place on 40 man.

The title of that is a bit misleading, unfortunately. They admitted to considering those "pristine" servers which are not nearly what the player base that wants "vanilla" is asking for.

Looks like meetings with Kern and the private server guys are happening as well. Maybe something other than pristine servers will come out of it. I still plan on playing Legion, but I'd love to have my talent trees back.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I wish they would really consider on making a Vanilla server. I never played Vanilla, and wish I could experience the old content as it was long time ago. I began playing during late Burning Crusade and throughout Wrath. I quit during Cataclysm for a few reasons - I was scared of the changes that were announced and I was having internet connection issues anyways shortly after. A few months ago, I hopped back on WoW since my SO plays it. It has changed so much and I was confused for a good while. I did not understand the whole garrison thing for Draenor. The thing that I thought was neat was being able to Transmog my armor, since I can keep on wearing the style of the old Tier gear that I'd worked so hard on back in my raiding days.

Reactions: DuoShi
Status
Not open for further replies.